IGNORED

Smoke Flares

Cider-Head23

There seems to be a lot of them at games lately. I like them, and they definitely add to the atmosphere. I read somewhere online that a Chelsea fan got caught trying to take one in to the ground at Swansea; he got jail (can't remember how long for) and a 6 year banning order I think.

think there's been a few sentences handed down recently for flares, outrageous I reckon, another nail in football's coffin frankly.

Fireworks etc

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he has an article or substance to which this section applies in his possession—
(a)at any time during the period of a designated sporting event when he is in any area of a designated sports ground from which the event may be directly viewed, or
(b)while entering or trying to enter a designated sports ground at any time during the period of a designated sporting event at the ground.
(2)It is a defence for the accused to prove that he had possession with lawful authority.
(3)This section applies to any article or substance whose main purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling (as opposed to igniting or heating) or the emission of smoke or a visible gas; and in particular it applies to distress flares, fog signals, and pellets and capsules intended to be used as fumigators or for testing pipes, but not to matches, cigarette lighters or heaters.
(4)This section also applies to any article which is a firework.]

strange isn't it - they did not even set them off, and got a month in jail just for possesing smoke bombs - kids with knives get cautioned, and even people involved in abh/gbh can get a non custodial sentence - just goes to show the judiciary still hate football fans, treating them like they are 6th class citizens.

Archived