IGNORED

Pre Season Tour To...

• Admin

this isn't about the football being played to be honest its more a good will mission to a country thats never had a british team play there,

I wonder if man u fans post the same when they go to china?

this will be our first pre-season games so it will be about team building bonding and fitness,

But go ahead and moan

There is no way you can compare this trip to what Man Utd do!

They go to places as they have a massive support, and milk millions of pounds not just from merchandise but from TV rights that are sold to these countries.

A good will mission YES, it appears SL has some sort of connection out there, so expect this idea has been in the pipeline for a while now.

Not sure why the community part of our club was mentioned, hardly doing anything for the local community and can't see us making anything out of this other than being a nice good will gesture

Absolute waste of time.

Playing the Township Rollers and Mochudi Centre Chiefs are really going to test us and see where we're at for the upcoming season!

This needs to be a serious campaign.

We need away games at hard to go places like Carlisle, Crawley, Accrington etc etc, and WIN, get some momentum and confidence up.

No good having a jolly in African winning 8-0 because we'll start the season like a sinking stone IMO.

We'll probably lose

It's the middle of their winter - and if it's anything like Johannesburg or Bloemfontein during the 2010 World Cup (both at altitude, as is Gaborone) it'll be more than a bit parky at night!

No malaria risk in Gaborone!

That it maybe. Unless of course the go sight seeing oop north :)

this isn't about the football being played to be honest its more a good will mission to a country thats never had a british team play there,

I wonder if man u fans post the same when they go to china?

this will be our first pre-season games so it will be about team building bonding and fitness,

But go ahead and moan

Haha, well if you think we're in a position to spread goodwill and cheer, so be it.

How much merchandise revenue will Man Utd benefit from such a trip?

What are we gonna do, flog Ashton Gate mugs whilst we're there?

I will moan, waste of money that the club doesnt have.

Mrs Tembe will be pleased (and if you know what I'm on about, you're even sadder than me )!

I know what you're on about... Sadly

I'm seriously thinking about going the more I think about it... Just need this package they're going to put together to be well-priced. I thought Sweden was an exotic place for us to go!

The cheapest flights i can find are £850 but seems you cant get there in less than 20 hours total travelling as nothing direct from uk. Hopefully Lansdown will lay his jet on for nothing haha.

Flying to Zimbabwe or South Africa cuts that in half.

Then ... Overnight bus.

Bit of adventure is the matutu [shared taxi van] .. For those with true grit only.

The Mochudi Centre Chiefs are current league leaders, but on reviewing their league table via http://www.enole.co.bw/ I have come to the conclusion their team names are drawn at random or made up each season by a recovering crack addict.

Whilst we're lucky to be spared a game against Prisons XI (you could field a decent English Football League team with that criteria) we must surely try to get a game against "Miscellaneous" just to confuse the record books. Come on Steve L, make it happen.

1 Mochudi Centre Chiefs 80
2 Nico United 76
3 Gaborone United 69
4 Ecco City Green 67
5 Extension Gunners 61
6 BDF XI 62
7 BMC 57
8 Motlakase 50
9 Township Rollers 45
10 TAFIC 41
11 Miscellaneous 42
12 UF Santos 36
13 Mogoditshane Fighters 36
14 Prisons XI 36
15 Notwane 33
16 BR Highlanders 10

Their 2005/06 Premier League champions were "Police XI". They're not in the top flight anymore but "Prisons XI" are. I wonder what the games are like when they play. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botswana_Premier_League

Further, a quick look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Botswana tells me that the "Medrescue First Division South" contains a team simply called "Naughty Boys".

For winding up our opponents, Mochudi Centre Chiefs local rivals are Mochudi Buffaloes and Mochudi Eastern Tigers who both play in the same division as "Naughty Boys".

The Mochudi Centre Chiefs are current league leaders, but on reviewing their league table via http://www.enole.co.bw/ I have come to the conclusion their team names are drawn at random or made up each season by a recovering crack addict.

Whilst we're lucky to be spared a game against Prisons XI (you could field a decent English Football League team with that criteria) we must surely try to get a game against "Miscellaneous" just to confuse the record books. Come on Steve L, make it happen.

1 Mochudi Centre Chiefs 80

2 Nico United 76

3 Gaborone United 69

4 Ecco City Green 67

5 Extension Gunners 61

6 BDF XI 62

7 BMC 57

8 Motlakase 50

9 Township Rollers 45

10 TAFIC 41

11 Miscellaneous 42

12 UF Santos 36

13 Mogoditshane Fighters 36

14 Prisons XI 36

15 Notwane 33

16 BR Highlanders 10

Must be Bristol Rovers Highlanders

last time we went to Africa we came back with Henri McKop, but failed to bring Agent Sawu. I remeber being so excited about the prospect of Sawu. I Just had a look at his career, seems he couldn't score anywhere near as many outside of Africa.

Henry McKop came from Liverppol on a free!!!!

I cant open link, is this serious of an overipe april fool joke?

Anways, good shout if true and one things for sure, those guys will teach us a thing or two about fitness and stamina, anyone in the City squad with an ounce of fat on him with me made to look like a fat slow warthog and mocked and they run circiles around you.

The talent in Africa, even at this level shamessome British players who seem in comparrison, generally fat, avarage, no skilled light weights whos best attribute is rage.

Archived