IGNORED

Gareth Bale

Brizzle Jordan

I just don't think foreign leagues will improve his game. He is used to playing at a high tempo, you just don't get that in La Liga. Everything is at slow pace.

Saying that though, he would be better off going abroad if he wanted to win trophies. I think Bayern would be a good move for him if he ever left England.

Real Madrid will be his next club. Barcelona couldn't afford him and his idol is Ronaldo so for him to play with him would be a dream for him.

Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao, Khedira, Alonso, Ozil, Bale, Ronaldo, Higuain. Lovely jubbly.

They say given enough time, chimps could write the works of shakespeare. Looks like instead of hitting the books, the buggers have been playing football.

Hahahaha, excellent.

I would prefer Bale to stay in the premier league, rather he went to United than Real or Barca.

I just don't think foreign leagues will improve his game. He is used to playing at a high tempo, you just don't get that in La Liga. Everything is at slow pace.

Saying that though, he would be better off going abroad if he wanted to win trophies. I think Bayern would be a good move for him if he ever left England.

Yes he is used to playing at a high tempo

As you say everything else is at a slow pace

This includes international football

So to improve his alround game he should learn that style of football too

Real Madrid will be his next club. Barcelona couldn't afford him and his idol is Ronaldo so for him to play with him would be a dream for him.

Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao, Khedira, Alonso, Ozil, Bale, Ronaldo, Higuain. Lovely jubbly.

I find it very sad when a grown man has an "idol" End of the day Ronaldo is just another adult who does the same job as bale does

Nope, he needs to learn to play elsewhere and improve his technique. Yes he suits english football. But surely he wants to improve his all round game? And test himself elsewhere? After all he is never going to prove his worth in the international game.

If he can go that at a top European club, he can prove what a good player he can become.

I just wish more English players would move abroad. we may actually get a team that could compete better at international level.

Agree with this. We were saying the same with regards to Rooney and how he should spend a few seasons abroad to improve his technique. I think Real would actually suit his style. They look great on the counter attack at times and playing in la liga would undoubtedly improve the technical side of his game. Look at C.Ronaldo after a few seasons he eventually setteld into the style of the English game, moved to Madrid and continued in the same vein but has improved himself all the time since being there. Bale and Ronaldo have some similar attributes. Pace, strength, power, great shooting ability, free kicks. Therefore I think a move to Spain wouldn't be such a bad idea for him. Ps Wouldn't be shocked to see Ronaldo back at Old Trafford next season.

Really hope our youth progression can step up to the kind of level that Southampton's has been doing the last few years.

Walcott, Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain and now Luke Shaw and James Ward-Prowse.

They have a seriously good scouting network. No doubt they spot our really talented locally based kids before we do. Ps. Add Lallana to the list.

Nope, he needs to learn to play elsewhere and improve his technique. Yes he suits english football. But surely he wants to improve his all round game? And test himself elsewhere? After all he is never going to prove his worth in the international game.

If he can go that at a top European club, he can prove what a good player he can become.

I just wish more English players would move abroad. we may actually get a team that could compete better at international level.

So should Messi be looking for a move out of Spain to improve?

Maybe messi should go to another team, at Barcelona there team is built around him. I think to prove he's really world class he should move teams. Not done a lot for Argentina on world stage, just think a move would prove how great he really is.

Ronaldo done it for man utd and Real Madrid now, and also last euros proved his worth for Portugal.

They have a seriously good scouting network. No doubt they spot our really talented locally based kids before we do. Ps. Add Lallana to the list.

And if their Development Centre at Bath gets the full Level 1 Academy Status they are applying for then that will probably guarantee them the best lads in the Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset areas too. Our sheep worrying friends over the bridge already get relatively unchallenged access to the talent that exists in North Somerset at the moment and this will make things even tougher for City in terms of recruitment if it goes through.

Messi has got all the technique going.

But a move to the premiership (it won't happen though) would help his fitness and stamina, and enable him to learn how to play at a high tempo.

To be the best player you can, you should experience everything football has to offer, so yes, for him to improve, another style of football may well be beneficial to him.

I can guarantee, the hustle bustle and non stop running that C Ronaldo experienced helped him no end when he went to Mardid, tempered with his technique, I would say he is now probably the most complete attacking player in the world. Messi is awsome, but has the team built around him, Ronaldo is matching him game for game in a team that is not built around him.

I think Messi moving to Germany or the Premiership would almost complete his footballing education... I don't think he will eer leave Barcalona, and if he did it would be to go home and play in Argentina.

He's Welsh, not English.

only problem with that is Ronaldo is want away and rumours are that United may be looking to bring him back to the Prem. I can't see Bale moving to play with one player who is always complaining about the club he plays for. Bale is smart, of he goes to Madrid it will be for good reasons, not for a single player.

Messi has got all the technique going.

But a move to the premiership (it won't happen though) would help his fitness and stamina, and enable him to learn how to play at a high tempo.

To be the best player you can, you should experience everything football has to offer, so yes, for him to improve, another style of football may well be beneficial to him.

I can guarantee, the hustle bustle and non stop running that C Ronaldo experienced helped him no end when he went to Mardid, tempered with his technique, I would say he is now probably the most complete attacking player in the world. Messi is awsome, but has the team built around him, Ronaldo is matching him game for game in a team that is not built around him.

I think Messi moving to Germany or the Premiership would almost complete his footballing education... I don't think he will eer leave Barcalona, and if he did it would be to go home and play in Argentina.

The only thing Messi would get from coming to this League is a career ending injury from thugs like Wilkinson Huth and co.

He's Welsh, not English.

only problem with that is Ronaldo is want away and rumours are that United may be looking to bring him back to the Prem. I can't see Bale moving to play with one player who is always complaining about the club he plays for. Bale is smart, of he goes to Madrid it will be for good reasons, not for a single player.

I know that, I was expressing an opinion that I would like to see English players move abroad. Hence why it was at the end of the post, not refereing to Bale in anyway. I think my opinion about his international career in the first sentance may have given that away!

You trying to try and score some cheap points for some reason?, What are these points going towards? :)

Being English, I know Bale is Welsh, but thanks for pointing it out for others who may not know!

The only thing Messi would get from coming to this League is a career ending injury from thugs like Wilkinson Huth and co.

But if he's that good he'd avoid all challenges of the sort alas George Best, (Jonny Walker and Ron Bacardi saw off his career), Ryan Giggs, Suarez, Bale and C.Ronaldo. They survived/surving the thuggery of the English game. Pretty sure La Liga have some dirty bar stewards of their own mind.

He's proved he can handle anything thrown at him, there are centre halfs harder than Stoke have who play in La Liga and in International football.

Messi is so good that these players aren't able to stifle him.

Messi is far and away the best talent on the planet, it's amazing how some on here ( not you by the way) can't see it.

As for the comment that Real Madrid haven't built a team around Ronaldo, they have. There game and tactics are built on counter attacking, and Ronaldo is the reason for that.

I know that, I was expressing an opinion that I would like to see English players move abroad. Hence why it was at the end of the post, not refereing to Bale in anyway. I think my opinion about his international career in the first sentance may have given that away!

You trying to try and score some cheap points for some reason?, What are these points going towards? :)

Being English, I know Bale is Welsh, but thanks for pointing it out for others who may not know!

Score points? Jesus conspiracies at breakfast... brilliant.

Archived