IGNORED

England

Super

Wish the bloke on the megaphone would STFU.

He wasn't on a megaphone he was using the grounds Tannoy system. I believe the commentator mentioned it was against FIFA rules, but then again when did Montenegro worry about that. What annoyed me the most was that the crowd didn't need stirring they were well up for it! Crazy! Did you also see their fans fighting each other before the start, absolutely mental!

He wasn't on a megaphone he was using the grounds Tannoy system. I believe the commentator mentioned it was against FIFA rules, but then again when did Montenegro worry about that. What annoyed me the most was that the crowd didn't need stirring they were well up for it! Crazy! Did you also see their fans fighting each other before the start, absolutely mental!

Funny how the FIFA global rules change country to country. They had a line of stewards watching the fans, didn't stop any of them from raining crap down on the English players anytime they took a throw or a corner. You could perhaps expect to get away with that in a bigger stadium but the stand on the far side was only about 10-15 rows deep!

Lescott is god awful, seriously ******* shite.

Agree he was, why was it Welbeck defending on the line while Lescott was on his ass, and why did he not sub Rooney he looked so knackered 10 mins into the second half he offered nothing.

Because due to the Premier league England will not be able to adopt to the idealogy that has seen France and Spain progress beyond England.

If the Premier league put say 5% of its TV revenue into coaching for kids, a natiownide structure starting at infants school level could be in place which would be as vast as Spains. What England has is a polar opposite to the top European countries who produce players with superior technique.

There has to be a strategic long term plan in place, there is no plan which is an equivalent to Spain's which will continue to produce players year on year with more rounded skill sets. Spanish kids get technique taught to them

nationwide at a very early age, English kids generally do not, and often never will.

Spain once were the also rans!!

According to SOD, you can't teach a youngster skills when he's over 12. Combine that with our negligible youth coaching and the satellite league hoarding young players in the stiffs, and you have a recipe for England's failure.

Funny how the FIFA global rules change country to country. They had a line of stewards watching the fans, didn't stop any of them from raining crap down on the English players anytime they took a throw or a corner. You could perhaps expect to get away with that in a bigger stadium but the stand on the far side was only about 10-15 rows deep!

The Montenegran stewards probably report anyone NOT throwing things or making racist taunts ;)

The Montenegran stewards probably report anyone NOT throwing things or making racist taunts ;)

Haha your probably right. Dont get me wrong, i love watching a game in those kind of atmospheres, it just seems like the rules seem to change as you move around the globe. Never heard Wembley old or new refered to as a cauldron of noise/intimidation/atmosphere etc.

Haha your probably right. Dont get me wrong, i love watching a game in those kind of atmospheres, it just seems like the rules seem to change as you move around the globe. Never heard Wembley old or new refered to as a cauldron of noise/intimidation/atmosphere etc.

The running track doesn't help. Will there be one at the South Glos New (Travellers) Camp?

What an utter bunch of to$$ers.

Not the England team, some of the ridiculous posts on here!

41 posts in for the first non-negative England post, thanks Roger.

Tiny island consistently top 8 or 16 in the world.

Thank goodness none of this lot on here properly follow England, how depressing would that be.

English and proud. :englandsmile4wf:

We were playing Montenegro not Spain, Italy, Germany or France as Danny Baker said 'you could fully carpet the whole country for £260'

Remind me were we playing 11 v 11 or was it our 55 million against their 600,000?

Thank goodness none of this lot on here properly follow England, how depressing would that be.

constantly in the top 16,and one final in what? since the start of football.

tiny island? cum on that is a joke,compare us to the netherlands,quater of our population.

Tiny island. Dam our land mass yet huge population. If only we could be the Falklands with their vast open space.

I know, terrible in Mexico and as for that Italia 90 performance, well how Sir Bobby got a knighthood I'll never know

I did say we occasionally have a good run but don't forget we struggled in Italia 90 drawing with Ireland again beating Egypt 1-0 last minute of extra time winner v Belgium, 2 pens to beat Cameroon, glossed over on the heroics of the semi final defeat. What about all the times we didn't qualify at all? Premier leagues fault?

Our players have been playing with and coached by some of the very top names in world football at club level but fail dismally at international level, would having a 80% English player only top division make our players better? What made Wayne Rooney perform like a pub player in South Africa? Buggered if I know, but I don't reckon it was because he plays in the premier league.

Can we get a bit of perspective?

England are probably somewhere between 6-12 in terms of world ranking. Capable on our day of beating anyone, but likewise capable of losing to anyone on a bad day (much like a mid-table team in any division). We are not world beaters, but neither are we completely useless.

out of interest, which performance have you seen from england in the last 5 years which suggests we could beat germany or spain in a competitve match? there are light years in quality between them and england, as seen in the thrashing in the world cup. england are a poor, poor international side suffering badly from the abject lack of technical ability the players have, and outdated tactical thinking which is present at all levels of our game

If we ever win an international tournament again i dont think it will be because we are clearly the best team (a la Spain in recent years), it will be because its tournament football and anyone at the finals has a chance. Nobody saw Denmark and Greece as potential champions of Europe but it happened, why not England?

out of interest, which performance have you seen from england in the last 5 years which suggests we could beat germany or spain in a competitve match? there are light years in quality between them and england, as seen in the thrashing in the world cup. england are a poor, poor international side suffering badly from the abject lack of technical ability the players have, and outdated tactical thinking which is present at all levels of our game

I agree with you , but just wanted to say , regarding the "thrashing" , momentum is everything in a game of football , and had Lampards goal not been wrongly chalked off , I think we would have gone on to win that game. I might be alone in thinking that , but at that critical moment , we had the upper hand in the game and to level the scores just before half time would have given us the impetus IMO.

This was my point- an over reaction. There are better teams than us, sure. But to suggest we are a poor poor team is in my opinion wrong.

We are in the top 15 (probably higher but I don't want to get in to an argument about who should be higher) in the world out of 210 teams. There are probably 4 or 5 nations that are a long way ahead and the other 9 or 10 we are on par (if not better than) or fractionally behind, but the way people bang on about us you would think we were bottom of the whole pile losing to the likes of San Marino.

In football terms England is no tiny Island.

Smaller nations like the Netherlands produce exceptional players. Spain has less people playing football at various levels than England.

The way kids are coached in this country is relevent not only to the national side, but also BCFC.

Archived