IGNORED

Would You Take This?

If I offered you the scenario where if we beat Charlton on the final day we stay up, but draw/lose we go down, would you take it? I was asked this yesterday and I wouldn't take it as I feel we could be safe before that game.

Not sure my nerves could take it. Even though Charlton have only won 4 home games all season.

I wouldn't take it, Anything can happen in a one off pressure game, sending off, dodgy penalty etc., and with City it probably would.

If we haven't sorted it out before then there's no reason to be confident we could go to Charlton and win.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Spread our chances of staying up over a handful of games and performances - or put it all into one do or die game................ think our cup/playoff where everything counts on one performance on the day would suggest we go for the spread bet.........

Would you take relegation for a trip to Wembley in what ever competition (play offs, fa cup semi) in the next season. Just watching Blackburn and thought of that little question. I am not sure but reckon I would rather stay up

id rather stay up than get to the fourth round!!!

I'd rather stay up this season than a Wembley trip. Knowing City it would all go tits up at the 89th minute. As for the Charlton scenario, I couldn't say. If it all came down to the final day, their away end will be packed to the rafters. I'd hope we'll be safe by then but if it is to be decided in that last match, my nerves will probably be near enough wrecked!

If I offered you the scenario where if we beat Charlton on the final day we stay up, but draw/lose we go down, would you take it? I was asked this yesterday and I wouldn't take it as I feel we could be safe before that game.

History repeats itself! Alan Dicks was appointed Manager mid season with City in a dangerous position. Last but one game of the season (April 20th!) was at Charlton and City needed to win to stay up. They won 2-1. AD said those final 15 minutes were endless and although the fans celebrated, his legs were numb due to the stress.

I'd definitely take this. We're on great form at the minute, but there is still a long way to go. The fact that all the teams around us are picking up points means that we may need another 4 or 5 wins as well as a couple of draws to stay up. Being in with a shout on the final day would be great, however I'm not sure my nerves could take it.

Archived