IGNORED

Interesting Talk With Ex City Employee Today

TRL

TRL understand that ... think the old Media/Ticket Dept was one of the better aspects of the Club.

Wasn't the backroom overhaul done by an outsider to bring us in line with other club 'efficient/effective/modernised set-ups?

That said, sad to see any of them lose employment and sickening that we have useless players picking up obscene wages when talented backroom workers who, no doubt, are paid comparative peanuts are lost.

Maybe. But bought in by who?

Stating Jon Lansdown hasn't a clue how to run a business. Let alone a football club. Bought in lots of mates into executive positions, but removed experienced and loyal staff to pay for his mates.

Most disgusting of all, the maintenance man that has been there years died earlier in the year. Staff went to the funeral not a single exec turned up.

The place appears rudderless with the leader away from the club. And seems to be bad feeling there.

He didn't mention anything about sexton. But you have to wonder if his face didn't fit with the new young order.

I have no reason to disbelief what this person says.

Who knows!

All true, I know of 3 ex-staff down their, 2 popular past long term club employees who will all say the same thing on how it's changed down their behind the scenes and a certain person has too much control with little experence, which wouldn't be so bad but isn't actually willing to listen to those who have been running business since he was in school

Gone are the days of people who actually gave a shit about the club like Beryl Fudge and Jayne, instead we are left with corporate wallys like Oli Barton and Kevin Smith who seem to bumble from one PR disaster to another

don't be surprised to see more exits over the summer

What reason do you have to believe it?

it's the old nepotism thing, innit?

I don't tend to bother with hear-say an I know even less the facts - although I am good on conspiracies.

Think I could believe this because SL puts his own son at the helm of BCFC, it makes sense his son would follow suit and look after his own.

It does not help that the club is dislodged and the fans have never felt so detached.

Could be someone stirring up shit or could be someone wholeheartedly telling the truth.

• Admin

Caretakers funerals :laugh: what a scandal! Oh the humanity

There is a small point here, in that even McInnes flew down to pay his respects.

TRL, the only question I would ask, is if this friend is such a close friend why are they only having this conversation now?

There might be something going on at the Gate and there may be something to this as you have to ask yourself how on earth did Del get another job so quickly with a relatively successful team (Yes I do know it's Scotland etc etc).

What must he of said at the job interview as surely his results on the pitch were truly awful and tactics terrible. Perhaps he managed to blame every thing on the board and execs and gave excuses that his hands were tied and was under orders, couldn't strengthen team .

To those asking about Keith Dawe. This question was put to SL at the Q and A on Wolves. His answer was the only one of the day that made me think, er that's a bit odd. He said Keith doesn't travel or get around much anymore as he suffers with bad gout. Also he said, Keith is the first to admit he isn't a public speaker. Now if I was appointing a chairman, a CV with bad gout and hates public speaking wouldn't find it's way to the top of the pile any time soon. I'm sure he has his qualities but chairman?

There is a small point here, in that even McInnes flew down to pay his respects.

TRL, the only question I would ask, is if this friend is such a close friend why are they only having this conversation now?

I have not seen him for a while, chatted to him enough but not so much about football, anyway we were airing our opinions on the way city were going before the match, and he started coming out with stuff.

I try not to speak too much about city with him, as it kind of got boring seeing he worked there and then had to chat to me about work. There are many things I could have posted here in the past, but have kept sctum because he was working at the club.

There might be something going on at the Gate and there may be something to this as you have to ask yourself how on earth did Del get another job so quickly with a relatively successful team (Yes I do know it's Scotland etc etc).

What must he of said at the job interview as surely his results on the pitch were truly awful and tactics terrible. Perhaps he managed to blame every thing on the board and execs and gave excuses that his hands were tied and was under orders, couldn't strengthen team .

If I remember rightly, he was championed by Sexton, and it seems Del had a lot of time for Sexton. always seemed strange to me, that one that was so integral in getting Del here, left a month or so later.

All conspiricy theories eh :)

People are calling for us to get rid of the 'dead wood' players, sooner rather than later.

Looks like it's already started with the office staff.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

My opinion.

Deadwood as in award winning media department, and head hunted to the euros, not sure I would call that deadwood to be fair.

Stating Jon Lansdown hasn't a clue how to run a business. Let alone a football club. Bought in lots of mates into executive positions, but removed experienced and loyal staff to pay for his mates.

Most disgusting of all, the maintenance man that has been there years died earlier in the year. Staff went to the funeral not a single exec turned up.

The place appears rudderless with the leader away from the club. And seems to be bad feeling there.

He didn't mention anything about sexton. But you have to wonder if his face didn't fit with the new young order.

I have no reason to disbelief what this person says.

Who knows!

I know this is spot on, and it's a shame people bury their heads in the sand, and brown nose the Lansdowns all the time, when good people at the club have been treated with no respect what so ever.

I know of ex phisio's, players, coaches and office staff all who have nothing but contempt for the club, and it's present regime.

I heard Warnock this morning siting a reason he left Leeds is because there are few people who know football behind the scenes on the board, and a massive gulf between boardroom, managers, players and fans.

You always used to get a reply in the old days when you took time to write a letter about something, these days it probably goes straight in the bin, as I've written to raise concern about things and never had the courtesy of a reply.

Michael Owen said last week what's released in the press is the club's spin on a situation, and they always want to be seen taking the moral high ground, when the opposite is in fact true.

The current bunch have as much knowledge as Venkeys, and are responsible for the current mess, and deserve everything coming their way.

I know this is spot on, and it's a shame people bury their heads in the sand, and brown nose the Lansdowns all the time, when good people at the club have been treated with no respect what so ever.

I know of ex phisio's, players, coaches and office staff all who have nothing but contempt for the club, and it's present regime.

I heard Warnock this morning siting a reason he left Leeds is because there are few people who know football behind the scenes on the board, and a massive gulf between boardroom, managers, players and fans.

You always used to get a reply in the old days when you took time to write a letter about something, these days it probably goes straight in the bin, as I've written to raise concern about things and never had the courtesy of a reply.

Michael Owen said last week what's released in the press is the club's spin on a situation, and they always want to be seen taking the moral high ground, when the opposite is in fact true.

The current bunch have as much knowledge as Venkeys, and are responsible for the current mess, and deserve everything coming their way.

Rowley, re the BIB, while ultimately the buck stops with Steve Lansdown, I don't think that is completely fair, as Lansdown jnr in particular is a lifelong fan and will be gutted, as we all are, with the club's plight just now. Also, SL has ploughed his money into the club with the genuine desire to see it sucessfull - and not just for the financial rewards it would bring to him and his family.

However, I do agree with your comments about the way the club is run. The problem is that this seems to be a growing problem with many clubs, the more so the further up the league ladder you go. Especially with the impact of ffp, we all understand that clubs need to be run in a business like way, but it does seems that in many cases the baby had been thrown out with the bathwater and that people who know about football are leaving clubs to be replaced by people who know about business and bu55er all about football..

I heard a comment on the radio a few weeks ago that summed things up pretty well. The quote was from a retired pro and he said that in his day a football club also happened to be a business, whereas nowadays they are businesses that just happen to be football clubs.

I know Buster Footman was treated poorly, I don't think he has gone back, yet lives so close by.

Now he is a city legend.

Buster was invited back before Christmas for the first time since he was sacked, so at least they've attmpted to build bridges there.

The point is why treat them so shabbily in the first place?

You should always treat such people with respect, as they've earned it and deserve to be treated accordingly, not thrown out the door with no thank you for 20 odd years loyal service.

I supported this club well over 40 years and it makes me highly embarrassed and angry, when good people are treated so badly.

There's a right way and a wrong way, and City always seem to want to be seen in a good light.

Look at the laughable Gary Johnson sacking press conference, where else would you see such a circus?

I've said for years Steve Lansdown needs a right hand man, with proper experience of running a big club to help him out, like a David Dein, not inexperienced young kids, and puppets.

We all want the very best for this club, but until there is a change in their attitude to people, and some respect shown, they are reaping what they have sown.

Karma I think it's called.

enlighten us jt

Not my bag to name names on a forum, It doesn't do the admin of this place any favours either but all I'll say is in the same way there are rumours and stories about Buster being treated badly there are similar stories of people feeling treated badly by Buster.

I personally don't believe it, or at least think it would be unintentional stuff that was misconstrued by the aforementioned person. But there we go.

I met Buster once when I got to go into the Changing rooms at AG to meet the players as a kid. Was lovely to me that day, pretty sure he was one of the signatures I got myself!

the rudderless ship was in a bad shape long before all the reduntaces etc, it was becoming rudderless when Johnson left,

It stayed the old boy club right up until Millen left and now its SoDs turn,

Behind the scenes has been a shambles for 6 or 7 years and not just since JL has taken over,

People don't like change and this post smells of that,

• Admin

Not my bag to name names on a forum, It doesn't do the admin of this place any favours either but all I'll say is in the same way there are rumours and stories about Buster being treated badly there are similar stories of people feeling treated badly by Buster.

OK, don't name any names, but what had you heard?

OK, don't name any names, but what had you heard?

Only thing i ever heard was that he sometimes treated player a bit like there were is marine buddies, pushed them and treated them a bit too much hardened men than was appreciated.

But that was a passing statement from someone I knew. Now departed.

.........all I'll say is in the same way there are rumours and stories about Buster being treated badly there are similar stories of people feeling treated badly by Buster.

I personally don't believe it, or at least think it would be unintentional stuff that was misconstrued by the aforementioned person. But there we go......

Think you've inadvertently made a misleading comment there.

The OP concerns stories/rumours of poor leadership, low staff morale, a dont care attitude, jobs for the boys and an inability to run a business or football club.

I doubt there's any similarities in what Buster Footman is supposed to have done, and frankly I cannot believe that a legend such as him should even be smeared by being brought into this!

Think you've inadvertently made a misleading comment there.

The OP concerns stories/rumours of poor leadership, low staff morale, a dont care attitude, jobs for the boys and an inability to run a business or football club.

I doubt there's any similarities in what Buster Footman is supposed to have done, and frankly I cannot believe that a legend such as him should even be smeared by being brought into this!

Indeed, probably shouldn't have said a thing Nick, I was just responding to TRL after he wrongly claimed Buster hadn't been back when he was on the pitch the other week (?) That was why the old story was brought up in the area I sit anyway.

Much of a nothingness anyway, I've met Buster as a child and he were a top bloke. Had plenty of time for me whilst I waited as far as I can remember. Then again, I was about 7 at the time!

Deadwood as in award winning media department, and head hunted to the euros, not sure I would call that deadwood to be fair.

Do you always beleive everything you are told by disgruntled ex employees?

If the person you're having this conversation with is that good, he'll be ok.

We all know all is not well at the Gate, so maybe that is why changes are being made.

Time to move on eh?

Clearly he wasn't happy with being let go... When I leave a job there is usually a reason that I started looking around in the first place so wouldn't have much nice to say about them. If I'd have been given the boot I'd have even less nice things to say! I'd think most if not all of us can think of a time when they have slagged off a previous employer for what ever reason

Do you always beleive everything you are told by disgruntled ex employees?

If the person you're having this conversation with is that good, he'll be ok.

We all know all is not well at the Gate, so maybe that is why changes are being made.

Time to move on eh?

That is fact mate. All over city's website. Then they are gone a few months later. Jayne maggs was gone pretty much as she got back from the euros, just weeks after being splashed all across the website say how great she was and how good it was that a Bristol city employee was being recognised in this way.

So I don't know where you are coming from on that basis.

Archived