IGNORED

We're Down

CalgaryRed

It really is amazing how many people know 'we're going down' with so much football still to be played.

So who can tell me the results of each of the remaining games in the championship?

Who can tell me who will be the bottom 3 this year?

And given the number of people that absolutely 'know we're down', how many of you are confident enough to offer me odds of 1,000/1 on us being relegated. I counted a few on this thread. I'm quite happy to have a couple of quid with each of you. Surely on the basis we're going down you'll be happy to offer those odds?

It is tempting to offer you those odds but I have to cop out as I'm not really a gambling man..........

Just out of interest would you be able to cover your loss?

And yes I could cover my end.

No we are not down yet, but it ain't looking good given the way other teams are doing now what we need to do and time is running out.

UP THE CITY! despite the way it seems to be going for us.

There are at least 4 stages:

- mathematically safe

- possibly going down

- probably going down

- relegated

We are flitting somewhere between stages 2 and 3. We are not yet relegated, we are not yet safe.

Unless there have been some fundamental rule changes re number of points for a win, it is still in our hands, however unlikely that might look with our away form.

We're not down yet, but it's getting more likely that we will be. People have mentioned in the past needing 52 points to stay up, I don't think that will be enough this time, and we need 13 more points to reach that many. While Wolves and Peterborough need 10 more. Sheff W 9 Barnsley 8 Blackburn 7...

4 home games left

4 away games left

We haven't won an away game since December and we currently have 39 points meaning even if we win every home game we'll still have only have 51 points and one of our away games is Hull. All in all I don't see us winning all four home games meaning we need two wins away when we haven't had one since last year.... it really doesn't look great does it.

All this "we're not down till we're down" is a great positive attitude but we realistically need 5 wins from 8 games, one of which is against a team in a strong position for automatic promotion.... as much as I'd like to think we're going to survive today was the first nail in the coffin for me.

..a realist-bet your not popular on here!..agree with all you have said.were gonna have to take risks on the road,or.......

At any point in the season it's reasonably easy to be realistic about where the season may end. Being realistic is very different from having knowledge. All we can say with certainty (assuming no points deductions and/or end of the world calamity) is that we'll finish somewhere between 39 and 63 points. Clearly when we're bottom with 8 games to go, we're more likely to be relegated than not, but it doesn't mean there's any reason to get maudlin just yet.

We are down, and quite frankly, we deserve it.

Anyone who believes we can stay up are deluding themselves. Feel free to come back and prove me wrong after FT in the Charlton game.

It was always going to be too much to ask of SO'D, with the players available to him. They've put up a good fight but today was the game that truly mattered, and for us to just cave in within three minutes epitomised the lack of quality and fight we have in the current squad.

We must look to rebuild in League 1 now. Keep faith in SO'D, it's certainly going to be an interesting summer.

Spot on

There are at least 4 stages:

- mathematically safe

- possibly going down

- probably going down

- relegated

We are flitting somewhere between stages 2 and 3. We are not yet relegated, we are not yet safe.

Unless there have been some fundamental rule changes re number of points for a win, it is still in our hands, however unlikely that might look with our away form.

More like 3 going on 4 to me

So who thinks we're going to stay up after today's result at Pride Park then ? I hate to be proved right but we will be in League 1 next season. We will most likely finish bottom I'm afraid. All over bar the (inevitable) shouting. Rebuild for next season...

We needed something today, some will hope things go our way tomorrow and Monday when in fact we should of made them go our way at Wolves and Derby;

No hope left, DOWN FOR SURE.

So who thinks we're going to stay up after today's result at Pride Park then ? I hate to be proved right but we will be in League 1 next season. We will most likely finish bottom I'm afraid. All over bar the (inevitable) shouting. Rebuild for next season...

There will be people on this forum who will still think we're staying up! Even if it was the last game of the season and we were 4 points behind with 3 points to play for. People will still believe we're staying up!

Been coming for a couple of seasons. Was obvious our luck would run out at some point. The blame firmly lies at the boards door. Many poor decisions these last few years which has made us unstable. Too many changes on and on the pitch. Luckily some good things now seem to be happening off the pitch but this should have been done years ago.

We will go down for a series of shite decisions by the messiah who has made our club unsaleable.

Landsdown has made joke decisions throughout his tenure, shite managers and shite players time after time.

Yes I'll get slated, butget yer head out of your asses we have been on a downward spiral for th last 5 years and the commom demonenator is, Landsdown I'm afraid

Anything is possible Habberss in the land of OTIB. Maybe Sheff Wed, Wolves, Peterborough and Barnsley will all go bust or field ineligible players or sell their grannies and be deducted ten points each.

This is true, just read some of the posts! Some people will hope what you said in your post will happen !!!!!

We will go down for a series of shite decisions by the messiah who has made our club unsaleable.

Landsdown has made joke decisions throughout his tenure, shite managers and shite players time after time.

Yes I'll get slated, butget yer head out of your asses we have been on a downward spiral for th last 5 years and the commom demonenator is, Landsdown I'm afraid

Agreed. Let's give him his £41m back right now and let someone else come in and make perfect decisions every time. We'll be top by Christmas.

Agree but all the young ones who are vaguely ready are on loan.

I think SOD came in accepting L1 next season, hence the mass loan dispatch in the past few weeks readying the young'uns.

Not necessarily a bad thing of course, but I do think the obvious ambivalence shown in our away games under SOD have contributed to this seasons relegation :(

Agreed. Let's give him his £41m back right now and let someone else come in and make perfect decisions every time. We'll be top by Christmas.

Its only 41 million because he,s let it get like that, absolutley no reason with the staff we have that it should ever have even got close to that. Average players, below average managers, no structure to the back room. And dont forget its not actually debt as long as he stays in charge, its loans! only becomes debt if someone else wants to buy = unsaleable!

Still think we can do it and will until we can't bring on wed and pray for results going are way tomorrow. We are NOT down yet.

I wouldnt put money on us winning any game from now till the end of season myself, or the chances of us seeing the likes of Carey,Stead,Adomah,Baldock playing a full game for us this season or the next.

I wouldnt put money on us winning any game from now till the end of season myself, or the chances of us seeing the likes of Carey,Stead,Adomah,Baldock playing a full game for us this season or the next.

f.... glos you really on a downer! thought youd been around long enough to take it on the chin!

wele be back,as the song goes,things can only get better,

im not saying tomorrow mind!

Archived