IGNORED

Is Sod The Right Man Or

reddab

This forum can be an absolute joke sometimes and judging from some of the posts I'd hazard a guess that some of you either weren't around or weren't old enough to care when City have been relegated before.

It's not SO'D's fault we're in this mess. I was pretty sure we'd go down when we were in the middle of that losing streak under Del Boy and although SO'D has yet to pick up a point away from home, I'd still say that wins over Watford and Forest show he's the right man for the job, even if the job has changed to getting us out of League 1 at the earliest opportunity.

If we'd gone down under McInnes there's no way I'd have renewed my ST (there are economic reasons for that too before I get accused of being a glory hunter) - if we go down under SO'D I'm about 60% certain that I'll renew.

So you're blaming McInnes for the mess we are in?? Bit shortighted in all honesty. The clubs was in a state long before he took over and it would take a 'miracle man' to drag us out of' this situation..

So you're blaming McInnes for the mess we are in?? Bit shortighted in all honesty. The clubs was in a state long before he took over and it would take a 'miracle man' to drag us out of' this situation..

McInnes, Millen Johnson and the board are to blame. O'Driscoll has inherited their failures. None of the current mess is down to O'Driscoll.

I agree with you, just dont think 1 man can be blamed but I keep reading on here from some our plight was solely down to McInnes.

No doubt he failed to strengthen adequately last summer as did Millen the summer before him. That said how much of the failure to sign some quality was down to the board wanting to do things on the cheap?

The root of of current decline stems back to the season after the play-off final. Johnson failed to capitalise on the momentum and strengthen by signing better players and that ultimately cost us.

No doubt he failed to strengthen adequately last summer as did Millen the summer before him. That said how much of the failure to sign some quality was down to the board wanting to do things on the cheap?

The root of of current decline stems back to the season after the play-off final. Johnson failed to capitalise on the momentum and strengthen by signing better players and that ultimately cost us.

Maybe not on the cheap originally but just more squandering an frivoulous spending with Johnno, Copout and even Millen to an extent has kinda forced their own hand to to tighten up and do things on the cheap.. also this couldve been another reason why McInnes couldnt bring in a CB is because of slashing the bill and wage constraints.

Absolutely agree, we didnt push on. Not saying promotion the season after but try and strengthen into a perfectly competent top half Championship club.

A few brief points, McInness did bring in centre backs, all be it not on a permanent basis. I don't think money was totally the reason as didn't SoD send Macmanus back almost as soon as he took charge as he was too expensive. Maybe we aren't that attractive to some, struggled last season and fighting relegation just about all this season.

Johnson was quoted saying he wanted to be loyal to he players who almost got promoted to he Prem. I guess he thought they would be hungry and just as loyal to him. Obviously it didn't work but teams like Blackpool who seemed 'tight knit' and relatively cheap in their promotion season is what I think we were trying to achieve.

As for SoD handling the players after the Cardiff/Palace games, I hope he maybe pointed out that with a bit of effort Bcfc could be like either of those teams,they aren't that special

A few brief points, McInness did bring in centre backs, all be it not on a permanent basis. I don't think money was totally the reason as didn't SoD send Macmanus back almost as soon as he took charge as he was too expensive. Maybe we aren't that attractive to some, struggled last season and fighting relegation just about all this season.

Johnson was quoted saying he wanted to be loyal to he players who almost got promoted to he Prem. I guess he thought they would be hungry and just as loyal to him. Obviously it didn't work but teams like Blackpool who seemed 'tight knit' and relatively cheap in their promotion season is what I think we were trying to achieve.

As for SoD handling the players after the Cardiff/Palace games, I hope he maybe pointed out that with a bit of effort Bcfc could be like either of those teams,they aren't that special

Great post. Indeed, maybe this club isn't now attractive to the better Championship standard players. I think SOD is the better bet than Del and Doc but Del and Doc inherited the same problems that SOD now has - a playing squad struggling to stay in the Championship. SOD has got off to a great home start but it is/was the honeymoon period.

McInnes, Millen Johnson and the board are to blame. O'Driscoll has inherited their failures. None of the current mess is down to O'Driscoll.

The same could be said of Del,Millen they had prev managers players to deal with. Although Dels players couldnt of been that bad as SODS doing alright with them, must be said though he made a mistake by changing things yesterday a mistake which yet may cost us dear. That cant be blamed on others.

We also seem to be doing the high ball thing now.

We are still in the honeymoon period as with other new managers brought in here, that may change by this time next year.

has the club and owners given up on championship football, before the keyboard warriors jump on my comments i ask this question because,

1, sod came here with 20 games and 60 points to play for that was 7 weeks ago

2, we have played 7 games and got 9 points with 1 clean sheet

we have the worst defence in the whole football league 2 goals a game, we were told we could not sign c/b in the transfer window, and would have to wait until the loan window opened, well 2 weeks in and almost 8 weeks into sod,s manangement

WERE IS THE LOAN C/B OR TWO every man and his dog know we need, we will be down, no if,s or buts

other clubs down the bottom seem to be getting players on loan so why have we not been able to get somebody in, i find it totally baffaling that sod cant find one or two c/b better then we have.

Regardless of whether or not we need centre halfs (which I think we do) the first thing he has done is improve those that we have, we have suddenly become alot more solid team as a whole, the mass batterings we have taken have stopped over night, agreed the away form needs to be improved but the 100% record at home is a massive improvement.

One step at a time, however feel alot more confident about staying up than at Xmas

SOD is in the best possible position as a manager. If he keeps us up, due to the fact that a number of players are out of contract, he can re-shape the team how he want with regards to new players. Also, still being in the championship starting from next season with him as manager I'm sure would allow us to attract better players as there is no immediate threat of relegation.

On the other hand, if we go down, we can instantly get rid of high wage players for nothing as most are out of contract allowing sod to build a competitive team of his own. It would also allow us a chance to use some of the promising talent from our youth setup. This would increase their value and allow us to do a Southampton and hopefully come back up with some valuable players. If we went down, I also believe that the core of our team like baldock, Cunningham, Kelly, davies and Anderson would stay as firstly they are on longer contracts and secondly, they will have enjoyed playing under SOD. This would hugely increase our chance of coming straight back up.

Either way, the future looks bright for us. I for one am pleased we have the right man in charge and the club are moving forward with the right strategy. If it means going down for one season to benefit is in the long term then so be it

Archived