IGNORED

Davies-Lazy Or Unfit(Or Both)?

Prestbury c of c

I think it is obvious that his fitness (although I think any claims of being overweight or lazy are incorrect) is an issue, and he is simply incapable of leading the line alone for 90 minutes.

I do think he is a very good player though and has impressed me far more than Baldock, but he does have obvious limitations to his game. In a team as poor as ours you need to to have an outlet in order to get you up the pitch and release pressure, certainly away from home, and Davies isn't able to perform the job required from a centre forward in our team. I usually despair when fans instantly look for loan signings whenever we are playing poorly, but I thought it was obvious that with Taylor and Stead out injured we needed to bring in a proper, old fashioned centre forward.

I hope we manage to keep hold of him, although I doubt it, and I feel he could score for fun in League 1 playing in a City team that you would hope are playing much better football and on top of games far more than we have been in the last few seasons at this level.

I was a big fan of Brett, but I would say Davies is probably an improvement on him. I would have to question however why McInnes spent so much time and money on signing Davies if he thought Pitman was such a waste of space. They have very similar strengths and weaknesses and it was obvious that signings strikers was not a priority in any way.

Archived