IGNORED

The Gulf Between Bristol City And Cardiff City...

the_real_city

• Admin

To be fair do any of us really care what this gloryhunter thinks anyway? Up until this season he supported the Bluebirds but switched allegiances when it became clear that some rich Malaysian businessman was pumping money into some team in his city who play in red.

I wouldn't say the cities are alike.

Bristol with a proud history going back to the Middle Ages, Britain's second largest city at one point, a larger connurbation even now, noted for hi-tech industries.

Cardiff, built in the mid 19th century by a Scottish aristocrat as a jetty for loading coal from his Valleys coalfields. Noted for the high percentage of the population on disability benefit.

Massive Attack v Charlotte Church. No contest.

? And we still get get trouble between us.........Mmmmmmmmmm

they probably envy our city.

mmm...I doubt that very much.....world class sports and concert venues (next up is a £250m moto gp track up at ebbw vale - a welsh GP...jeez...

A council that "welcomes" & "recognizes" investment opportunities and does not take the nimby view everyfekintime ........

NO KIN PUSHBIKES (well not infested or preparing for an infestation like Bristol seems to be)

Oh and they got Dr who & casualty ..............nicked from us.........what next?.......

And anyway........its not a GULF between us .....it's the Bristol Chanel.......

Plus point? .........they dont have a ZOO...so lets celebrate that

Okay we could all look at points in the bag...

But as a club Cardiff City are expecting over 25,000 this Saturday.

When Bristol city played Cardiff at home in the 3rd game of the season (the significance of it being the 3rd game is that you can't come back and now say, 'well you are top of the league you should be selling out the stadium'. Afterall you went top following this early KO), you only had 14,500+ fans at the gate.

That's a difference in attendance of 10,000 people.

A game being played in cold February rather than that scorcher of a day in August when the new season and a great result over palace should have enabled a potentially better attendance.

I just find it quite incredible that Cardiff City have now become a club regularly getting crowds of 23k and upwards (club has has over 35k season ticket applications for next season although its capped at 20k).

Not sure the river severn is a gulf ........

Okay we could all look at points in the bag...

But as a club Cardiff City are expecting over 25,000 this Saturday.

When Bristol city played Cardiff at home in the 3rd game of the season (the significance of it being the 3rd game is that you can't come back and now say, 'well you are top of the league you should be selling out the stadium'. Afterall you went top following this early KO), you only had 14,500+ fans at the gate.

That's a difference in attendance of 10,000 people.

A game being played in cold February rather than that scorcher of a day in August when the new season and a great result over palace should have enabled a potentially better attendance.

I just find it quite incredible that Cardiff City have now become a club regularly getting crowds of 23k and upwards (club has has over 35k season ticket applications for next season although its capped at 20k).

can't believe you wasted time to tell us you get bigger crowds. hadn't noticed, so cheers. now maybe find a puddle to jump over an tell us all about that an all?

A Malaysian gulf.

At least we're from Bristol and proud of our roots.

I'm not sure where they're from.

If I was a Cardiff fan I'd cut off that protrusion sticking out of my forehead and go and support a proper Welsh club that's proud of its roots, Swansea

I actually hope they go up this season because none of them will be able to celebrate their hollow victory as it will be a team in red, with a funny nick name and the best part of all . . . .

They're not even Welsh..if you are born a cardiff fan,how can you just change?..would be like you or i going over to the Rovers..if City were taken over by an Asian consortium you would have to stick with it,same as they are..

Ahhhh Banter.

I think the two clubs are similarly sized, but throughout history Cardiff City have been marginally bigger and had marginally more success, but overall there is little between us.

As for city envy. I don’t envy Bristol. I’d take your airport, and your suspension bridge and some of your buildings, but not much else. Certainly not your accent, your creaking transport infrastructure, your fondness of flubber in jogging bottoms or your irritating militant middle class cyclist types. Bristol is a great city, but so too is Cardiff, so no envy at all.

All this said, I am ashamed of my club and our fans at what’s happened. I think in the same situation most clubs below the Premier league would have reacted the same (It’s the chasing the dream where morals are lost, in football and elsewhere) but the lack of balls shown since the start of the season has shocked me. I did consider Cardiff a ‘special’ club, with a very proud and fairly special fan culture but now I see us as just another middling modern fanbase…Bolton, Huddersfield, Cardiff..all the same.

I hope we stuff Bristol City on Saturday, but on the terraces I hope you embarrass us about the rebrand, because we deserve it.

That said, in the interest of generational-relationships I do think it's important that you Bristolians tone down your dislike of Cardiff City, because within a few years it's very likely that your children, and many of the young people in Bristol will be Cardiff City supporters..who won't be tempted by their nearest premiership club? ;)

Ahhhh Banter.

I think the two clubs are similarly sized, but throughout history Cardiff City have been marginally bigger and had marginally more success, but overall there is little between us.

As for city envy. I don’t envy Bristol. I’d take your airport, and your suspension bridge and some of your buildings, but not much else. Certainly not your accent, your creaking transport infrastructure, your fondness of flubber in jogging bottoms or your irritating militant middle class cyclist types.

All this said, I am ashamed of my club and our fans at what’s happened. I think in the same situation most clubs below the Premier league would have reacted the same (It’s the chasing the dream where morals are lost, in football and elsewhere) but the lack of balls shown since the start of the season has shocked me. I did consider Cardiff a ‘special’ club, with a very proud and fairly special fan culture but now I see us as just another middling modern fanbase…Bolton, Huddersfield, Cardiff..all the same.

I hope we stuff Bristol City on Saturday, but on the terraces I hope you embarrass us about the rebrand, because we deserve it.

That said, in the interest of generational-relationships I do think it's important that you Bristolians turn down your dislike of Cardiff City, because within a few years it's very likely that your children, and many of the young people in Bristol will be Cardiff City supporters..who won't be tempted by their nearest premiership club? ;)

I'm afraid I can't mate. I do however dislike Leeds slightly more.

Ahhhh Banter.

As for city envy. I don’t envy Bristol. I’d take your airport, and your suspension bridge and some of your buildings, but not much else. Certainly not your accent, your creaking transport infrastructure, your fondness of flubber in jogging bottoms or your irritating militant middle class cyclist types. Bristol is a great city, but so too is Cardiff, so no envy at all.

That said, in the interest of generational-relationships I do think it's important that you Bristolians tone down your dislike of Cardiff City, because within a few years it's very likely that your children, and many of the young people in Bristol will be Cardiff City supporters..who won't be tempted by their nearest premiership club? ;)

Are you ashamed of yourself then? You seem to have accepted it just as well.

Are you ashamed of yourself then? You seem to have accepted it just as well.

Personally I'm confortable with my approach. I have been to less games this season, I have never purchased any red merchandise, I have commented a lot on Walesonline website, I have texted Radio Wales, I have made my views known to friends and family (and thus influencing some of them, and probably making them less likely to buy red gear). I've consistently argued my point in person and online, I've got into 1-2 arguments with strangers, I've even written on toilet walls (!!!!).

All that said, I'm still a Cardiff City fan, and while the club probably means less to me than it did, I can't see it in me to boycott the team or give up on the club. I'm really angry with our chairman, I think he's totally tarnished what should be the best season for 50 years, but there you go..

At the end of the day, this season has taught me that there are far more important things than football.

Personally I'm confortable with my approach. I have been to less games this season, I have never purchased any red merchandise, I have commented a lot on Walesonline website, I have texted Radio Wales, I have made my views known to friends and family (and thus influencing some of them, and probably making them less likely to buy red gear). I've consistently argued my point in person and online, I've got into 1-2 arguments with strangers, I've even written on toilet walls (!!!!).

All that said, I'm still a Cardiff City fan, and while the club probably means less to me than it did, I can't see it in me to boycott the team or give up on the club. I'm really angry with our chairman, I think he's totally tarnished what should be the best season for 50 years, but there you go..

At the end of the day, this season has taught me that there are far more important things than football.

Would that be just underneath your mobile number? :laugh:

Easy tiger, only jesting ;)

Saturday will be good with all these promised of a loud away atmosphere. You must admit in your previous 5 visits to Cardiff (not including fa cup defeat) you have mustered little to nothing in terms of noise, and points.

Lets face it in about 5 attempts coming to AG you mustered nothing in terms of noise, and points.

?? 5 attempts... are you being serious or ignorant... we beat you last season, and a recent 6-0 hammering! we have done the double over you two years in a row coming into this season, scoring a hefty amount of goals (average 3 a game).

The only noisy Cardiff crowd was in 2003 play offs. The rest of your visits have been mediocre to say the least.

?? 5 attempts... are you being serious or ignorant... we beat you last season, and a recent 6-0 hammering! we have done the double over you two years in a row coming into this season, scoring a hefty amount of goals (average 3 a game).

As far as I remember Malaysia 'The Red Dragons' FC have never beat us. The score was 4-2 to City in our only ever game wasn't it?

Archived