IGNORED

Cardiff's Annual Choke...

monkeygoblin

Fantastic post .giving us a real insight to the Cardiff dressing room,regarding how nervous and fragile they are. You also must have been to many games to tell us the feeling of the fans at the ground which is a real eye opener for us.Keep us updated with more insider knowlege .

I can see tears just starting to develop in your

eyes, it's nearly time for the annual Cardiff cry ;)

In terms of performance during recent games, we played very well against BHA and lost. If that game was played again 100 times we would have won 99 of them by 2-3 goals.

We beat Wolves of course so i assume you don't want to take that one into account? In case you do, we played superbly for the first half, as well as we have all season.

We played poorly first half v Boro and played quite well second half and were the better team.

Again, against Derby we played very poorly first half but were the better team second half.

Both of the latter two games we could quite conceivably have won, although it would have been unfair on Derby. With Hudson - who we are certainly missing as a steadying inlfuence at the back - and Bellamy back in the next game or two I can't see any problem getting the points we need. We are, in case anyone needs reminding, five points clear with a game in hand. We've got 11 games left to play, six of them at home. Also, some people in this thread have given the impression that our rivals are steaming ahead, but nothing could be further from the truth.

The last two games have been frustrating, but that's all they've been. Sorry :)

some fair points here and i dont disagree with the fact that Cardiff will probably get the points they need and i said as much in my post

however you are wrong in one aspect when you talk about your rivals not steaming ahead.

They dont have steam ahead,.... not on Cardiff's current form, they simply need to hunt Cardiff down, and on the below form guide, they have a great chance of doing so.

The form guide doesn't make as clear reading as you might want it to (based on last 6 games )

Watford Top

Brighton 2nd

Forest 4th

Palace 5th

Hull 6th

Cardiff 12th (PS Bristol City 10th by the way) so even the bottom club has better form (albeit on GD) i would argue that at least two if not three of those sides are challenging for Automatic promotion.

And that is what i believe this debate is all about, forget the play offs, if that happens then i honestly believe Cardiff will choke and i think even you deep down probably fear that more than anything.

I have witnessed enough games first hand in that stadium to know that if the fans were being honest, their biggest fear is they fail to make the automatic spots

Nobody but nobody in that crowd genuinely believes Cardiff will prevail via the play offs, based on where they have been at the top this year, and what has happened in previous seasons

That is what makes Cardiff's position so frail and as i have said fragile

That is the correct term fragile.

By the time Cardiff play again, the gap could be two points and even then its not a gimmee Leicester at home

I could go on and on, but deep down i know that you as a Cardiff City Fan know i am right.

However on a positive, win on Tuesday and that fragility starts to heal, lose or fail to win and the momentum remains with those teams on a charge.

It should never have come to this, when they went off to Dubai, they were double digits clear and home and hozed.

Now we will find out what Malkay is all about

If anyone can mess it up, then its us. I knew that the 11 pts wouldnt last. Still in a good position but we all know too well that we cant win play-offs. A lot of people would be disappointed with not winnig the league, however I would take 2nd anyday, even if its slightly disappointing, its automatic promotion at the end of the day, doesnt matter where you finish as long as you go up. For me, we dont score enough goals and when we are having a bad day defensively, that is it. For example I knew that we wouldnt come back against middlesbrough last week. Whereas if Watford, Palace etc had pulled a goal back with 25 mins left, then I would say 9/10 it would at least be 2-2. The other teams have that killer instinct that Cardiff never seem to have. I can only pray that we dont mess up this year, as I really think this is the last chance. Guess we just love the championship.

A couple more losses, a couple more draws and Crapdiff will be out of the top 2 and the Malays will bottle it and sack Mackay and behave like all other johny foreigners who do not understand football let alone on the shores where it all began even if it is in the land of Rugby.

That said, I do not think such a sequence of results will happen. Moresthepity.

I don't mean to seem rude but you have no idea what you are on about do you? We have come back plenty of times after being behind this season. Tuesday, for example. And other teams have the killer instinct we lack? You do know we are 5 points clear of those other teams and have beaten Hull, Watford and Palace this season don't you?

keep digging boyo!

I don't mean to seem rude but you have no idea what you are on about do you? We have come back plenty of times after being behind this season. Tuesday, for example. And other teams have the killer instinct we lack? You do know we are 5 points clear of those other teams and have beaten Hull, Watford and Palace this season don't you?

I do, just havent explained it very well.. We came back from behind tuesday, for a point at home against a mid table team.. not good enough, even that was lucky. When we go infront, we rarely kill teams off. Our last win by more than 1 goal as far as I can see is Dec 7 away to Blackburn. Not good enough. The amount of times you see palace or watford win with ease is concerning..

I have no idea what you mean by 'killing teams off'. We win games and get three points but we haven't killed them off? What do you want to do leave them bleeding and lifeless?

Winning by 1 goal all the time is not killing a team off. (The oppositon cannot get back into the match e.g. 3-0 is...) Great sarcasm..

Depends if the 90 mins+ is over

I am talking about when the game is playing, something I dont think you are grasping.

Yeah you are right he is not graspin' it alright!!

More to the point chaps... and we all know what this fella is on about with the phrase 'killing a team off' so less of the drollness of your humour , few teams, whether they are top or bottom, will 'kill' any other team off. This league, especially, is closer than most in terms of talent; the proverbial 'anybody can beat anybody' expression was never more relevant. What is more 11 v 11 on a field of play is a far greater leveller than most other sports.

So, Cardiff fan, you should not be concerned about not tonkin' a team; its a luxury you enjoy once in a blue moon (errrhum red, sorry) get used to it or have you been fed such carp from the owners that you are starting to believe you are already the next Manure ?

Yeah you are right he is not graspin' it alright!!

More to the point chaps... and we all know what this fella is on about with the phrase 'killing a team off' so less of the drollness of your humour , few teams, whether they are top or bottom, will 'kill' any other team off. This league, especially, is closer than most in terms of talent; the proverbial 'anybody can beat anybody' expression was never more relevant. What is more 11 v 11 on a field of play is a far greater leveller than most other sports.

So, Cardiff fan, you should not be concerned about not tonkin' a team; its a luxury you enjoy once in a blue moon (errrhum red, sorry) get used to it or have you been fed such carp from the owners that you are starting to believe you are already the next Manure ?

Doesnt mean I think we are the next man utd. I have every right to be concerned, at our lack of goals.

The Cardiff fans are revolting!!! They seem to be arguing a bit too! ;-)

As great as it would be to see Cardiff choke (again), they've still got games to play against our rivals and we need them to win them to help us out. I would grudgingly accept 'The Franchise' getting promoted if it helped keep us up

The Cardiff fans are revolting!!! They seem to be arguing a bit too! ;-)

As great as it would be to see Cardiff choke (again), they've still got games to play against our rivals and we need them to win them to help us out. I would grudgingly accept 'The Franchise' getting promoted if it helped keep us up

They'll only be up there for the one season anyway.

They'll only be up there for the one season anyway.

Depends how many Ringgits Mr Tan wants to put into them I suppose. I wonder what his demands would be for £40 million or new players? Play some games in Kuala Lumpur? There must always be at least 1 Chinese player on the pitch? Everyone sings the Malaysian national anthem at kick off?

Depends how many Ringgits Mr Tan wants to put into them I suppose. I wonder what his demands would be for £40 million or new players? Play some games in Kuala Lumpur? There must always be at least 1 Chinese player on the pitch? Everyone sings the Malaysian national anthem at kick off?

It'll be a satay only catering policy I've heard.

Doesnt mean I think we are the next man utd. I have every right to be concerned, at our lack of goals.

If City were top of the league I would be delighted with a 1-0 win.

I think you are, in fact, thinking you are Manure by being 'concerned' at your lack of goals as if you have a right to be disappointed with a 'measly' 1-0 win. i.e. subconsciously, you don't know it, but are, by definition being Manure-ish. its a phrase we use down ere in Brizzle old mucker especially pertaining to wanna be big shots even if they don't know it.

Archived