IGNORED

Welcome To League One

old_eastender

Since SOD came in I'd been clinging to hope that we could yet undo all the damage done under McWinless, but that hope is gone now.

Terrible set of results today, season defining.

Whatever happens from here we have to STOP playing one up front, IT DOES NOT WORK. One win all season playing that cr@p formation, and yet we persist in it, inviting pressure and inevitably getting undone by it.

Not felt so deflated for a long time.

Since SOD came in I'd been clinging to hope that we could yet undo all the damage done under McWinless, but that hope is gone now.

Whatever happens from here we have to STOP playing one up front, IT DOES NOT WORK. One win all season playing that cr@p formation, and yet we persist in it, inviting pressure and inevitably getting undone by it.

Given that you know more about how to prepare football teams for big matches and you have superior tactical knowledge to the man who is the only reason we have ANY chance of staying up, I'd recommend you should become a football manager.

I told myself at the start of this week that this would be the week that defines if we stay up or go down. On Tuesday, neither of those results went our way and today we haven't been able to keep up with the pack that are still picking up results. I think it's over.

I blame it all on the board. McWinless should have been sacked after the Wolves home game, them perhaps the new manager could have turned things around. they left it far too late!!

Given that you know more about how to prepare football teams for big matches and you have superior tactical knowledge to the man who is the only reason we have ANY chance of staying up, I'd recommend you should become a football manager.

That's a fair comment but the stats do not lie. When we play at home with 2 up front, we win. We go away, invite pressure and lose. Do the math.

I told myself at the start of this week that this would be the week that defines if we stay up or go down. On Tuesday, neither of those results went our way and today we haven't been able to keep up with the pack that are still picking up results. I think it's over.

I think you are right, this week has defined our season...Derby & Wednesday games are absolutely must win games..

What a disgrace. We can win our home games and pick up a couple of points away and it will be enough to keep us up. Some people seem to think support is about flags and singing, it's not. It's about not capitulating when the going gets tough and believing no matter what.

What a disgrace. We can win our home games and pick up a couple of points away and it will be enough to keep us up. Some people seem to think support is about flags and singing, it's not. It's about not capitulating when the going gets tough and believing no matter what.

Great post

I once agreed with myself that I'd never be the sort of person who writes plus one. If I was that type of person, I'd write it now.

Spot on.

I said in another post, without being wise after the event I never thought we would win today. But does that mean it all ends today? We all know we are in it deep, but even after just about everything that could go wrong today, going wrong, we are still in with a chance. It's not over yet and the season doesn't end today.

lose one game and so many people overreact seriously 8 games 3 point gap to close we probably could stay up with 4 more wins, thats not unrealistic at all.

It's not over-reacting because the fact is other teams around us are winning.

4 more wins won't be enough, and the only thing that is consistent about this league is teams will win.....including us, and including everyone else down the bottom.

Only thing for sure is we are bottom, and potentially 7 points from safety, we have left ourselves too much to do.

It's not over-reacting because the fact is other teams around us are winning.

4 more wins won't be enough, and the only thing that is consistent about this league is teams will win.....including us, and including everyone else down the bottom.

Only thing for sure is we are bottom, and potentially 7 points from safety, we have left ourselves too much to do.

Despite my heart saying we have a chance I think in reality it's just too much to do as other teams around us are picking up points on a regular basis.

Despite my heart saying we have a chance I think in reality it's just too much to do as other teams around us are picking up points on a regular basis.

The only thing that we know, Is that teams around us will continue to pick up points. That is where the problem lies.

We can stay up if with play with passion, pride and heart and go for the win. We weren't good enough today because we didn't do that. Wolves did in the second half. We didn't lose because we were outplayed, we lost because they wanted it more. 8 games is a lot of games and it's possible we can get out of it but we have to play better. A lot better.

Archived