IGNORED

We're Down

CalgaryRed

Lmfao it makes me laugh. I just hate the fact people say we're down and yes it makes me feel better having a bit of banter on here perhaps should of left the foxtrot Oscar out. But funny how we loss one game and were down. We're not yet and until we are I will remain positive.

:D

Good lad, its crap being a football supporter in general, but its only football and could be worse. :dunno:

I don't know other clubs finances but I do feel that SL will make this club bigger and better long term. Teams like Watford who have more loans in there team and teams like Birmingham on the verge of administration. I would say are badly run but because watford are doing well its ok.

Just because we're bottom doesn't mean we're a baldy run club.. I'm thinking you mean not get rid of DM sooner, So we had a better chance of staying up this year. I sort of agree to a certain level on DM but I am very pleased we got SOD as if we do go down he is probably the best man to bring us up.

Blackburn Rovers and about 50 others.

Blackburn are not bottom of the league, after announcing record losses.

Granted though...they are run terribly.

I just cannot believe how our club has been ran the last few years, the mistakes we've made and the money we've wasted.

It's finally caught up with us.

People are going to have a shock next season if/when we go down....talk of bouncing back immediately is silly.

There will be no money and our "better" players will be moved on.

It's a shame, massive, massive shame....but it's been coming for a long time

We are down, and quite frankly, we deserve it.

Anyone who believes we can stay up are deluding themselves. Feel free to come back and prove me wrong after FT in the Charlton game.

It was always going to be too much to ask of SO'D, with the players available to him. They've put up a good fight but today was the game that truly mattered, and for us to just cave in within three minutes epitomised the lack of quality and fight we have in the current squad.

We must look to rebuild in League 1 now. Keep faith in SO'D, it's certainly going to be an interesting summer.

Look, today was disappointing, particularly as for a few minutes we had our heads above water for the first time in months.

That's not what worries me though. WTF is going on around us? Are Barcelona, Real, and Inter masquerading as Second Division relegation fodder? Is it a cunning plan by Michel Platini to take revenge for the nasty things said about him on OTIB?

Today was already going to be a bad day before we kicked off, with two threatened sides getting unexpected wins. I had today down as a draw, so I wasn't too surprised (but gutted) by the result. On the other hand, none of the other results bar Wendy's made any sense at all.

Obviously, we can only win our own games, and that's what we must do. To use a crude analogy, an umbrella might help in a rain of p1ss, but it's no use in a sh1tstorm :(

I don't know other clubs finances but I do feel that SL will make this club bigger and better long term. Teams like Watford who have more loans in there team and teams like Birmingham on the verge of administration. I would say are badly run but because watford are doing well its ok.

Just because we're bottom doesn't mean we're a baldy run club.. I'm thinking you mean not get rid of DM sooner, So we had a better chance of staying up this year. I sort of agree to a certain level on DM but I am very pleased we got SOD as if we do go down he is probably the best man to bring us up.

You say Lansdown will make us bigger and better long term.....he's been here long term. How longs he been at the helm?

Financially were worse off then we've ever been and were heading back to league 1. I like Lansdown, and his commitment is unquestionable....but I don't know where you get this optimism from that he has the nous to make this a bigger and better club.

Crystal Palace....nearly went to the wall what, 2 years ago? That's how you rebuild a club.

Like I said, I like Lansdown, but I think he has proved numerous times, when it comes to the running of a football club.....he's out of his depth

Did anyone ask SL today what he would do to get us back up if we go down, I know one of JL mates and he tells me they are both city mad and both very keen on making our club a success. I can see a few going but not to many, and I can see SL funding some good signings as its a cheaper market in league 1. SOD Is the man to being us back up if we go down. Long term plans for us are good. New ground or redevelop AG. Which I'm pretty sure SL will fund. Bristol rugby joining us means more money.

Without Stead we have no attacking force, Baldock was brought in for many thousands and hardly has had a game, Taylor is crocked and inexpierenced, Davies cannot do it and compared to Stead is a dud.

That leaves Adomah who loses interest and doesnt put in the work.

The manager made a mistake by being to negative today but being new escapes blame............until ?

Really do we have any threat or talent up front that will leave any of our remaining opponents quivering in their boots.

Having said all that its not over yet, in football anything could happen, although its less likely to as the weeks go by.

I predicted 2-1 Wolves but I didn't see all the other results yet again going against us, however....

I will always believe until it is mathematicalIy impossible- it's going to be harder after today and I'm not a happy clapper nor am I am a defeatist, I am not an optimist or a realist. I am a supporter.

I think we'll struggle to stay up now. It's not over, but it's a bloody tough ask.

Here's my take on today:

First half I thought we were solid. They gifted us a goal, and we also had a couple of chances (Davies through one on one early on). Wolves looked shockingly poor, and at half time I thought they were there for the taking.

Second half we were right under the cosh from the start. We had no foot hold in the game second half, and IMO it was only a matter of time before the scored. To me it was obvious it wasn't working, and I felt we should have changed it earlier.

We really missed Stead today. Davies is a great striker with the ball at his feet, but is not a target man to play up top on his own.

Albert looked incredibly short of confidence, and seemed almost scared to take on their left back.

Overall, thoroughly disappointed and disheartened. It ain't over though.

Without Stead we have no attacking force, Baldock was brought in for many thousands and hardly has had a game, Taylor is crocked and inexpierenced, Davies cannot do it and compared to Stead is a dud.

Apart from the 12 goals he's scored, you mean.... :facepalm:

It doesn't sound like Steve had a good game today, but labelling him a 'dud' is arrant nonsense.

You say Lansdown will make us bigger and better long term.....he's been here long term. How longs he been at the helm?

Financially were worse off then we've ever been and were heading back to league 1. I like Lansdown, and his commitment is unquestionable....but I don't know where you get this optimism from that he has the nous to make this a bigger and better club.

Crystal Palace....nearly went to the wall what, 2 years ago? That's how you rebuild a club.

Like I said, I like Lansdown, but I think he has proved numerous times, when it comes to the running of a football club.....he's out of his depth

He may of made a few mistakes, was copout walking his doing or fault, ???? The signings of certain players under copout screwed us over with high wages leaving no choice but to tighten the belt.

As for my Optimism that comes from supporting Bristol city no matter what. Ill stand there and get behind them every game even if were down its in my blood to SUPPORT them good times and bad.

Since SOD we've been brilliant at home and I still think its to early to say were down.

That leaves Adomah who loses interest and doesnt put in the work.

The manager made a mistake by being to negative today but being new escapes blame............until ?

Really do we have any threat or talent up front that will leave any of our remaining opponents quivering in their boots.

Having said all that its not over yet, in football anything could happen, although its less likely to as the weeks go by.

Steve Davies can't do it, think you'll find he can,

The goals he scores can be great

boldock yet to play enough in my eyes.

Albert is a luxury player and not fit enough to do the runs all day long, why however I don't know.

Stead is one if the hardest working players we have

As to do we have any talent up front, recent home form would say A MASSIVE YES, all 4 teams coming to AG will be thinking there on form at home. Until today 3 clean sheets in a row and 17 pts with 5 wins 2 draws and lost to Cardiff Leeds palace and Blackburn.

Nowhere near finished yet. Over the remaining games everyone in the bottom 7/8 has to play each other. Things can change very quickly. Yes, we have to win at least 3 of our home games and yes, we will probably need to pick up at least 1 win and a draw away from home, but it is still possible. We are big favorites to go down but we shouldn't give up just yet.

I think we'll struggle to stay up now. It's not over, but it's a bloody tough ask.

Here's my take on today:

First half I thought we were solid. They gifted us a goal, and we also had a couple of chances (Davies through one on one early on). Wolves looked shockingly poor, and at half time I thought they were there for the taking.

Second half we were right under the cosh from the start. We had no foot hold in the game second half, and IMO it was only a matter of time before the scored. To me it was obvious it wasn't working, and I felt we should have changed it earlier.

We really missed Stead today. Davies is a great striker with the ball at his feet, but is not a target man to play up top on his own.

Albert looked incredibly short of confidence, and seemed almost scared to take on their left back.

Overall, thoroughly disappointed and disheartened. It ain't over though.

Went to the game today too and have to say your summary of our performance is absolutely spot on!

If we get 6 points from next 3 games we will be staying up again! We are always awful away from home I was at Palace and It was pitiful. But before today we were 9th in the form table. If we get to final day away to Charlton with a chance of staying up I think we have to say SOD has done a good job. I hate his manner TBH I'd rather someone with an iota of charisma but its undeniable that if he was in charge from season start we would be top 10 even with this squad which is bloody poor. Derby are average and beatable I'm more than optimistic that if we can get 5/6 points in next 3 games we've still got fighting chance.

We are best price 4/11 with Corals to go down and that sems a realistic price. We're only four points off safety with eight to play so there's still hope and a lot to play for. Unfortunately losing Stead at this stage of the season has been an immense blow to our chances of avoiding the drop. I go along with the majority of posters who, in the polls, wanted McInnes out long before he was pushed.

We are best price 4/11 with Corals to go down and that sems a realistic price. We're only four points off safety with eight to play so there's still hope and a lot to play for. Unfortunately losing Stead at this stage of the season has been an immense blow to our chances of avoiding the drop. I go along with the majority of posters who, in the polls, wanted McInnes out long before he was pushed.

If mcinness would if went sooner who would you of got in?

Not SOD as he was at Forest.

Sorry to say but we have to face it now

Today was a bad beat! That is a given.

For those of us that live in the colonies have all day to think about it as well as we will still be up long after the effects of Natch have taken over and sent every one at home to sleep!

My immediate reaction was one of complete disappointment and it took a few hours to sink in that we lost the match after being ahead and at times comfortable.

However we ARE Bristol City and we have been here before...Last season for example.

I note that you started supporting City in about 1970 which makes you around my age I guess (50). In that time I can remember us getting out of similar situations 76/77 for example and we all know how that ended.

As the smartest guy on this forum once said (and I cant remember who you are), you are not a City fan until you wish you were not...Today is one of those occasions for some. Nevertheless if McInness was still here we would have taken the position we are in now as there is still a lot to play for and we have a chance.

McInness buggered our club and our team and I will not forget it, but O'Driscoll has taken the same players and made us competitive so there are no forgone conclusions anymore just the feeling if we go down we go down fighting!!

So if you want to take the attitude that its done well that is your right, however O'Driscoll and this team and Mr Lansdown deserve our support and now is the time to put your big girl undies on suck it up and give it everything, because the club need us and the squad and coach have earned it!!

Bring on Derby we know Davies will be up for it and so will the team!!

If mcinness would if went sooner who would you of got in?

Not SOD as he was at Forest.

Well as Oliver Cromwell said in 1641, ''I can tell you, Sirs, what I would not have; tho I cannot what I would.''

To be honest McInnes was so poor that almost anything would have been an improvement, even a caretaker manager for a short while.

It really is amazing how many people know 'we're going down' with so much football still to be played.

So who can tell me the results of each of the remaining games in the championship?

Who can tell me who will be the bottom 3 this year?

And given the number of people that absolutely 'know we're down', how many of you are confident enough to offer me odds of 1,000/1 on us being relegated. I counted a few on this thread. I'm quite happy to have a couple of quid with each of you. Surely on the basis we're going down you'll be happy to offer those odds?

4 home games left

4 away games left

We haven't won an away game since December and we currently have 39 points meaning even if we win every home game we'll still have only have 51 points and one of our away games is Hull. All in all I don't see us winning all four home games meaning we need two wins away when we haven't had one since last year.... it really doesn't look great does it.

All this "we're not down till we're down" is a great positive attitude but we realistically need 5 wins from 8 games, one of which is against a team in a strong position for automatic promotion.... as much as I'd like to think we're going to survive today was the first nail in the coffin for me.

A baldy run club? Is that where we've been going wrong. ........ :-)

Archived