IGNORED

Di Canio

CiderArmyy

How many people on here ould with no sense of irony quote "i may not agree with what you say but i will defend to my death your right to say it". Who are now slamming di canio for his right wing views. Football quite frankly should not be at the forefront of political debate, its far more jeremy kyle than newsnight - quite rightly. Although i admit politics can add interesting fuel to th fire e.g rangers/celtic, far more fun to be a part of is the rivalries created by what happens on the pitch and morons like warnocks reaction to it - our rivalry with palace being the obvios example.

Is this just a media stunt or is this for real? As we already know he resigned from Swindon Town and their old board last week, However he had agreed a new contract with the new board, Is this just a stunt to try and hurry the football league into pushing through the sale. What ever happens next what is for sure is nothing surprises me from that club or indeed PDC.

Got to report, all glum on the Swindon front.

I'm having a brilliant day, even though I have a chest infection. The remorseless piss taking I thought I would have got bored with by now, but the shite I've taken for the past 18 months... Well its payback. I'm even thinking of working late :)

I'm having a brilliant day, even though I have a chest infection. The remorseless piss taking I thought I would have got bored with by now, but the shite I've taken for the past 18 months... Well its payback. I'm even thinking of working late :)

I know the feeling TRL.

I know far too many Swindon fans for my liking, and since Di Canio has arrived it seems to have coincided with our form being utterly dreadful! Needless to say I have had constant abuse from all the clever dick Swindon fans.

I just hope this is the start of bad times for them.

Completely echo the sentiments re Swindon fans.

I've grown up with Swindon fans and the crap I've taken over the years (as the only Bristol City fan at my school/college) makes this news so sweet. The last 2 seasons they've been everywhere, so many have come out of the woodwork. Whereas we've been dog awful and it's been painful.

I still think they've got a good shot at promotion this season but I sincerely hope this is the beginning of their demise.

Completely echo the sentiments re Swindon fans.

I've grown up with Swindon fans and the crap I've taken over the years (as the only Bristol City fan at my school/college) makes this news so sweet. The last 2 seasons they've been everywhere, so many have come out of the woodwork. Whereas we've been dog awful and it's been painful.

I still think they've got a good shot at promotion this season but I sincerely hope this is the beginning of their demise.

My thoughts exactly.

I know so many people that lost interest when Swindon began the downward spiral. It seemed as if though all of them just focused on supporting premier league teams and I didn't hear a peep. All of a sudden a bit of success on the horizon and they all come out of the woodwork!

I know the feeling TRL.

I know far too many Swindon fans for my liking, and since Di Canio has arrived it seems to have coincided with our form being utterly dreadful! Needless to say I have had constant abuse from all the clever dick Swindon fans.

I just hope this is the start of bad times for them.

I am loving it, I really am. people are looking so so pissed off in the office. in my office we have 12 Swindon fans, 2 liverpool fans and 2 city fans.

Now I never really thought about Swindon as rival, never saw them as a rival at all to be honest. But since I have been working in Swindon, I am starting to think maybe they are.

Anyway, A look up, a wink a nod, and a chorus of where's your Di Canio where's your Di Canio, where's your Di Canio, where's your Di Canio seems to work a treat. haven't got bored of singing it yet, and I started at 7.30 this morning!

I am loving it, I really am. people are looking so so pissed off in the office. in my office we have 12 Swindon fans, 2 liverpool fans and 2 city fans.

Now I never really thought about Swindon as rival, never saw them as a rival at all to be honest. But since I have been working in Swindon, I am starting to think maybe they are.

Anyway, A look up, a wink a nod, and a chorus of where's your Di Canio where's your Di Canio, where's your Di Canio, where's your Di Canio seems to work a treat. haven't got bored of singing it yet, and I started at 7.30 this morning!

Yep. When you work/live around Swindon fans you do start to think differently. They get under my skin as much as the Gas, but that's because I only lived in Bristol til I was 4. At least the Gas are from Bristol, not some tinpot, soulless town in Wiltshire that is most famous for a magic roundabout.

Haha brilliant.

I agree though, never really considered Swindon a massive rival but over time my hatred for them increases each season without fail. Even more so when I see the idiot Swindon fans I know, it just reminds me of why I dislike them so much.

It's all gone quiet now though....very quiet.

Haha brilliant.

I agree though, never really considered Swindon a massive rival but over time my hatred for them increases each season without fail. Even more so when I see the idiot Swindon fans I know, it just reminds me of why I dislike them so much.

It's all gone quiet now though....very quiet.

I've never met a Swindle fan, but in the years we used to play them they managed to annoy me more than any other fanbase. From the comicle "Swindon Ultras" to the annoying plastic mob in the corner of that Nationwide stand and not to mention the utter gorms that post on their forums.

"The Town End" it's about as vocal as a mute that's taken a vow of silence.

• Admin

Horrible little fascist, never his fault always the players. Too many fans get excited by his touchline antics and cliched press conferences, spent a lot at Swindon, leaving them with a £3m a year wage bill and £13m in debt. Forced to sell players so jumps ship.

£3m wage bill? Is that correct?

I know it's at a lower level (but one we might have to compete at next season) but that compares well to our >£18m wage bill on just £11m turnover! Ok their turnover will be less than ours but it is impossible for it to replicate the £7m gap between our turnover and wage bill.

I've never met a Swindle fan, but in the years we used to play them they managed to annoy me more than any other fanbase. From the comicle "Swindon Ultras" to the annoying plastic mob in the corner of that Nationwide stand and not to mention the utter gorms that post on their forums.

"The Town End" it's about as vocal as a mute that's taken a vow of silence.

You don't want to meet one believe me. Deluded idiots most of them who only pipe up when things are going well.

I know as many Swindon fans as I do Gas and they both annoy me and get under my skin equally.

Yep. When you work/live around Swindon fans you do start to think differently. They get under my skin as much as the Gas, but that's because I only lived in Bristol til I was 4. At least the Gas are from Bristol, not some tinpot, soulless town in Wiltshire that is most famous for a magic roundabout.

In my eyes Swindon fans are just as bad as the Gas...

They have one good season and suddenly there are Swindon shirts everywhere.

Every Swindon fan I know also supports a Prem club like Man United or Arsenal!

For the past 10 or so years we have been above them yet they still harp on about their one solitary embarassment of a Premier League season.

When I see a Swindon fan it winds me up a lot, they are just about the smuggest set of fans you could ever meet.

The fans I know are deluded and were quoted as saying a few months back "one of the richest clubs in the football league". What a joke!

The other thing that winds me up about them is that most City fans don't care about Swindon, because there is very little Swindon fans in Bristol. But hell they hate us, I would say they hate us just as much as they hate Oxford.

I wouldn't say they were a horrible bunch, just a very very annoying bunch of supporters who need to be put out of their misery at times.

What are you doing in work with a chest infection? Should be home resting.

What are you doing in work with a chest infection? Should be home resting.

Couldn't help myself. Crap drive from bristol to swindon and back, coughing all day. May be off tomorrow. But had to get in to see the faces today.

Excellent! If he is back as Swindon manager that soon, it would show what a farce the whole situation has been.

I honestly think it's a possibility and suggested this yesterday. I see it as he has resigned from working for the old board due to the breakdown in their relationship and is just waiting for the new board to take over and will then return.

I honestly think it's a possibility and suggested this yesterday. I see it as he has resigned from working for the old board due to the breakdown in their relationship and is just waiting for the new board to take over and will then return.

The thing is though, how much will it affect his players with all this happening? If I was a player for Swindon, it would completly shake my head and cause a massive distraction. Hopefully this farce stops them from going up though. Last thing I want is for us to go down and for Swindon to go up. Would make my life a hell living in Swindle.

Archived