IGNORED

The Gulf Between Bristol City And Cardiff City...

the_real_city

Okay we could all look at points in the bag...

But as a club Cardiff City are expecting over 25,000 this Saturday.

When Bristol city played Cardiff at home in the 3rd game of the season (the significance of it being the 3rd game is that you can't come back and now say, 'well you are top of the league you should be selling out the stadium'. Afterall you went top following this early KO), you only had 14,500+ fans at the gate.

That's a difference in attendance of 10,000 people.

A game being played in cold February rather than that scorcher of a day in August when the new season and a great result over palace should have enabled a potentially better attendance.

I just find it quite incredible that Cardiff City have now become a club regularly getting crowds of 23k and upwards (club has has over 35k season ticket applications for next season although its capped at 20k).

When Bristol city played Cardiff at home in the 3rd game of the season (the significance of it being the 3rd game is that you can't come back and now say, 'well you are top of the league you should be selling out the stadium'. Afterall you went top following this early KO), you only had 14,500+ fans at the gate.

A game being played in cold February rather than that scorcher of a day in August when the new season and a great result over palace should have enabled a potentially better attendance.

I just find it quite incredible that Cardiff City have now become a club regularly getting crowds of 23k and upwards (club has has over 35k season ticket applications for next season although its capped at 20k).

:robbored:

If there was only one football club in Bristol, and had a new stadium, we'd get about 20 thousand too.

Go find a sheep to worry boyo.

One thing about August, lots of people on holiday, spent out after being on holiday or getting ready to go on holiday - never a great time for a 'big' crowd

Doesn't account for 10,000 people, of course, but will account for a fair number I would think

Crowds tend to get bigger as the season goes on and there's something to play for, I would think, and you can't discount the 'you're top of the league' remark - because if it was reversed, and you were 23rd, lets not pretend your crowd would be anything like 25,000 on Saturday

Like most people on here I'm resigned to the fact you're going up this year - enjoy it. I'm sure, at some point, the red bubble will burst and you'll be back to wearing blue and playing in front of 12,000 again

Good point about attendance over the 2 games, can't really argue that. Cardiff is a big city with only one football team which will certainly help with the attendance being 10k more than ours, if we were the only football club in bristol I'd hazard a guess that you could add the 5-10k the gas get and our attendances wouldn't be so different to yours, providing we had a new/ rebuilt ground that could accommodate that many people. Let's see if you can maintain your run on Saturday, I've a good feeling we'll turn you over and the all to common late season shakes will begin in south wales, still you might just hang on and make the play-offs ;)

it is a gulf when 10,000 represents nearly 65% of the crowd you had! some good points though. By the way... as a football supporter, how do you think we could have prevented changing to red? We had it changed back to blue and then the owner changed it back to red again. We had no power. first game their were protests in the crowd and it made for a tentative atmosphere and as supporters we put this aside to concentrate on our team.

Not one Cardiff fans WANTS red. I hate red I connect with Blue and love our royal blue shirts. I think Blue is more a manly colour and more befits our type of club (no offence guys). What we all know is that when the Malaysians are gone, the next owner will most certainly turn us back blue. It's part of the rollercoaster we have been on for years.

it is a gulf when 10,000 represents nearly 65% of the crowd you had! some good points though. By the way... as a football supporter, how do you think we could have prevented changing to red? We had it changed back to blue and then the owner changed it back to red again. We had no power. first game their were protests in the crowd and it made for a tentative atmosphere and as supporters we put this aside to concentrate on our team.

Not one Cardiff fans WANTS red. I hate red I connect with Blue and love our royal blue shirts. I think Blue is more a manly colour and more befits our type of club (no offence guys). What we all know is that when the Malaysians are gone, the next owner will most certainly turn us back blue. It's part of the rollercoaster we have been on for years.

Very nice.

Why are you here?

Ninian Park station isn't open at all on match days. And if it was, it's location would not be recommended! right outside the Ninian Park pub and out of sight a bit.

If I was BCFC fan cardiff central is your stop, you will come out and have all Millennium Stadium in front of you turn right from the main entrance you have city centre and all the pubs. Mill Lane is the scenic drinking area but you got the lot there.

So you're a 'manly' club but you had 'no power' to fight the colour change?

What has happened to Cardiff? Used to think you had balls.

Maybe your firm should consider a name change to the 'Soul-less Crew'.

When the Malaysians go , the colour of your shirts will be the least of your worries.

Ninian Park station isn't open at all on match days. And if it was, it's location would not be recommended! right outside the Ninian Park pub and out of sight a bit.

If I was BCFC fan cardiff central is your stop, you will come out and have all Millennium Stadium in front of you turn right from the main entrance you have city centre and all the pubs. Mill Lane is the scenic drinking area but you got the lot there.

Thanks for that, I'm coming down on the Aberdare train and have lived there for 25 years, so I think I know my way around Cardiff. What about grangetown station?

You did absolutely sod all about it though.

You have had successful campaigns near the top of the Championship / playoffs whilst we have struggled in and around the relegation in recent years - each year that adds/detracts from your attendances. If Cardiff had three relegation battle seasons, are you honestly telling me you would be expecting 25,000 crowds - because I am sure no one will believe you.

My god, what a retard. Of course there is a gulf. In recent years, you've been to a league cup final, an fa cup final, numerous (bottled) attempts at the playoffs, and the plastic fans are now out in force because you're 11 points clear at the top with 15 games to go.

I'd like to think, we'd be able to attract a few plastics in your position.

Still 2nd best in Wales though.

Thanks for that, I'm coming down on the Aberdare train and have lived there for 25 years, so I think I know my way around Cardiff. What about grangetown station?

Grangetown again in itself is a rougher area although quite a bit closer to the ground than central. Only thing is from grangetown you aint gunna get a pub if that is what you would be looking for. All pubs from there to the ground are the sorta cardiff main pubs if you like.

The only thing that's incredible is the amount of glory hunters who have jumped on the bandwagon. I always remember my first trip to Ninian in Feb 2000 when you were going down to the Third Division in front of less than 4,000. Those fans deserve success, not pikey Johnny-come-lately ****s like you.

you seem a decent sort Real. Do you have any advice for parking for those driving over, preferably free. Cheers.

Archived