IGNORED

Are We The Relegation Kings?

i hate you butler

since 1980 ive witnessed 6 relegations

has any club been relegated more than us during this time?

Bradford have to be up there surely. Cambridge maybe

Maybe swindon, they like playing snakes and ladders

But also in that time we've had five promotions, now imagine having only four promotion in your history, that is truly depressing.

.... and that's the addictive thing about City. Great times, depressing times, hilarity and frustration aplenty but very rarely boring. Looks like we will be in League One next year - and I for one can't wait for the next thrilling installment...

.... and that's the addictive thing about City. Great times, depressing times, hilarity and frustration aplenty but very rarely boring. Looks like we will be in League One next year - and I for one can't wait for the next thrilling installment...

Same as that, never a dull moment with us.

At least "if" we go down we will get some more local games,rather than 90% of the Championship teams being 100's of miles away.

Three teams have been relegated SEVEN times in the years from 1980 till last season. Southend,Bolton and Birmingham. NINE teams have been relegated SIX times, Swindle,Cardiff,Middlesbro,Wolves,Rotherham,Leicester,Brighton,Notts Co and Sunderland. Then Fourteen teams have been relegated FIVE times, Plymouth,Chesterfield,Swansea.MAN City,Luton.Sheff Utd,Crystal Pal,Norwich,Charlton,Burnley,Derby,W.B.A, Walsall and OURSELVES. The gas are on Four relegations,twice to the basement.

Three teams have been relegated SEVEN times in the years from 1980 till last season. Southend,Bolton and Birmingham. NINE teams have been relegated SIX times, Swindle,Cardiff,Middlesbro,Wolves,Rotherham,Leicester,Brighton,Notts Co and Sunderland. Then Fourteen teams have been relegated FIVE times, Plymouth,Chesterfield,Swansea.MAN City,Luton.Sheff Utd,Crystal Pal,Norwich,Charlton,Burnley,Derby,W.B.A, Walsall and OURSELVES. The gas are on Four relegations,twice to the basement.

The thing that strikes me about those teams is how many of them have had a taste of the Premiership since, even if they are not there now. I'm afraid we really are light years away.

Are you Stephen Fry?

Of 92 clubs - 12 get relegated every season - 13%

At that rate a club can expect to be relegated 4.4 times in 34 seasons

Add to that the fact that we started in the First Division (1980) from which the only way out was down and it can be seen that 6 is far from exceptional.

Looking at it more optimistically (but assuming we go down this year) we will have been relegated just 3 times in 31 seasons since 1982 (average 4.04) and promoted 4 times (average 3.37) - pretty good eh?

Sadly our playoff record always comes back to haunt 0/5!

Archived