IGNORED

Official Skeletor's Mob V City Match Thread

Bedminster Born And Red

Cant wait for Saturday now. Huge game that we simply have to win but what a game to look forward too. What with Wolves, Huddersfield and Ipswich losing and other teams only picking up a point, 3 points on Saturday will put us within striking distance. All to play for !!!!!!!!!

Quite but a cautionary word. I believe Barnsley's record under their caretaker manager is something like 9 wins and a draw in 10 games in all competitions. Losing would hardly be a shock therefore, though SOD has got the home form going at least, and that surely would be the end? Not SOD's fault of course, as others have said the Board was far too late sacking McInnes.

Well, Baldock out injured, Adomah just back and not met SOD yet, Killa just back, Howard not integrated, Skuse out, Carey out, Maloney unfit, Cunningham missing last week,

We obviously had to change out style to accommodate worse players, it hasn't worked. Fully fit squad and we'd have put on better showings. Hardly SODs fault that the squad we have makes absolutely no sense!

Agreed with this and your other comment. I was going to say the same but everytime i started writing I launched my phone there is so much negative un knowledgeable rubbish on the match day threads

It's unlikely, maybe wishful thinking, but 3 of our next 4 games are at home (Barnsley, M'Boro, Brighton) with Blackpool away. A realistic aim would be 7/9 points.

During this time Sheff Weds have to play 3 teams in the play-offs (Leicester and Watford away) plus Forest. It's not ridiculous but they could easily lose all 4.

Only one team but we've still got a chance to catch them all up, especially if we can keep our SOD home form up.

It is not about fight, it is a lack of quality . We left the idiot in charge so long, we lost almost any hope of surviving. Now the board have gone for FFP , which they have to, so our ability to sign players is in the Kelly mould. we are all due a reality check, we are a small club with a small turnover, we need to build a club that lives to a different way, and maybe that means we bounce between L1 and the Championship.

We are better than that lets not kid ourselves. Lets leave the 'bouncing' between league one and the chamionship for clubs like Pboro ay..

Same old,same old.nothing to offer up front with midfield to deep with no creation in front of goal.We seem to let 2 goals in away from home nearly week in week out,it tells you everything.Stead and Davies are too lethargic ,baldock injured,leavin no strike power.

Feel like this could be addressed with Killa and Howard on Saturday - whilst Marv has been 'solid' it's nothing more. Pearson's had some of his best games for us in recent weeks under SOD but as you rightly say, I think we need a little more creation if we have any aspirations of scoring!

Looked like a pub team second half. Nothing up top, stead looked cumbersome.

What made me laugh; foster takes an attacking throw in, throws it to nyatangas right foot on the halfway line, where he gets tackled.i do question whether these really were professional footballers and have played with each other before!

Embarrassing to be honest.

Looked like a pub team second half. Nothing up top, stead looked cumbersome.

What made me laugh; foster takes an attacking throw in, throws it to nyatangas right foot on the halfway line, where he gets tackled.i do question whether these really were professional footballers and have played with each other before!

Embarrassing to be honest.

As opposed to playing with themselves, that would be?

Cider is the only answer. Bye, folks!

Exactly. Let the whiners whine, it doesn't matter. What matters is that we get three points on Saturday,

We'll need to win out home games and scrape the odd point away to stay up. It is possible but difficult, same as it was when S.O.D. was brought in.

Far too many fickle views which change based only on the last result.

but its not based on results as you know.

its about not giving yourself a chance to win the game.

if you think we can pinpoint these home games and win them all,well i cant see it.

i know what your saying,cardiff,palace away no points.

but a team to stay up from our postion,needs to pull off 1 or 2 great results.

anyway up or down.(down for me) s.o.d. i think would turn this club around.

may be wrong but it seems the club is allready gearing up to relegation.

and im looking foward to the journey back!

i think youv been around long enough not to dispair! hey whats another year in the third tier!

Quite but a cautionary word. I believe Barnsley's record under their caretaker manager is something like 9 wins and a draw in 10 games in all competitions. Losing would hardly be a shock therefore, though SOD has got the home form going at least, and that surely would be the end? Not SOD's fault of course, as others have said the Board was far too late sacking McInnes.

Agree. Saturdays game really is last chance saloon. Lose and we are down. Win and we live to fight another day. Cracking game to look forward too though !!

I think everyone understands that wins or draws at these two teams was going to be difficult. I think the problem is with the performance and lack of cutting edge, as well as lack of ball retention.

People will accept defeats, the manner of the defeats is the problem

Nice to think some people on here think that we have a team and a manager still capable of dragging us out of this mess. I'd suggest that for this to happen both would have to demonstrate passion and character that would compensate for the lack of talent and imagination we exhibit from top to bottom in this club.

As far as I can tell the majority of those that remain positive go to the games , which leaves me asking, what is it that I'm missing? How can we stay up? Other than statistically. I'll accept that, but then I look at a dour manager who refuses to use the meagre talent available to him and a squad of players who quite frankly would benefit from relegation as few of them as demonstrated over the last few years, are capable of generating any interest from any Championship rivals. Admittedly if we did escape, life's mediocrities such as Skuse , Elliott, Fontaine would probably benefit again from the great 'you kept us up , have a new contract, we're so grateful' mentality at this club, so maybe they should have a degree of self interested motivation, but then again they're shit so that probably won't count for much.

We are going down, with a whimper. And a growing, very understandable disinterest from the fans.

SOD hasn't had time for any kind of judgement yet, but the last two team selections were uninspirational and failed. Our better players technically were on the bench.

I've no idea whether he's a better manager but SOD's on a short term contract and I'd grab Di Canio whilst available and bring a bit of passion and outside interest back down the gate. We need it.

Reality check. IMO if we were tenth in the league fie example I wouldn't expect us to get anything away to palace or Cardiff given their form so why do people expect us to win when we are bottom of the league with Carey baldock and skuse bates Taylor missing

We don't. We do expect us to try to win.

That performance sounds as bad as anything this season. Worrying.

Did you misread or something?

There are posters on here whose views on whether we will stay up or not change AFTER EVERY RESULT. That's fickle.

I don't see much funny about it but each to their own.

Of course it's fickle - we're fans, not analysts. Ask us tomorrow and we may be a bit more rational.

Archived