IGNORED

Cardiff's Annual Choke...

monkeygoblin

4 points from the last 4

2 wins in the last 6 (including that over us)....

It's not exactly time to start throwing their little red-dragon panties at Tom Jones quite yet.

6 points ahead of 3rd place, albeit with a game in hand. A strong position.... so will they choke?

I keep all things crossed accordingly.

I think they will choke their way to the Prem as the other teams fail to capitalize! i think Hull would be right up with them if they didn't get tanked by Bolton and Palace, but they did :huh: and i must say, i really can't stand any of the sides up near the top other than Brighton, despite their abject performance last night, so here's hoping they get to the Prem.

Really can't see them blowing it.Strangely I don't care if they go up because I really don't envy them.Home games in the Prem with most of the "home" fans cheering for Man Utd,Liverpool etc.I wouldn't change places with them .

There is next to no chance they don't go up this year. They're too far clear already.

as one poster has already said, its the performances which suggest a bigger problem, and if Watford and Hull had maximised over recent weeks then already the gap would have evaporated.

Also if you look at the remaining games, away to Watford away to Hull among them i forecast a max 88 points.

In previous years that would be enough.

With Watford and palace on a charge, this year 90+ may be needed to guarantee promotion and there still is

that last day of the season match at Hull, if Hull are within 3 points.... where would your money be ?.

They are a very nervous and fragile team at the moment and the crowd are feeling it, hence why an otherwise perfect home record is deteriorating in recent weeks.

the crowd at Cardiff can vbe very fickle

I don't see Leicester in it, its two from 4 for automatic... Cardiff and Watford my favourites still, with Palace to finish 3rd and Hull 4th, i fancy Brighton 5th and Forest will be the team on a charge and Billy Davies might pull of a miracle and win the play off's.

Sorry Leicester too inconsistent

one last point, what we do know is that if its goes to play offs for Cardiff, they will be as good as doomed to another year in the Championship.

as one poster has already said, its the performances which suggest a bigger problem, and if Watford and Hull had maximised over recent weeks then already the gap would have evaporated.

Also if you look at the remaining games, away to Watford away to Hull among them i forecast a max 88 points.

In previous years that would be enough.

With Watford and palace on a charge, this year 90+ may be needed to guarantee promotion and there still is

that last day of the season match at Hull, if Hull are within 3 points.... where would your money be ?.

They are a very nervous and fragile team at the moment and the crowd are feeling it, hence why an otherwise perfect home record is deteriorating in recent weeks.

the crowd at Cardiff can vbe very fickle

I don't see Leicester in it, its two from 4 for automatic... Cardiff and Watford my favourites still, with Palace to finish 3rd and Hull 4th, i fancy Brighton 5th and Forest will be the team on a charge and Billy Davies might pull of a miracle and win the play off's.

Sorry Leicester too inconsistent

one last point, what we do know is that if its goes to play offs for Cardiff, they will be as good as doomed to another year in the Championship.

Fantastic post .giving us a real insight to the Cardiff dressing room,regarding how nervous and fragile they are. You also must have been to many games to tell us the feeling of the fans at the ground which is a real eye opener for us.Keep us updated with more insider knowlege .

Fantastic post .giving us a real insight to the Cardiff dressing room,regarding how nervous and fragile they are. You also must have been to many games to tell us the feeling of the fans at the ground which is a real eye opener for us.Keep us updated with more insider knowlege .

Anda tidak Cardiff apa-apa lagi

Why are you still here?

Not sure how sarcastic or patronising your remark was meant to be, however having played football myself for 22 years and living within a few miles of Ninian park for most of it, every time i played or i have watched the bluebirds as they used to be called play....,they tend to play on the pitch in public and not the dressing room.

Therefore one quickly discovers that insider information is not required to draw a conclusion on ones general state of fragility, its very much there and very open to see for everybody.

As it happens this season i have been to the Peterboro game, the Bristol City Game, the Palace game and the Hull Game.

Were you there ? My son is is a fanatic season ticket holder and talks honestly about their performances as well.

So my opinions are based on my own conclusions and many many Cardiff contacts and fans, and shared openly and honestly on a public forum, not based on any insider knowledge

If on the other hand your comments were meant be serious i hope my answers are equally appropriate.

As my cardiff supporting colleague always says, whenever I mention their imminent promotion - 'this is cardiff we're talking about here'.

And he's right of course. I suppose they're similar to city in some respects; but of a complex regarding success, never really completely believe in themselves. That complex will eventually filter it's way down through the club, to the players by the end of the season.

I still like to reminisce about the season they were poised to go up automatically, then went on that late disastrous run. Think they something like seven points clear of 7th place with four games to go, yet went into the last game of the season just needing to avoid defeat by six goals - then lost 6-0!! (might've been four actually, maybe my memory has made it even more beautiful) but it was priceless all the same. So although I still fully expect them to take it this time, I would never put it past them.

If they do choke again, they might as well give up, and go sulk in league one where they belong for a decade or two.

Not sure how sarcastic or patronising your remark was meant to be, however having played football myself for 22 years and living within a few miles of Ninian park for most of it, every time i played or i have watched the bluebirds as they used to be called play....,they tend to play on the pitch in public and not the dressing room.

Therefore one quickly discovers that insider information is not required to draw a conclusion on ones general state of fragility, its very much there and very open to see for everybody.

As it happens this season i have been to the Peterboro game, the Bristol City Game, the Palace game and the Hull Game.

Were you there ? My son is is a fanatic season ticket holder and talks honestly about their performances as well.

So my opinions are based on my own conclusions and many many Cardiff contacts and fans, and shared openly and honestly on a public forum, not based on any insider knowledge

If on the other hand your comments were meant be serious i hope my answers are equally appropriate .

I believe the correct expression is "rinsed"? Thank you djb6162!

As my cardiff supporting colleague always says, whenever I mention their imminent promotion - 'this is cardiff we're talking about here'.

And he's right of course. I suppose they're similar to city in some respects; but of a complex regarding success, never really completely believe in themselves. That complex will eventually filter it's way down through the club, to the players by the end of the season.

I still like to reminisce about the season they were poised to go up automatically, then went on that late disastrous run. Think they something like seven points clear of 7th place with four games to go, yet went into the last game of the season just needing to avoid defeat by six goals - then lost 6-0!! (might've been four actually, maybe my memory has made it even more beautiful) but it was priceless all the same. So although I still fully expect them to take it this time, I would never put it past them.

If they do choke again, they might as well give up, and go sulk in league one where they belong for a decade or two.

Remember it well. Good post.

Recollections of that year when Gas were inside the autos for promo from Div 3 for most of the season and ended up finishing outside the pray offs on the final game

of the season. Heartbreaking really . :sunwon:

You're a red dragons fan right?

Archived