IGNORED

Welcome To League One

old_eastender

Well Bill, we all continue to hope, but after yesterday I think it is more in faith than realistic expectation.

The important thing is I'll be there cheering and willing the team on whatever. Even if/when we are mathematically sunk. I think that's the definition of a supporter. Thick & thin & all that...

I apologise for the tone of my post last night mate, I had just got home from a bit of a drunken night out! I shouldn't have posted whilst drunk.

I echo what you say, coyr :)

It's a massive setback losing to wolves, as i thought it was one we could win ok we still have games left and all is not lost but those above us have a game in hand it sounds easy just win 4 or 5 games and well be safe unfortunately there are other teams thinking the same looks like Barnsley and Peterborough are flying, derby away next and we definately need something there if we dont get anything then we have got to face the inevitable, league 1

When I did the BBC Predictor around five games ago, I had us losing to Wolves, but still staying up so I am slightly buoyed by that. However I didn't predict the teams around us to be showing the form they have and for yesterday's game to be so crucial.

By no means do I think it is over, but I can obviously understand why some do. The three points lost yesterday are obviously important, but the way we lost it and the fact we have been on a decent run and yet lie adrift at the bottom will be two massive psychological kicks in the teeth for the players. If you saw the players' body language at the fulltime whistle yesterday O'Driscoll has a big job on his hands picking them up over the next fortnight. Usually when you've lost and sit bottom of the league the international break would be an irritant as you want to play again as soon as possible, but I feel SO'D will need all the time available to try and get the players fully confident in time for Derby.

well,they capitulated yesterday..in a very big way.its ok to believe,you have to make things happen tho.no point wandering along,whistling,with your belief in your pocket-take it out and give it a polish and show the world its yours..belief without ambition?..thats for fools.

How exactly did they capitulate yesterday?

As someone said on here that if we beat Wolves we wouldn't be safe, so losing doesn't mean we're going down .

Wolves was not a must win game, but I always thought it was a mustn't lose game.

The form and results of teams around has been remarkable and seeing teams snatch late goals and unlikely wins makes me think that it is destined not to be our year.

Wolves was not a must win game, but I always thought it was a mustn't lose game.

The form and results of teams around has been remarkable and seeing teams snatch late goals and unlikely wins makes me think that it is destined not to be our year.

That is exactly what I fear. SO'D has done a remarkable job, but even he can't affect the other teams' results.

lose one game and so many people overreact seriously 8 games 3 point gap to close we probably could stay up with 4 more wins, thats not unrealistic at all.

Its not unrealistic at all to expect your team to be able to win 4 of the last 8 games, i get that and i agree, just !

However you are pushing the boundries of possibilities too far if you believe that sheff wed , barnsley, peterboro and wolves, or any 3 out of that 4 will finish under 51 points.

points !

That would be 3 more wins for wolves and peterboro and 2 wins and 2 draws for sheff wed,

All of which they may not get, however the real issue has always been barnsley

They would have to totally capitulate and lose 6 of their last 9 games when in fact they are more likely to win 6

I said weeks ago that i could see BC reaching 53 points actually, but that Barnsley would get 55 minimum.

I have no reason to change my opinion and if anything i have barnsley higher than that now.

Name me 3 sides excluding barnsley who will finish less than 53 ?

There is the real problem, and unfortunately loyalty and true support wont be enough i am afraid

Truly hope i am wrong, but saturdays results were a killer.

We're not down yet and whilst it's going to be incredibly hard to stay up,until it's mathematicaly certain I won't be throwing in the towel.In fact the deeper the s..we're in, the more partisan I become,I can understand people becoming disheartened after Saturdays result but if we are going down let's not let it be with a whimper.

We're not down yet and whilst it's going to be incredibly hard to stay up,until it's mathematicaly certain I won't be throwing in the towel.In fact the deeper the s..we're in, the more partisan I become,I can understand people becoming disheartened after Saturdays result but if we are going down let's not let it be with a whimper.

That's exactly what is was on Saturday. Had we gone there and had a real go but lost , I don't think I'd feel as down about the situation as I do right now. Wolves were the worst side we are going to face for the rest of the season , and we didn't get at them.

That's exactly what is was on Saturday. Had we gone there and had a real go but lost , I don't think I'd feel as down about the situation as I do right now. Wolves were the worst side we are going to face for the rest of the season , and we didn't get at them.

I totally agree we should of gone for the jugular, but we haven't attacked away from home for ages and even when we went ahead I feared the worst,but the games gone now and we have to move on to the next one,the only way is up ,as they say.But like you say we've got to have a go at teams in the remaining away games.

I totally agree we should of gone for the jugular, but we haven't attacked away from home for ages and even when we went ahead I feared the worst,but the games gone now and we have to move on to the next one,the only way is up ,as they say.But like you say we've got to have a go at teams in the remaining away games.

I don't think we've attacked away from home for seasons! I remember going to places like Orient and Cheltenham who were on miserable runs near the bottom of L1 and we were lucky to scrape a draw at both.

OK hindsight I know but I wonder what would have happened had we a manager who went 4-3-3 for ALL away games and threw caution out and attacked? With 3 points for a win statistically the rewards surely make it better to go after a win than timidly try and sneak a draw.

Posh have scored an incredible 27 away goals with only Watford and Malaysia FC scoring more. I know which approach I'd rather watch. Fortune favours the brave and we ain't very brave......

Based on current form (last 6 games) of us and the teams around us, we go down with 50 points, 4 points from safety. Key from now on is to pick up 3-4 points away from home, while still maintaining our good form at home. Not impossible, but gets more difficult with each passing game if we do not win. Fewer games left to collect the points needed to survive.

I don't think we've attacked away from home for seasons! I remember going to places like Orient and Cheltenham who were on miserable runs near the bottom of L1 and we were lucky to scrape a draw at both.

OK hindsight I know but I wonder what would have happened had we a manager who went 4-3-3 for ALL away games and threw caution out and attacked? With 3 points for a win statistically the rewards surely make it better to go after a win than timidly try and sneak a draw.

Posh have scored an incredible 27 away goals with only Watford and Malaysia FC scoring more. I know which approach I'd rather watch. Fortune favours the brave and we ain't very brave......

How many times over the years have we played teams on miserable runs and lost,it always seems to us,anyone remember Palarse in the seventies,they hadn't won away for 18 months (I think) and beat us 1_0 .

How many times over the years have we played teams on miserable runs and lost,it always seems to us,anyone remember Palarse in the seventies,they hadn't won away for 18 months (I think) and beat us 1_0 .

Well , not that often if you're going back 40 years for examples !!!

Seriously though , I know what you mean , we always seem to play teams just as they appoint a new manager as well !

Well , not that often if you're going back 40 years for examples !!!

Seriously though , I know what you mean , we always seem to play teams just as they appoint a new manager as well !

Aren't Derby on a terrible run at the moment,oh well that's us well and truly f...led then.

Err no mate. Not all of us have an eidetic memory. In fact if you are saying you have that on fairly instant recall or after eating a couple of carrots I am rather jealous.

More times than I even care to think about :(

I still have the scars from that one.

Like Doyle. On a terrible run - his goal on Saturday was his first in 16 games since he scored against................

These things tend to go in cycles though. Let's hope it changes quickly I do remember when teams were frightened of us rather than the other way around.

Malcolm Allison and his ******g stupid hat. He even had the champagne ready in the dressing room when they came to Ashton Gate.

The other thing written into City dna is to have a stunning away win then roll over & die in the next home game in front of a bumper crowd.

Oh well, it all makes the good times so much sweeter.

Its not unrealistic at all to expect your team to be able to win 4 of the last 8 games, i get that and i agree, just !

However you are pushing the boundries of possibilities too far if you believe that sheff wed , barnsley, peterboro and wolves, or any 3 out of that 4 will finish under 51 points.

points !

That would be 3 more wins for wolves and peterboro and 2 wins and 2 draws for sheff wed,

All of which they may not get, however the real issue has always been barnsley

They would have to totally capitulate and lose 6 of their last 9 games when in fact they are more likely to win 6

I said weeks ago that i could see BC reaching 53 points actually, but that Barnsley would get 55 minimum.

I have no reason to change my opinion and if anything i have barnsley higher than that now.

Name me 3 sides excluding barnsley who will finish less than 53 ?

There is the real problem, and unfortunately loyalty and true support wont be enough i am afraid

Truly hope i am wrong, but saturdays results were a killer.

Spot on. The serious issue is: if not us, then who? Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday have games in hand - if 54 is the safety figure this year, then Barnsley only need three wins and a draw from nine, Sheffield needing two draws. If anyone above them is to be drawn into it, then they need to be in total collapse and I see no sign of that anywhere at the moment. It really is an extraordinary division with the club in 11th place on only 49 points, and a club in the automatic places which has lost 12 games.

If we win five out of eight (or do what we did last year - 3 wins and 5 draws) then we have a chance, but someone else has got to start losing games or even 54 points might not be enough to stay up.

Archived