IGNORED

Why Bother Going?

Prestbury c of c

I normally go tot he last home game of the season - but feel kinda deflated at the moment, I will probably go, but a midtable safe side and an already relegated team (can't see how it will be anything other) will probably mot be a great game, and the players have left me feeling a little bitter atm....... maybe it'll change, but at the moment, I can't see myself going.

Thank you Alex. You are a proper BCFC fan.

Me too.

You can be a fan of the club but not the current playing squad or regime.

BCFC is bigger than the 11 on the pitch, or x,y and z on the board and so attendance does not make you a bigger/better fan... In fact (and we may learn this with hindsight) voting with your feet and staying away and pressing for change may even make you a better fan than a rose-tinted happy-clapper.

BCFC is bigger than the 11 on the pitch, or x,y and z on the board and so attendance does not make you a bigger/better fan... In fact (and we may learn this with hindsight) voting with your feet and staying away and pressing for change may even make you a better fan than a rose-tinted happy-clapper.

I'm not. I may call for changes, but I still am a BCFC fan and have been since conception!

That means I go to the matches and support the side

Other people can do whatever they like. I understand Manchester United are quite successful...

I'm not. I may call for changes, but I still am a BCFC fan and have been since conception!

That means I go to the matches and support the side

Other people can do whatever they like. I understand Manchester United are quite successful...

Jolly for you.

You think you're a great fan all high and mighty but to me you sound like an absolute mug and part of the reason football has gone to the toilet. Balls to how I'm treated or the crap I'm served I'm a great fan because I stand on the touchline and cheer.

Whoopy for you - personally I call for better because I think I deserve, and demand, better. I'm not going to pay for Hunt and Fontaine to fleece money from my club and I'm not going to stand by idly cheering on the touchline when they are completely lacking in application. I wouldn't he half as disillusioned if they gave a crap or tried so don't pull that Man U bullcrap. YOU can be half the problem by allowing this crap to continue!

Jolly for you.

You think you're a great fan all high and mighty but to me you sound like an absolute mug and part of the reason football has gone to the toilet. Balls to how I'm treated or the crap I'm served I'm a great fan because I stand on the touchline and cheer.

Whoopy for you - personally I call for better because I think I deserve, and demand, better. I'm not going to pay for Hunt and Fontaine to fleece money from my club and I'm not going to stand by idly cheering on the touchline when they are completely lacking in application. I wouldn't he half as disillusioned if they gave a crap or tried so don't pull that Man U bullcrap. YOU can be half the problem by allowing this crap to continue!

Spot on, enough said!

I've been watching city since 1958 which was a relegation season and I was 10 years old.we went from the 2nd to the 3rd division then where we have spent most of our time apart from the heady days of the 70's.My Dad watched them from the 20's til the middle 50's when were 3rd division south.We are what we are and will always be a yo yo team between the 2nd and the 3rd.

Jolly for you.

You probably go to 1 game a season anyway, if other fans choose to SUPPORT the club through thick and thin how are they mugs?

Bang on the button.

City is my team but I am ashamed of what the current bunch are doing.

With Lansdown's cash we should be flying.

Cooper built a far better side for 40p.

Jolly for you.

That is spot on. Great post. Those that think they are supporting, in reality are feeding the greed and the power hungry.

They are a hyena's favourite food.

Fair do's they think they are doing the right thing. But I believe that view is ever so short sighted

I have huge respect for those who will go again this season. That's what I used to be like, a proper diehard.

I now live in London, don't have the money to watch many games and I knew deep down the Wednesday game would be the last I saw of City as a Championship club for a while. I could go to Charlton away on the last game, but I can't justify the cost - if we had something to play for, I'd be there, but I'm not wasting £30 plus on this bunch of bottlers to clap them off the pitch for an abject season. I have no desire to go again until a lot of those players have been shipped out.

Call me a part-timer, but I don't have a second team in the Prem - City are my only team, always have been, but I've had enough and need a break from the footy. The end of the season can't come quickly enough, and I've felt like this for a few weeks now.

Jolly for you.

When was the last time you went....1956?

You know what I mean. And in answer to your question last week, and not because it was cheap but because I have a season ticket and had done so for more years than I care to brag about.

I'll be there. Through thick and thin.

Well done pal. Amazing that when City do well, thousands sing "We'll support you evermore" and join in the refrain from "One for the Bristol City": "If they win or if they lose we'll follow them through and through".

Now there's talk on here of booing OUR team onto the pitch!

Well done pal. Amazing that when City do well, thousands sing "We'll support you evermore" and join in the refrain from "One for the Bristol City": "If they win or if they lose we'll follow them through and through".

Now there's talk on here of booing OUR team onto the pitch!

We don't mind losing, or winning for that matter... however, what most of us normal fans do mind is seeing a bunch of players not put the effort in, ALL SEASON and get us relegated, and picking up more money in a month than most fans pick up in a year in the process, the same players who wont accept ANY responsibility for this season and will try and anchor for a move away ASAP as soon as the season ends whilst being ripped off by our lovely board year after year... and we are expected to cheer like everything is ok? **** that.

Thank you Alex. You are a proper BCFC fan.

Me too.

This is why we have such divided fans... this mentality of "be there or you're not a fan "real fan"".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I almost lost my sight after being bricked in the face and repeatedly stamped on for wearing a Bristol City shirt just because of where I live, my father almost died after he was bottled in the head and it hit an artery for being identified as a City fan whilst at an away game when he was younger and when either of us decide we've had enough of the club not doing what is best for the fans we're suddenly tagged as "not real BCFC fans"... get off your high horse and stop talking such s***.

when we went through the bad years all those relegations i really was one of the 1,500 at the gate against torquay when we really were bottom of the league

I don't recall this, and I would have been there. The lowest attendance I remember at the time (80's) was 2,777 (I think) verses Northampton. When did this happen please?

I don't recall this, and I would have been there. The lowest attendance I remember at the time (80's) was 2,777 (I think) verses Northampton. When did this happen please?

The crowd was 3041, Torquay scored in the first minute and held on, oh and it was raining.

This is why we have such divided fans... this mentality of "be there or you're not a fan "real fan"".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I almost lost my sight after being bricked in the face and repeatedly stamped on for wearing a Bristol City shirt just because of where I live, my father almost died after he was bottled in the head and it hit an artery for being identified as a City fan whilst at an away game when he was younger and when either of us decide we've had enough of the club not doing what is best for the fans we're suddenly tagged as "not real BCFC fans"... get off your high horse and stop talking such s***.

Don't let it get to you mate, there will always be people who think they are far more superior than you and i, that is life and modern day society!

You probably go to 1 game a season anyway, if other fans choose to SUPPORT the club through thick and thin how are they mugs?

What are you the king of generalising - "you all goto 1 game a season, and all support Man Utd - look at me , look at me I'm a real supporter" you sound like a pretty dumb **** to be honest.

Archived