IGNORED

Interesting Talk With Ex City Employee Today

TRL

Where I am coming from is that over the years many people , myself included, feel that City supporters have been shabbily treated. If you don't feel that you have, well,fair play to you.

Many have complained of feeling taken forgranted, and not being treated as a 'paying customer' should be. Surely you've been aware of this?

We needed to change, or the customer....us....would have gone elsewhere for our entertainment.

If employee change was required to enable this....so be it.

Some employees may feel hard done by, but that's the way the world is at the moment.

My opinion.

That is fact mate. All over city's website. Then they are gone a few months later. Jayne maggs was gone pretty much as she got back from the euros, just weeks after being splashed all across the website say how great she was and how good it was that a Bristol city employee was being recognised in this way.

So I don't know where you are coming from on that basis.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jayne Maggs leave the club rather than being made redundant?

Where I am coming from is that over the years many people , myself included, feel that City supporters have been shabbily treated. If you don't feel that you have, well,fair play to you.

Many have complained of feeling taken forgranted, and not being treated as a 'paying customer' should be. Surely you've been aware of this?

We needed to change, or the customer....us....would have gone elsewhere for our entertainment.

Some employees may feel hard done by, but that's the way the world is at the moment.

My opinion.

I don't disagree with any of that, and have been vocal to that effect concerning the club.

But there are individuals at the club, jayne for instance, who has been nothing but great. There have been glowing endorsements for her many many times. And that was recognised.

Yes there have probably been staff released that needed releasing. But dumping the good staff, and staff that you have commended highly as a club 2 or 3 weeks before, and given her a mouth piece on their own website. Something there is not quite right.

Btw. This is my opinion, not that of my mate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jayne Maggs leave the club rather than being made redundant?

As far as I know she was shat on from a great height. Given the ultimatum to half her salary if she wanted to stay

I seem to remember a petition at the time to try and get her job back and funded properly by a lot of disgruntled fans

My opinion.

I hate the word 'customer' in relation to football, it's just not right !

As far as I know she was shat on from a great height. Given the ultimatum to half her salary if she wanted to stay

I seem to remember a petition at the time to try and get her job back and funded properly by a lot of disgruntled fans

You're right - if I recall it was half the salary and half the staff. Not surprised she left on that basis.

Archived