IGNORED

Interesting Talk With Ex City Employee Today

TRL

Stating Jon Lansdown hasn't a clue how to run a business. Let alone a football club. Bought in lots of mates into executive positions, but removed experienced and loyal staff to pay for his mates.

Most disgusting of all, the maintenance man that has been there years died earlier in the year. Staff went to the funeral not a single exec turned up.

The place appears rudderless with the leader away from the club. And seems to be bad feeling there.

He didn't mention anything about sexton. But you have to wonder if his face didn't fit with the new young order.

I have no reason to disbelief what this person says.

Who knows!

Stating Jon Lansdown hasn't a clue how to run a business. Let alone a football club. Bought in lots of mates into executive positions, but removed experienced and loyal staff to pay for his mates.

Most disgusting of all, the maintenance man that has been there years died earlier in the year. Staff went to the funeral not a single exec turned up.

The place appears rudderless with the leader away from the club. And seems to be bad feeling there.

He didn't mention anything about sexton. But you have to wonder if his face didn't fit with the new young order.

Who knows!

What reason do you have to believe it?

Not exactly very specific TRL. We know Jon is massively inexperienced, but he is obviously in close contact with his old man.

He's got his best mate Pete Smith on board as 'recruitment analyst', but then Pete has been at the club for years.

From what I've heard the changes being made by Jon and SOD are positive for the future of the club

Who knows!

Can of worms have been well and truly opened.

Not exactly very specific TRL. We know Jon is massively inexperienced, but he is obviously in close contact with his old man.

He's got his best mate Pete Smith on board as 'recruitment analyst', but then Pete has been at the club for years.

From what I've heard the changes being made by Jon and SOD are positive for the future of the club

Granted. It is opinion from within. I do not state it as fact. I couldn't I don't work there.

Who knows!

How about EX employee bitter about being let go?

I know him well. I have never known him lie to me.

I'm not suggesting anybody is lying, I'm asking what qualifications your contact has to enable him/her to arrive at that opinion? If it's an opinion arrived at by the same method as some of the intellectuals on here, than I will take it with a pinch of salt.

There have been quite a few redundancies at BCFC this year so it is inevitable that there will be some ill feeling towards the company. Not saying what TRL says is not true but sometimes people are poisoned against their old employers.

ok so if were being specific about asking for TRL's comments, what do you know that substanitiates your comment above? Steve Lansdown came on the pitch at half time v peterboro and gauranteed us all that 2013 would be a much better year...none of us are seeing that, so what exactly are the changes that you have heard that can give us some encouragement?

There have been quite a few redundancies at BCFC this year so it is inevitable that there will be some ill feeling towards the company. Not saying what TRL says is not true but sometimes people are poisoned against their old employers.

Like I said several times it is opinion.

We get opinions from the club, we get opinions from fans, we get opinions from employees and ex employees.

People believe them or don't.

Hey ho. I a. Sure there are truths there maybe exaggerations. Only individuals ever know the whole truth.

Anyway mods feel free to delete if people don't like this post. Wasn't my intention to piss people off.

ok so if were being specific about asking for TRL's comments, what do you know that substanitiates your comment above? Steve Lansdown came on the pitch at half time v peterboro and gauranteed us all that 2013 would be a much better year...none of us are seeing that, so what exactly are the changes that you have heard that can give us some encouragement?

I'll give you two well publicized ones - high quality training facilities at Failand. New chief scout. A few years ago we were a shambles in both these areas.

I'll give you two well publicized ones - high quality training facilities at Failand. New chief scout. A few years ago we were a shambles in both these areas.

However you dress it up mate we are bottom of the league drifting aimlessly.

This season we have lost a manager, an academy director, a strategic decision on where we will be playing long term, and are about to lose Championship status.

I know you like Jon Lansdown and so do I, from the limited times I met he's a good lad but there is no way on this earth he should be running our football club - and if in reality he's not what is the charade all about.

Yawnnnn.

Ex employee says it all.

Was it Pete Johnson or one of our cutting edge coaches who have 'developed' our very average players into even more average players? Perhaps the Academy, responsible for producing the string of Messi-like startlets who are knocking on the first team door?

Think a bit of ruthlessness is required in our cosy little club. Pity it didn't start with the players though.

I'm 100% behind JL if he's starting a clearout. ... but rather than reinvesting in the same ..... what about ditching the Academy and setting up an old-fashion scouting network to scour the Country for young and (most importantly) hungry players in lower leagues. Then, while we're at it, make sure the next 3 players purchased are real leaders on/off the pitch who can form the backbone of a current rudderless and spineless team and who have the intellegence to think as well as play on the pitch. Only be saying this for 5+ years.

Yawnnnn.

Ex employee says it all.

Was it Pete Johnson or one of our cutting edge coaches who have 'developed' our very average players into even more average players? Perhaps the Academy, responsible for producing the string of Messi-like startlets who are knocking on the first team door?

Think a bit of ruthlessness is required in our cosy little club. Pity it didn't start with the players though.

I'm 100% behind JL if he's starting a clearout. ... but rather than reinvesting in the same ..... what about ditching the Academy and setting up an old-fashion scouting network to scour the Country for young and (most importantly) hungry players in lower leagues. Then, while we're at it, make sure the next 3 players purchased are real leaders on/off the pitch who can form the backbone of a current rudderless and spineless team and who have the intellegence to think as well as play on the pitch. Only be saying this for 5+ years.

Interesting our award winning media department is deemed surplus to requiremnts, as was jayne maggs who was good enough to be hired to deal with ticketing in poland/ukraine.

Just saying like. Not always about the football side of tbings.

TRL understand that ... think the old Media/Ticket Dept was one of the better aspects of the Club.

Wasn't the backroom overhaul done by an outsider to bring us in line with other club 'efficient/effective/modernised set-ups?

That said, sad to see any of them lose employment and sickening that we have useless players picking up obscene wages when talented backroom workers who, no doubt, are paid comparative peanuts are lost.

However you dress it up mate we are bottom of the league drifting aimlessly.

This season we have lost a manager, an academy director, a strategic decision on where we will be playing long term, and are about to lose Championship status.

I know you like Jon Lansdown and so do I, from the limited times I met he's a good lad but there is no way on this earth he should be running our football club - and if in reality he's not what is the charade all about.

Not so Nick, I was critical of Jon in a post I made after attending the AGM in Dec. I agree he is lucky to be in the role he is.

We've had a bad year, but I honestly believe that the appointment of SOD, the restructuring behind the scenes and the development at Failand are positives to take as we move forward.

Who knows!

Are you in Swindon TRL? If so I know exactly who your referring to.

Archived