IGNORED

Bolasie

BounceAroundJosh

Went to the game last night and thought Bolasie looked dangerous throughout. But my point is a large section of the City fans booing him everytime he had the ball..

The guy wasn't getting game time under Millen/McInnes so he moved on. What is wrong with that?? Absolutely no need to boo him and call him all sorts of names.

Went to the game last night and thought Bolasie looked dangerous throughout. But my point is a large section of the City fans booing him everytime he had the ball..

The guy wasn't getting game time under Millen/McInnes so he moved on. What is wrong with that?? Absolutely no need to boo him and call him all sorts of names.

Not so much him, more so his agent, but the way he left us was disgraceful - partly legitimises the banter!

Mate support of a football team is supposed to be tribal, the giving of ex players abuse (especially those who did little or nothing whilst playing for us) expect it.

You can't have it both ways, there are always complaints about lack of noise and atmosphere on this forum and the adding to that by taking away part of it's tribalism will only add to dumbing down of modern day football, it will become more and more like a prayer meeting.

Looked really good in the first half and hit the bar with a quality overhead kick. Thing is he wasn't just the raw, but at times headless chicken, that he was when here, his end product and link play was great too. On the 'boo-boys' - what exactly is wrong with that? It's just part of the banter and was hardly venomous was it? Probably if you asked Bolasie he enjoyed it as well!

Looked really good in the first half and hit the bar with a quality overhead kick. Thing is he wasn't just the raw, but at times headless chicken, that he was when here, his end product and link play was great too. On the 'boo-boys' - what exactly is wrong with that? It's just part of the banter and was hardly venomous was it? Probably if you asked Bolasie he enjoyed it as well!

indeed save the self righteous indignation for the day that a true BCFC legend returns and receives abuse.

Mind you could be a long wait, especially if we go down and Yeovil get promoted.

Seriously is this a troll post?

Is this a joke? He deserved it.

Did anyone read the programme notes? He's made out that he single handedly kept up with his goal against Coventry. Quote "I wasn't given a chance at Bristol, but when I did I scored the goal that kept them up''. The guy is so far up himself it's unreal. Also said we 'regularly attacked' him on twitter. Waster

• Admin

Is this a joke? He deserved it.

Did anyone read the programme notes? He's made out that he single handedly kept up with his goal against Coventry. Quote "I wasn't given a chance at Bristol, but when I did I scored the goal that kept them up''. The guy is so far up himself it's unreal. Also said we 'regularly attacked' him on twitter. Waster

I'm with you on this one.

Bad attitude, never liked the fact that McInnes disciplined him, never recovered from that.

Part and parcel of being a footballer - when you speak out against former employers don't expect too many pats on the back

The guy wasn't getting game time under Millen/McInnes so he moved on. What is wrong

with that?? Absolutely no need to boo him and

call him all sorts of names.

+1

Mate support of a football team is supposed to be tribal, the giving of ex players abuse (especially those who did little or nothing whilst playing for us) expect it.

You can't have it both ways, there are always

complaints about lack of noise and atmosphere

on this forum and the adding to that by taking

away part of it's tribalism will only add to

dumbing down of modern day football, it will

become more and more like a prayer

meeting.

Tribalism is the excuse for those unable to operate outside of the herd.

Showed how much McIness knew. Sold one of divisions best wingers for peanuts.

The guy is up his own arse full stop. McInnes was the first manager to give him a chance and would have played him this year but he chose to go probably for more money,REMEMBER everyone said he looked promising but a bit like a headless chicken here,fair play to him for improving but a **** for slating us cause WE brought him from Plymouth and gave him a chance

I think it would of been good for our fans to cheer and applaud him every time he had the ball, thus giving him the encouragement to put a few goals past us. Then we could all go home, patting ourselves on the back and saying what good non tribal fans we are. Also knowing an ex player of ours was sending us closer to the championship trap door whilst ignoring what a bunch of mugs we just made of ourselves.

Tribalism is the excuse for those unable to operate outside of the herd.

Fine, football is becoming more and more sterile, on the field it's a become a non contact sport and a cheats paradise, where rules and regulations don't really matter anymore and off of the field it's becoming overly pc as far as fans are concerned, just pay your money smile, clap and never show any displeasure or emotion say a few prayers, sing a few hymns and be grateful that the wonderful young professional footballers who play for BCFC actually got out of their beds to come and play for us, in fact let's give them a bonus.

Why not have an entrance exam to gain entry to games, just in case the working classes try to go to games.

Was quite clear him and his agent instigated the move which was understanable as he wasn't getting the game time at city and his family were living in London. What annoyed quite a few people was his brother calling us backwards, inbreds and abusing other city fans on twitter.

Wasn't given much of a chance here and but for that goal he didn't look like he should be a regular starter so no complaints either way.

He was given stick by fans on twitter but I suppose any player moving club will get that from a minority of fans but I guess he took that as a unanimous feeling for him from the club and bit back a back.

I don't mind a bit of booing for gamesmanship if it's kept a bit panto and doesn't cross the line.

Fine, football is becoming more and more sterile, on the field it's a become a non contact sport and a cheats paradise, where rules and regulations don't really matter anymore and off of

the field it's becoming overly pc as far as fans

are concerned, just pay your money smile, clap

and never show any displeasure or emotion say

a few prayers, sing a few hymns and be

grateful that the wonderful young professional

footballers who play for BCFC actually got out of

their beds to come and play for us, in fact let's

give them a bonus.

Why not have an entrance exam to gain entry to

games, just in case the working classes try to go

to games.

Why are you incorporating a working class argument to your response? The discussion is fighting connected with football, in which you will find all classes are involved. Your inference that you cannot have passionate football without hatred or fighting begs the question - are you stuck in the past?

Football has changed - for the better. Bring on the family clubs.

As for Bolaisie - that's the way the game is now. Gone are the days of one club players like Carragher (Carey almost qualifies) - now it's take as much money you can. It would be interesting to know how many posters who castigate players for seeking improved personal and financial situations, would do the same themselves...

Si

Why are you incorporating a working class argument to your response? The discussion is fighting connected with football, in which you will find all classes are involved. Your inference that you cannot have passionate football without hatred or fighting begs the question - are you stuck in the past?

Probably for the same reason that you are bringing fighting into a discussion about booing.

Wasn't given much of a chance here and but for that goal he didn't look like he should be a regular starter so no complaints either way.

He was given stick by fans on twitter but I

suppose any player moving club will get that from a minority of fans but I guess he took that

as a unanimous feeling for him from the club

and bit back a back.

I don't mind a bit of booing for gamesmanship if

it's kept a bit panto and doesn't cross the

line.

I agree with the panto element of booing, but the 'fans' that personalise it should take a long hard look at themselves. Bolaisie was part of DM's squad ethos and it's a shame he did leave as he would have fitted our development structure.

Football has obviously changed for the better from the dark days of the 70's/80's hooliganism but it is now so bad that the atmosphere is sterile? You dont have to fight to be hostile and make AG an intimidating place, you can be boisterous and sing, chant while respecting boundaries. Thing is other than the EE, the atmosphere is usually pretty dead now.

It seems you are stuck in a little bubble where everyone should be applauding a goal scored by the opposition and everyone is nice, the fact is trouble now is pretty rare to see these days because the majority of people are not animals intent on bashing everyone. Fans will always chant at each other etc to get an atmosphere going but I would say 95% of the time after a match, everyone walks out of the ground and you can guarantee that fans on the train back to wherever will integrate and chat with opposition fans about the game etc. Me and my friends have done it many a time on the way back from away games.

I was going to write exactly the same sentiments. Away matches bring out the best and worst of supporters, and we seemed to be surrounded by the worst at Selhurst Park.

Do these 'fans' realise that by hurling mindless abuse at Bolasie they were only giving him more motivation to do well?

Two managers - Millen and McInnes - would not play him, so he was perfectly entitled to seek opportunities elsewhere, and good luck to him.

He is now part of a much better team than the one he left in Bristol and he is flourishing.

As for the match, we were not gutless as some on this forum have suggested. The team gave it their all but we lack quality in midfield, pace and decisiveness up front - two things Palace have in abundance.

Sometimes you just have to concede the better team won.

Archived