IGNORED

Welcome To League One

old_eastender

If im not mistaken there is still 24 points to play for - we have 39, get half of the 24 and we will have 51 -

why does everyone go into meltdown when we lose a game, is it because our expectations have been raised perhaps.

Im more concerend with the injurys we have picked!

We have to believe in the team, we have to stay strong and keep with the lads and SOD - if the vibs of this place filtered down to the pitch then someone unleash the fat lady.

Lets keep a level head on it, we are not down with 8 games to play !

If im not mistaken there is still 24 points to play for - we have 39, get half of the 24 and we will have 51 -

why does everyone go into meltdown when we lose a game, is it because our expectations have been raised perhaps.

Im more concerend with the injurys we have picked!

We have to believe in the team, we have to stay strong and keep with the lads and SOD - if the vibs of this place filtered down to the pitch then someone unleash the fat lady.

Lets keep a level head on it, we are not down with 8 games to play !

As I said in another thread, we'll need to win 4 home games to hit the 51, I can't see us winning all four so we need an away win, something we've not had since December, it is asking a hell of a lot to stay up now and the results keep going against us too.

It's not over-reacting because the fact is other teams around us are winning.

4 more wins won't be enough, and the only thing that is consistent about this league is teams will win.....including us, and including everyone else down the bottom.

Only thing for sure is we are bottom, and potentially 7 points from safety, we have left ourselves too much to do.

you can't assume anything, anything could happen so until it's impossible why accept relegation?

My feet were firmly in the relegated camp till about 1030.

**** looking at the table

**** looking at the permutations

It's a massive ask, but while it's still mathematically possible, we can stay up

We need promotion form, top of the table form admittedly but, win all our home games, draw all our away games and 54 points is nigh-on impossible to see us relegated.

That's better form than any time in the rest of the season - it's not about whether we are able, on our day we have beaten teas from the top to the bottom of this division. While it's still physically possible to win a game you never know.

And while we're there... **** fighting to the end, we're Bristol City, this is our Bandwagon and We Always Believe!

besides, win our next 5 on the bounce and there'll be no need to fight till the end.

Since SOD came in I'd been clinging to hope that we could yet undo all the damage done under McWinless, but that hope is gone now.

Terrible set of results today, season defining.

Whatever happens from here we have to STOP playing one up front, IT DOES NOT WORK. One win all season playing that cr@p formation, and yet we persist in it, inviting pressure and inevitably getting undone by it.

Not felt so deflated for a long time.

Rubbish, with a bit more composure we could have been three up at half time against a team who were in the Prem ten months ago. On top of that we were without Stead and lost Anderson to injury after only ten minutes.

Its one thing saying win all our remaining home games and another doing so. I feel many are somewhat complacent when they are seemingly assuming we may do this.

Fear the worst and hope for the best. It isn't in our hands anymore so now it is very much so take each game at a time.

Personally I don't believe, and haven't for a while. Will still be roaring when in attendance though. Would love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

Sorry if I'm a hideous traitor or something (and I'll continue to go to every home game - as I have for two decades) but I think we're down after today. This was our task and we ****** it up and that, sadly, is partly the fault of our excellent coach but over-cautious manager.

The damage was inflicted earlier on, but I do think we're hulled below the waterline.

It's still so close it can all change after 2 more games even. Peterboro have Cardiff up next....then Midboro, Hudd, Watford, Brighton....4 tough games that they are probably looking at wondering where they will pick up points. Wolves have Midboro, massive Brum derby, Bolton, Hudd, Hull, Charlton...again with their recent slump, today aside, they will be sat trying to tally up where their wins will come from like everyone here.

Barnsley have a massive game against Sheff Weds next, then Leicester, Palace, Cardiff, Charlton, Forest, Hull.....on paper probably the toughest run of games out of the lot. Sheff Weds have Barnsley, US, Blackburn, Millwall, Leeds, Blackpool then potential crunch games Ipswich & Peterboro.

Point being....there's a lot to play for. Would everyone one's reaction be the same had we lost at Middlesboro but won today? Last 5 games gave us 2 wins 2 draws and a loss.... If the next 5 yields the same result it will put us on 47 points and still in with hope with 3 games to go. It's all 'If's' and 'Maybes' at this time but....but

Today was not kind to us....but the league is determined over 46 games not just one weekend.

Keep on dreamin' cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die......

Sorry if I'm a hideous traitor or something (and I'll continue to go to every home game - as I have for two decades) but I think we're down after today. This was our task and we ****** it up and that, sadly, is partly the fault of our excellent coach but over-cautious manager.

The damage was inflicted earlier on, but I do think we're hulled below the waterline.

Agreed. I'm not sure how many other relegation-threatened teams would have a £2m+ summer signing striker on the bench. Granted we nearly fluked it, but the stats don't lie and we had 2 shots on target. Had we won or not that frankly is not good enough. I heard SOD say on FL show he was happy with the performance. Hands up I was not there, but I'd want to see far more attacking threat before suggesting the performance was good enough.

The 2 shots on target is even more concerning when thinking we played for 10 mins desperate for an equaliser.

Since SOD came in I'd been clinging to hope that we could yet undo all the damage done under McWinless, but that hope is gone now.

Terrible set of results today, season defining.

Whatever happens from here we have to STOP playing one up front, IT DOES NOT WORK. One win all season playing that cr@p formation, and yet we persist in it, inviting pressure and inevitably getting undone by it.

Not felt so deflated for a long time.

If we had won 3-0 today we would still be 2nd from bottom, would you have still given up on the season?

Some have been saying the same since October, but then had a change of heart when we won a few. We really do have some fickle support,I would fn hate to be with the likes of you in the trenches.

46 games in a season.

What a disgrace. We can win our home games and pick up a couple of points away and it will be enough to keep us up. Some people seem to think support is about flags and singing, it's not. It's about not capitulating when the going gets tough and believing no matter what.

well,they capitulated yesterday..in a very big way.its ok to believe,you have to make things happen tho.no point wandering along,whistling,with your belief in your pocket-take it out and give it a polish and show the world its yours..belief without ambition?..thats for fools.

Some have been saying the same since October, but then had a change of heart when we won a few. We really do have some fickle support,I would fn hate to be with the likes of you in the trenches.

46 games in a season.

in October there were games to play and a lot of points to be won with room for error, when talking about relegation then it was more down to the fact we still didn't have a clean sheet and our manager looked ******* clueless so you can hardly blame people. We were 8 points adrift of safety when McInnes left, now with 8 to go we're still 4 points off and haven't won a single away game under SOD.

Yesterday was the day to throw caution aside and go for it, we didn't and now 3 months on we're only 4 points closer to safety than we were under McInnes with the other teams around us picking up wins left right and centre.

Maybe you think some people should never stop smiling and believing we'll be ok but to me it's at a point where we could save ourselves but won't as yesterday's result has made it too tough. Right now the people smiling and saying "we'll be fine" are the same people who drive down a rainy motorway with no windscreen wipers and dodgy breaks saying "we'll be fine" and it's not until they wake up in hospital that they realise... "Hey, maybe that was inevitable"

As I said in another thread, we'll need to win 4 home games to hit the 51, I can't see us winning all four so we need an away win, something we've not had since December, it is asking a hell of a lot to stay up now and the results keep going against us too.

Burnley.

Burnley.

They have lost the same amount of games at home that Wolves had, only are higher in the league, have a 12 goal better goal difference than us and have 9 points more than us.

We could beat them but in all fairness we had a better shot of beating Wolves of who we only had 2 shots on target against. Wolves had more possession, they had more shots, hell they had 8 corners when we had none! The most important stat being they scored more goals and ultimately we never actually scored, it was an own goal that put us in front.

Even if we get that win, which I can't see us doing unless we have a less cautious shot at the game, we're still going to have to win three home games at least... that means no room for error.

My heart says "we're still not down", my head says "we're going down" and being as my head has been right a lot more than my heart this season I still think we'll go down, after yesterday we've just left ourselves with too much to do.

Oh and just for that extra kick in the nuts, if Barnsley even manage a draw in their game in hand and Wednesday win theirs we'll be 6 points off safety with the worst goal difference, all games equal.

They have lost the same amount of games at home that Wolves had, only are higher in the league, have a 12 goal better goal difference than us and have 9 points more than us.

We could beat them but in all fairness we had a better shot of beating Wolves of who we only had 2 shots on target against. Wolves had more possession, they had more shots, hell they had 8 corners when we had none! The most important stat being they scored more goals and ultimately we never actually scored, it was an own goal that put us in front.

Even if we get that win, which I can't see us doing unless we have a less cautious shot at the game, we're still going to have to win three home games at least... that means no room for error.

My heart says "we're still not down", my head says "we're going down" and being as my head has been right a lot more than my heart this season I still think we'll go down, after yesterday we've just left ourselves with too much to do.

Oh and just for that extra kick in the nuts, if Barnsley even manage a draw in their game in hand and Wednesday win theirs we'll be 6 points off safety with the worst goal difference, all games equal.

Remember one thing.. anybody can beat anybody especially in this league.

1, The manager made a tactical mistake yesterday, to cautious.

2, Many of the bottom teams have yet to play each other.

3, There are 24points still to play for.

4, We are not in l1 yet and should not even think it until its true.

5, Barnsley,Peterbro will fight to the end so should we all.

6, Terrible thread title are we to "bottlers" :disapointed2se:

How are they not must win games?

Because, statistically, we could still stay up if we don't. Simples.

Or, put another way, nobody knows.

The only must win game is the next game that, if lost, means we are statistically relegated. Until then, no match is a must win.

I blame it all on the board. McWinless should have been sacked after the Wolves home game, them perhaps the new manager could have turned things around. they left it far too late!!

Spot on .Hopeless selection of managers by Lansdown- Tinnion , Millen and McInnes who were then kept too long when it was clear they were unfit for the job has led us to this very sad day when we return for another stretch to the mire of league 1.What makes it worse is at last we have a quality manager who had he been brought in earlier would have easily secured our Championship status.

I am amazed that Lansdown can show his face in public in his Q & A when his action over the lasrt 2 to 3 years has caused the current relegation.

Spot on .Hopeless selection of managers by Lansdown- Tinnion , Millen and McInnes who were then kept too long when it was clear they were unfit for the job has led us to this very sad day when we return for another stretch to the mire of league 1.What makes it worse is at last we have a quality manager who had he been brought in earlier would have easily secured our Championship status.

I am amazed that Lansdown can show his face in public in his Q & A when his action over the lasrt 2 to 3 years has caused the current relegation.

You are obviously hoping for a reaction with that last remark and you'll get one, at least from me;

You are hopelessly condescending to a man who owns the club and has invested millions into it, will invest many more millions in the months and years ahead and who has taken and will continue to take and support huge losses. Some of the reasons of which are in part due to the board and his decisions along the way. But they have a right to make those decisions in entirety.

You talk as if an owner has no right to be bold and human and face up to the fact that things are not going well by taking time out of his day to talk to the common man. You do the man a huge disservice as a result.

It is stating the obvious to say the man at the helm has 'caused the relegation' as you incorrectly put it although I follow what you are trying to say. The man at the helm stands and falls by decisions along the way but to suggest those decisions are entirely to blame for our current plight and, more importantly, to say you are 'amazed at him showing his face' under such circumstances is, frankly, rather crude.

If we go down, which right now looks a distinct possibility, I and the vast majority of fans would want nobody else owning this football club but Steve Lansdown. It will also NOT be catastrophic should that be the case under SL. We should also be immensely relieved we have the man at the club.

46 games in a season.

Well Bill, we all continue to hope, but after yesterday I think it is more in faith than realistic expectation.

The important thing is I'll be there cheering and willing the team on whatever. Even if/when we are mathematically sunk. I think that's the definition of a supporter. Thick & thin & all that...

Archived