IGNORED

Davies-Lazy Or Unfit(Or Both)?

Prestbury c of c

Is it me or is he as slow and lethargic today as the day he joined?another poor expensive signing.To think GJ turned down Kevin Phillips as he was too old-what a joke this club has become with probably the most and worst signings I can remember.Oh and how is Brett pitman doing since we bombed him out for peanuts?pathetic and embarrasing.

Why didn't we get a loan replacement for Stead and the perma-injured Baldock. SOD's explanations of everything seem to go missing on that one.

Because we're trying to cut money, and rightly so. Luckily we've got a highly rated manager who appreciates that and people still wanna pick holes in what he's trying to do.

Because we're trying to cut money, and rightly so. Luckily we've got a highly rated manager who appreciates that and people still wanna pick holes in what he's trying to do.

I know we're trying to save money but you do need to field a team and bench..... If you had any aspiration of staying up. The very least we could have not loaned Burns.

I had high hopes of Davies. When he scored 8 goals in 11 games back in Sept - Nov I thought we had ourselves a player.

However, for me he's been poor since then.

Only completed 90 mins on 7 occasions.

Listening to the commentary of the Derby game last week on Rams Player, the commentators were laughing at the bloke - they were glad to have been shot of him.

As I said, I honestly thought he would be great for us, but I'm afraid, for me, he's just not cut it for the majority of the season.

Davies isn't a player who will run 10k a game for you, that isn't his strength. He is classy on the ball, and has great technique. We are simply not playing to his strengths, he's not a loan front man.

I know that is mainly the case, but it's turning into an excuse for are endless line of under performing strikers..

Baldock has had many chances to stick it in the net, but misses.. same as davies. I'm afraid it's the quality of the striker iswell

He had a new contract, Clough and all the fans wanted to keep him and viewed him as their best striker... it was Davies who wanted to leave.

Bang on.

When you break it down, we bought a reject from a club at our level and, surprise surprise, he's not all that great. Funnily enough Nigel Clough's judgement of a player was better than McInnes's. Also if we wanted a Pitman-a-like why didn't we keep and play Pitman.

Nigel Clough did his absolute best to get Davies to stay.....not sure what your on about.

Is it me or is he as slow and lethargic today as the day he joined?another poor expensive signing.To think GJ turned down Kevin Phillips as he was too old-what a joke this club has become with probably the most and worst signings I can remember.Oh and how is Brett pitman doing since we bombed him out for peanuts?pathetic and embarrasing.

You do realise that the reasons that a lot of City fans didn't rate Pitman and were not unhappy when he left are the very same reasons that you are applying to Davies?

For the record, I was always a Pitman fan and was gutted when we let him go...

...I am also a Davies fan....

Sounds like his performance at Wolves.He gave up completely in the second half.He is half the player that John Stead is.Waste of money but then again look at the idiot that signed him.

Davies isn't a player who will run 10k a game for you, that isn't his strength. He is classy on the ball, and has great technique. We are simply not playing to his strengths, he's not a loan front man.

That description reminds me of another left footed front man that we didn't use to his strengths.....

trying to save money? is that why we signed Brian Howard and never use him? couldn't a striker have been loaned in with that money and the wages we're saving with 3 out on loan?

Archived