IGNORED

Is Sod The Right Man Or

reddab

We have the worst defensive record in the football league, but I would argue that a defence conceding 54 goals in League Two is considerably worse than one conceding 62 in the Championship.

How do you know that our defence wouldn't concede 62 in league 2?

So name some CB's which are available on loan which would add quality to our defence? SOD can't just magic one up at will! Sometimes you have to work with what you got. Also, yes I do think SOD is the right man 100% but he needs time to move some players on, bring his own in and drill his philosophy into them, he is very much a long term appointment and with patience we will reap the benefits in time.

has the club and owners given up on championship football, before the keyboard warriors jump on my comments i ask this question because,

1, sod came here with 20 games and 60 points to play for that was 7 weeks ago

2, we have played 7 games and got 9 points with 1 clean sheet

we have the worst defence in the whole football league 2 goals a game, we were told we could not sign c/b in the transfer window, and would have to wait until the loan window opened, well 2 weeks in and almost 8 weeks into sod,s manangement

WERE IS THE LOAN C/B OR TWO every man and his dog know we need, we will be down, no if,s or buts

other clubs down the bottom seem to be getting players on loan so why have we not been able to get somebody in, i find it totally baffaling that sod cant find one or two c/b better then we have.

:gasmask:

has the club and owners given up on championship football, before the keyboard warriors jump on my comments i ask this question because,

1, sod came here with 20 games and 60 points to play for that was 7 weeks ago

2, we have played 7 games and got 9 points with 1 clean sheet

we have the worst defence in the whole football league 2 goals a game, we were told we could not sign c/b in the transfer window, and would have to wait until the loan window opened, well 2 weeks in and almost 8 weeks into sod,s manangement

WERE IS THE LOAN C/B OR TWO every man and his dog know we need, we will be down, no if,s or buts

other clubs down the bottom seem to be getting players on loan so why have we not been able to get somebody in, i find it totally baffaling that sod cant find one or two c/b better then we have.

Beat Barnsley and it will be 12 points from 24, whats the problem?

2 clean sheets to date.

Only time will tell, iniotial impressions are favourable, but the Bournemouth fans at work describe him as negative, and that may work against us in Division 1. I get the impression that the Club is preparing for next season already, and not saddling us with high earners in case relegation happens. At least the club looks to be moving forward, with emphasis on development rather than buying mediocre players, the guys at work keep raving about some central midfielder at Yeovil, young lad called Joe Edwards....

I keep saying it; Four City managers have failed to alter/improve the spine of this team. All have had enough time, with the exception of SOD but he just drones on about getting the players to "buy into" his philosophy when even he must realise that they are not even good enough for League Two let alone the Championship.

Fontaine, Carey and Nyatanga at the back, Elliott in midfield all remain from five years ago. none haver improved in that time.

Additions in the last two years, Pearson and Kilkenny have hardly been any better.

Up front we had five strikers in November and now we have one and a half;

sold Pitman, Taylor injured long term, Davies scores goals but can't do it 90 minutes every match and Stead works hard but gets a poor return of goals. Is Baldock injured or does he just not want to play for us?

My three for relegation are now P'boro, Wolves and Huddersfield. However I get more convinced week by week that Peterboro and Barnsley will scrap their way out of trouble

I keep saying it; Four City managers have failed to alter/improve the spine of this team. All have had enough time, with the exception of SOD but he just drones on about getting the players to "buy into" his philosophy when even he must realise that they are not even good enough for League Two let alone the Championship.

Fontaine, Carey and Nyatanga at the back, Elliott in midfield all remain from five years ago. none haver improved in that time.

Additions in the last two years, Pearson and Kilkenny have hardly been any better.

Up front we had five strikers in November and now we have one and a half;

sold Pitman, Taylor injured long term, Davies scores goals but can't do it 90 minutes every match and Stead works hard but gets a poor return of goals. Is Baldock injured or does he just not want to play for us?

My three for relegation are now P'boro, Wolves and Huddersfield. However I get more convinced week by week that Peterboro and Barnsley will scrap their way out of trouble

Please enlighten me as to what good the manager coming out and telling the media and/or the players themselves that he shares your (incorrect) view that the players are 'not good enough for League 2'?

Gary Johnson (correctly) decided to take the route of quite publicly criticising the players in his first couple of months here, but at the time we had a squad that in reality would never get relegated from that division, we had plenty of time left in the season and we were in a position that as a club we would always be able to attract good players at that level to come and replace the underperforming ones we had. Compare that to our current position where we only have thirteen games left, a squad full of players that are apparently not good enough for League 2 and neither the opportunity to bring in players that will improve us or the belief that we could attract such players.

As it is we have 13 games to try and get somewhere around 21 points and I would say our best chance of achieving these 21 points is with a united dressing room fighting for every ball in order to make up for the limited talent in certain areas.

If I was a player in the dressing room I would be more likely to fight for these 21 points under a manager that apparently 'drones on about getting the players to buy into his philosophy' than I would a manager that told me or the media I wasn't good enough for League 2 and he will be trying to get rid of me as soon as the final whistle is blown at The Valley.

Please enlighten me as to what good the manager coming out and telling the media and/or the players themselves that he shares your (incorrect) view that the players are 'not good enough for League 2'?

Gary Johnson (correctly) decided to take the route of quite publicly criticising the players in his first couple of months here, but at the time we had a squad that in reality would never get relegated from that division, we had plenty of time left in the season and we were in a position that as a club we would always be able to attract good players at that level to come and replace the underperforming ones we had. Compare that to our current position where we only have thirteen games left, a squad full of players that are apparently not good enough for League 2 and neither the opportunity to bring in players that will improve us or the belief that we could attract such players.

As it is we have 13 games to try and get somewhere around 21 points and I would say our best chance of achieving these 21 points is with a united dressing room fighting for every ball in order to make up for the limited talent in certain areas.

If I was a player in the dressing room I would be more likely to fight for these 21 points under a manager that apparently 'drones on about getting the players to buy into his philosophy' than I would a manager that told me or the media I wasn't good enough for League 2 and he will be trying to get rid of me as soon as the final whistle is blown at The Valley.

I'm not saying he should criticise the players, but I wish he would come out and say something on the lines of... ' look we've got these group of players to get us out of this mess, some of these players may not have a long term future at this club but it's up to them to show their worth for the shirt by putting in the performances each week ' etc.

I understand he's got his philosophy but he must know that most of the these players are not good enough.

I'm not saying he should criticise the players, but I wish he would come out and say something on the lines of... ' look we've got these group of players to get us out of this mess, some of these players may not have a long term future at this club but it's up to them to show their worth for the shirt by putting in the performances each week ' etc.

I understand he's got his philosophy but he must know that most of the these players are not good enough.

Unbelievable.

I suggest you don't go into any line of work that involves motivating anyone who works for you.

Unbelievable.

I suggest you don't go into any line of work that involves motivating anyone who works for you.

Get off yer high horse. That's just my opinion, we roughly have 12,000 people turn up each week to watch City and I doubt we all share the same opinion.

I despair at some of the stuff I read on here. He's been here 7 games, accumulated 9 points from a tough set of fixtures with a poor set of players. Who next then, Nigel Adkins? Arsene Wenger?

Under McInnes we'd almost already be relegated, S'OD has given us a fighting chance and got the team organised. What more can you realistically expect? We're relegation fodder, we have been ALL SEASON. The players are not good enough, that is the bottom line.

Given that 90% of professional sport is played in the head and confidence is the special ingredient that can see mere mortals appear as if they are superheroes I have to question the psychological impact that telling the players that they aren't good enough or won't be staying here will have on them.

Bearing in mind that O'Driscoll made a great deal of the fact that the Cardiff and Palace games hadn't 'broken our spirit' and that they are 'still fighting' I fail to see what sense there would be in coming out and undoing this himself by letting everyone know how limited he thinks our players are.

This

Given that 90% of professional sport is played in the head and confidence is the special ingredient that can see mere mortals appear as if they are superheroes I have to question the psychological impact that telling the players that they aren't good enough or won't be staying here will have on them.

Bearing in mind that O'Driscoll made a great deal of the fact that the Cardiff and Palace games hadn't 'broken our spirit' and that they are 'still fighting' I fail to see what sense there would be in coming out and undoing this himself by letting everyone know how limited he thinks our players are.

I understand and agree with that, but it aint working is it ?

brilliant.

"Listen lads I think you are all crap and some of the worst players I have ever tried to coach, especially you Liam. None of you lot are going to have your contracts renewed at the end of the season because you are dreadful footballers but I don't want a relegation on my CV so how about putting in 110% til the end of the season to help me out eh lads? whatdya say?!"

This forum can be an absolute joke sometimes and judging from some of the posts I'd hazard a guess that some of you either weren't around or weren't old enough to care when City have been relegated before.

It's not SO'D's fault we're in this mess. I was pretty sure we'd go down when we were in the middle of that losing streak under Del Boy and although SO'D has yet to pick up a point away from home, I'd still say that wins over Watford and Forest show he's the right man for the job, even if the job has changed to getting us out of League 1 at the earliest opportunity.

If we'd gone down under McInnes there's no way I'd have renewed my ST (there are economic reasons for that too before I get accused of being a glory hunter) - if we go down under SO'D I'm about 60% certain that I'll renew.

This

I understand and agree with that, but it aint working is it ?

There is no sure fire way of keeping this group of players in this division, but I would say there is much better chance of doing it using O'Driscoll's method rather than the one Lew-T is proposing.

I would also say that we have improved greatly since SO'D has taken over and could have easily taken points at Elland Road and Ewood Park as well as the three home wins. The last two I will grant you we have been soundly beaten by much better teams.

:gasmask:

**** off

why asume somebody who has got a different point of view is a sag, i only asked a ??, i have supported city since 1959 as a 5 yr old boy, good and bad times, just because i dont rate sod, time will tell, i am not suggesting we sack him, the point of this post is, was sod or the club moving quick enough to shore up our defence, i still want bcfc to be in the championship next season,

Bit of both I would say, no point in lying to players that they are top players and performed well when weve just got totally outplayed for 90mins away from home. A good bollocking and a dose of realism wouldn't do them any harm.

By all accounts he gave the players just that for their performance in the last half hour of the Blackburn game.

We don't actually know what he said to the players after the two recent games, but obviously decided the best route to take through the media after being beaten comfortably by two teams much better than our own was to build up the performances rather than to highlight just how far we are off teams such as Cardiff and Palace. I agree with this and don't know what good what come from saying 'look at their players and look at ours, they're much better than us and we were always going to lose these games'.

Archived