IGNORED

Is Sod The Right Man Or

reddab

has the club and owners given up on championship football, before the keyboard warriors jump on my comments i ask this question because,

1, sod came here with 20 games and 60 points to play for that was 7 weeks ago

2, we have played 7 games and got 9 points with 1 clean sheet

we have the worst defence in the whole football league 2 goals a game, we were told we could not sign c/b in the transfer window, and would have to wait until the loan window opened, well 2 weeks in and almost 8 weeks into sod,s manangement

WERE IS THE LOAN C/B OR TWO every man and his dog know we need, we will be down, no if,s or buts

other clubs down the bottom seem to be getting players on loan so why have we not been able to get somebody in, i find it totally baffaling that sod cant find one or two c/b better then we have.

Once again a new man comes in and has to deal with other managers players. SOD is no different to any other manager , in that he will need time to make his mark on the squad. Whether he gets that time , from fans and board alike , is another matter.

In fairness , we do look a lot more organised , but he still has the same old squad to pick from. We would all like to see a CB or 2 but I think the board have put up the 'position closed' signs when it comes to dishing out money.

SOD would not have been my first choice as manager (sorry Head Coach!) , but I wish him all the luck in the world , he's going to need it.

He should be a good fit for this club, but if you consider only the short term I wonder if it is right man wrong time (if we ignore the long term and look only to staying up I think a more animated chap may have had more of a chance of getting instant results and polishing a ....).

One thing that did concern me is that in the most previous two away games the same mistake in the way we set up was made, and persisted with until defeat was inevitable. I also very much so disagree with his comments such as (paraphrase) "at least we weren't thumped" when we were all but by the score.

The same as always his past is exactly that and he comes in with a clean slate. Thus far he has done okay with a bad bunch, although he has made errors.

Things are far from perfect right now, but we are in good hands whether we stay up or go down.

I was talking to my Wolves mate, and I know who I would rather have at the helm. And my mate agreed.

SoD is the future, and given time he will fix the problems. You only have to hear an interview with him, to know those players have to buy into his methods. He challenges them daily to produce. I am struggling to find a more off the cuff manager apart from Cloughie. He is definitely different in the way he deals with the players. He made them train on a Saturday morning before a game. That is unheard of.

Things take time and he has a mammoth job in keeping us up.

Keep the faith.

Stevo

has the club and owners given up on championship football, before the keyboard warriors jump on my comments i ask this question because,

we have the worst defence in the whole football league 2 goals a game, we were told we could not sign c/b in the transfer window, and would have to wait until the loan window opened, well 2 weeks in and almost 8 weeks into sod,s manangement

WERE IS THE LOAN C/B OR TWO every man and his dog know we need, we will be down, no if,s or buts

other clubs down the bottom seem to be getting players on loan so why have we not been able to get somebody in, i find it totally baffaling that sod cant find one or two c/b better then we have.

CLOWN !

Once again a new man comes in and has to deal with other managers players. SOD is no different to any other manager , in that he will need time to make his mark on the squad. Whether he gets that time , from fans and board alike , is another matter.

In fairness , we do look a lot more organised , but he still has the same old squad to pick from. We would all like to see a CB or 2 but I think the board have put up the 'position closed' signs when it comes to dishing out money.

SOD would not have been my first choice as manager (sorry Head Coach!) , but I wish him all the luck in the world , he's going to need it.

Yes and lets just hope and prey the majority of them won't be here next season.

When its time I will buy the "SODOUT.COM" but I can assure you that wont be for a very long time, the guy knows we may and prob will go down, he knew that when he came here, and I amongst lots of others think he is the right long term man for the job !

Someone on here the other day stated that his win ratio with us is similar to what it was with Nottingham forest and with Hollowhead at Palarse. If that is the case then surely he is the correct man long term. If he was with us from the start of the season and kept that percentage then we should be around the playoffs...

Sure the away form leaves something to be desired but since SOD has come in we have conceded 1 goal in 3 home games. Who would have imagined that at Christmas?

In the same period of time we have taken 9 points from 7 games, Sure it's not outstanding but we are bottom for a reason and of those 7 games 6 of the teams we have played are in the top half and 3 of those in the top 4.

So in answer to your question: Yes I think SOD is the right man in the long term.

And I believe that there is a (small) chance he could still get us out of this mess this season.

COYR!!!

When its time I will buy the "SODOUT.COM" but I can assure you that wont be for a very long time, the guy knows we may and prob will go down, he knew that when he came here, and I amongst lots of others think he is the right long term man for the job !

Surely SODOFF.COM would be better. Not that I think you'll ever need to purchase it mind.

2, we have played 7 games and got 9 points with 1 clean sheet - that's wrong, we've kept two clean sheets in a row at home

we have the worst defence in the whole football league 2 goals a game, we were told we could not sign c/b in the transfer window [this is wrong, we weren't told that. McFazdean was ill and O'Driscoll didn't want to bring in someone 'for the sake of it'.] , and would have to wait until the loan window opened, well 2 weeks in and almost 8 weeks into sod,s manangement

WERE IS THE LOAN C/B OR TWO every man and his dog know we need, we will be down, no if,s or buts [We're in talks with Matthew Bates still AND he brought in Brian Howard]

Those issues aside, whilst I wanted someone other than O'Driscoll appointed, long-term I think he's the right option. He knows how to work on a tight budget and, in the case of us dropping down to league one, he has plenty of experience in that league - hopefully in order for us to make a quick return to the Championship!

We look a lot more organised under him, that's clear to see - however, as Mr Riley pointed out, he has the same bunch of only knickers to pick from.

Yes he is the right man but he's not harry houdini unfortunately. We probably will be relegated this time, but I think he will get us back within two seasons, given patience from everyone involved, a bit of investment and time. Next season will be a re-building season as some of our current squad will not want to play League 1 football. The good thing about SOD is that he is a proven manager at this level, unlike Derek. We'll be fine, it will just be a pain in the arse to have to put up with gloating from the losers in blue.

I wouldn't worry about those inbreds. They can't say alot playing in the bottom tier!

Anyway they should be careful on what they wish for as if we are playing in L1 next season which is looking

very likely, I'm hopeful that we'll be one of the better sides, and will win a lot more than we lose.

Come 5pm on a Saturday evening when we've won, the sags are going to be gutted, and even though they might try and

tell themselves that it doesn't matter due to us being in L1, in the end the division is irrelevant, a win is a win. :)

Give the man a chance the away form has been worse than crap all season sub-standard players will produce sub-standard performances. We have to be among the 3 worse teams in the Championship the Palace game sounded like the Cardiff City game which sounded like both Blackburn Rovers matches which sounded like the Leeds Utd game.

I've seen 1 away match at Huddersfield which was worse than dire SOD NEEDS TIME

SoD could keep us up, but not with the currant squad, if we are all honest they are just not good enough.

We are reaping the rewards of loyalty, keeping some players who should have moved on years ago, since the heady days of the Wembley playoff we have gone backwards every season until we are where we are.

I don't think G O D could get us out of this one!!

The one constant over the last couple of years of struggle is the players. SOD can organise and drill them better, which I reckon he has, but at the end of the day they're the same players. He's proven that he can work wonders with a budget, and over the long term I hope for bright things with him leading us.

Also what is the point of bringing just another CB that can't improve us? Maybe there are no quality ones available. Loaning in rubbish hasn't done us any good the last couple of years has it? Bet in the transfer windows you're one of those begging for money to be spent here there and everywhere regardless of the consequences.

The fact is we have a team full of players who aren't good enough. We brought in McInnes, a man with a huge amount of potential as a manager. However as we all know this was a risk which didnt pay off, and in hindsight we should have brought in a proven manager with experience such as SOD when we got Del.

Looking back we should have sacked Del a month or so earlier, as he didn't have the experience or know how to get us out of a tough, highly pressurised situation.

The bunch of wasters known as our players still remains the same, and if we go down (which is looking highly probable) I'm looking forward to how we look with SOD in charge come August.

He has been brought in to start a long term project whatever our division next year..as regards why have we waited so very long for a c/b-can only say that's a mystery!..SOD will have a massive clear out and it's badly needed.I'm sure he will sort out the c/b situation and is aware of what it will take to move us forwards..along with those that jump overboard and those that are pushed if we go down we may be watching a very different side a year from now.

Yes I think he will just save us from relegation, a couple of loanee's at CB would settle the nerves a bit. Our away form is poor but our home form since he came 100% just waiting for it to dawn on him Tanglefoot and Fontaine are not league two standard let alone championship. So anyone on loan would be an improvement.

Once he realises not to play defensive with either of those two in the team then we can improve and go out for a 0-0 draw away.

Archived