IGNORED

Pre Season Tour To...

last time we went to Africa we came back with Henri McKop, but failed to bring Agent Sawu. I remeber being so excited about the prospect of Sawu. I Just had a look at his career, seems he couldn't score anywhere near as many outside of Africa.

Do I see a name change to Botswana Dragons in the near future?

Come on, try and be original. I was thinking something more like Bostwana Red Birds, then change our seats in the stadium to blue...

To be fair though, it's a very good community challenge opportunity!

Quite a long way for 2 games?

more about forging links over there, its going to be very good PR for the club if done correctly,

The fact that we are the very first British team to be invited to play over while not headline grabbing over here its still something proud of, at a time where everyone is highly critical of off field issues at the club,

If they can get a package together for the trip it is something I would consider always wanted to go to africa

Absolute waste of time.

Playing the Township Rollers and Mochudi Centre Chiefs are really going to test us and see where we're at for the upcoming season!

This needs to be a serious campaign.

We need away games at hard to go places like Carlisle, Crawley, Accrington etc etc, and WIN, get some momentum and confidence up.

No good having a jolly in African winning 8-0 because we'll start the season like a sinking stone IMO.

Absolute waste of time.

Playing the Township Rollers and Mochudi Centre Chiefs are really going to test us and see where we're at for the upcoming season!

This needs to be a serious campaign.

We need away games at hard to go places like Carlisle, Crawley, Accrington etc etc, and WIN, get some momentum and confidence up.

No good having a jolly in African winning 8-0 because we'll start the season like a sinking stone IMO.

this isn't about the football being played to be honest its more a good will mission to a country thats never had a british team play there,

I wonder if man u fans post the same when they go to china?

this will be our first pre-season games so it will be about team building bonding and fitness,

But go ahead and moan

Travelled round Botswanna and neighboring countries in a army truck for a few months.

Botswanna and Gaberone the capaital are more developed than Malawi, Zimbabawe, Zambia etc, good roads, safe, shops actually have things to buy, no power cuts ... AND CIDER EXISTS THERE.

Nightlife is limited. Wimmin in clubs .. Can lack teeth and want paying.

People are exceptionally friendly.

DO NOT give lifts to obviously very gay Australians carrying fans and little dainty umbrellas ... It is not popular.

Travelled round Botswanna and neighboring countries in a army truck for a few months.

Botswanna and Gaberone the capaital are more developed than Malawi, Zimbabawe, Zambia etc, good roads, safe, shops actually have things to buy, no power cuts ... AND CIDER EXISTS THERE.

DO NOT give lifts to obviously very gay Australians carrying fans and little dainty umbrellas ... It is not popular.

So how much did you pay for a gum job?

Sounds like Kingswood to me.

Least the weather will be nice!

It's the middle of their winter - and if it's anything like Johannesburg or Bloemfontein during the 2010 World Cup (both at altitude, as is Gaborone) it'll be more than a bit parky at night!

I can just imagine it backfiring and th ewhole team down with malaria come season kick off.

No malaria risk in Gaborone!

Archived