IGNORED

Yeovil

stephenkibby.

what are the chances wele be playing them next season?

tuned in to there game,sounds like there playing some good stuff.

will we have to stay up to see johnson back down the gate next season?

Fair play to Yeovil and fair play to FGR if both get promoted.

What are the chances of Yeovil and FGR being the top 2 teams in the west in a few seasons?

what are the chances wele be playing them next season?

tuned in to there game,sounds like there playing some good stuff.

will we have to stay up to see johnson back down the gate next season?

Pah , conference manager at best.............. :whistle2:

I went to the Yeovil game today and they were decent up front mainly using the right wing to good effect. Macca had a solid game and joe Edwards could have scored the third but passed it to an unmarked player to tap in. The thought of league 1 football depresses me.

How does GJ manage to find a gem of a striker for peanuts and scores every week. Yet when he was here, millions were spent with little reward.

Also when he was here he had a front two (Enoch & Jevons) who cost nothing and got us promoted...

I went to the Yeovil game today and they were decent up front mainly using the right wing to good effect. Macca had a solid game and joe Edwards could have scored the third but passed it to an unmarked player to tap in. The thought of league 1 football depresses me.

Doesn't the football we are playing now, depress you?

How does GJ manage to find a gem of a striker for peanuts and scores every week. Yet when he was here, millions were spent with little reward.

I know what you mean.He has been active in the transfer and loan market and made good signings.At our place towards the end he couldn't sign any decent players and just kept saying how hard it was to do so.

I was at Huish Park this afternoon (Guest of one of the sponsors) didn't realise Jamie Mac played for them.

Joe Edwards impressed me as did their 2 centre backs and left winger. Standard of football not the greatest although Yeovil can play good stuff. They worked hard and were quick to the ball often nipping in before it got to the oppo player.

GJ obviously working his magic and with 8 wins on the dap the feel good factor is noticeable.

Whether they or their pitch are ready for the Championship, I'm not sure!!!

I wish them well

Are you joking? Where were you when we were a goal away from reaching the prem with GJ as manager?

He's the best we've had for 30 years and it's been downhill since he left. IMO in hindsight letting him go was a mistake.

He would get a standing ovation from me if he came back to Ashton Gate

Are you joking? Where were you when we were a goal away from reaching the prem with GJ as manager?

He's the best we've had for 30 years and it's been downhill since he left. IMO in hindsight letting him go was a mistake.

Agree with what you're saying , but the point regarding his striker signings still stands. Other than Jevons at level 3 and Maynard at the higher level , GJ didn't bring in the quality of striker who were going to score enough goals. My one regret from the play off season is the failure to get that goalscoring forward we needed , and we could have probably got Kevin Phillips if we'd have been prepared to push the boat out a bit.

I specifically meant on strikers. Only maynard really scored on a regular basis. Dont think anybody else managed double figures for a season in the championship under johnson did they?

Must have done in a couple of million on loan fees and related wages alone

I specifically meant on strikers. Only maynard really scored on a regular basis. Dont think anybody else managed double figures for a season in the championship under johnson did they?

i think you will find its way more than that trundle although not a total failure, he didn't really cut the mustard at this level and with his fee/wages your already @ + 3 mill for a average striker @best

His time was up, move on. The only mistake(s) have been by the board in not being able to appoint the correct replacement. Hopefully they've made the right choice this time, only time will tell.

It could be that Gary is one of that rare breed of manager who works best on a small budget.

Once the purse-strings were loosened a bit, he was talked into buying some utter mules.

I always thought he was a good manager, but I don't look back with rose-tinted specs at his last two seasons. How often did we watch us trying to sit back and defend a 1-0 lead for 35 minutes only for the inevitable....

You can't use the dross we've had since as an excuse for the last half a season under him, we were falling like a stone

It could be that Gary is one of that rare breed of manager who works best on a small budget.

Once the purse-strings were loosened a bit, he was talked into buying some utter mules.

I always thought he was a good manager, but I don't look back with rose-tinted specs at his last two seasons. How often did we watch us trying to sit back and defend a 1-0 lead for 35 minutes only for the inevitable....

There you have it. Although I don't know if he was "talked into it", I'd like to think he made the final decision himself! As soon as better quality was needed, he was found wanting.

I was speaking to Joe Edwards last night in mbargos.

He wasn't shy in putting away a few rum and cokes.

Shocking attitude by a professional athlete. Said it before, I'll say it again. There should be a complete alcohol ban for any professional athlete during their playing season. It is their responsibility to be in tip top shape. Even a small amount of alcohol hinders that, and certainly hinders recovery from injury.

Players have a lifetime to drink, and the off season. Their life is very different from others, whose body does not need to be at peak fitness to perform.

Wasn't it this muppet that was banned for drink driving as well? Nothing like trying to make an impression after being a bloody idiot.

Archived