IGNORED

Stephen Lansdown

Redstoke

I see that he has now become a billionaire.steph (steve) proclaims to be a city fan,he may well be but how is it possible to become a league 1 team again with a so called fan who has that amount of cash under his belt? im no buisnessman but im pretty sure that i could guarantee championship football with half of the wealth this man has,it does make you wonder what the hell he is doing.

I see that he has now become a billionaire.steph (steve) proclaims to be a city fan,he may well be but how is it possible to become a league 1 team again with a so called fan who has that amount of cash under his belt? im no buisnessman but im pretty sure that i could guarantee championship football with half of the wealth this man has,it does make you wonder what the hell he is doing.

So think he should invest more money in the club?

The new FFP rules are stopping him.

Sigh, when are these Financial Fair Play rules going to sink in with our fans?

If you have yet to grasp it, next season could be one almighty shock for you.

Ffp means bugger all. A transfer embargo, pah bloody pathetic, means rich owners if they really want to can get all the players in early. Take a big financial hit in fines and still go for broke.

If you want real ffp, failure to obey it should result in lost points, not transfer embargoes and fines

What more does the guy need to do to demonstrate his commitment? IMO he owes this club nothing although many fans feel that he owes them the shirt off his back

If he owes the club nothing, why did he feel it necessary to remove the financial and ownership safe guards, start splitting up the assets and then rack up loan debts to himself?

He got control through the back door somehow. It is now his club, not ours. He can do wtf he likes with it as far as I am concerned. He has been ripping it apart slowly but surely since he arrived. Big speeches are worthless unless backed up. Which invariably they are not.

Ffp means bugger all. A transfer embargo, pah bloody pathetic, means rich owners if they really want to can get all the players in early. Take a big financial hit in fines and still go for broke.

If you want real ffp, failure to obey it should result in lost points, not transfer embargoes and fines

It might mean bugger all to some but the club we support have decided the only way to move forward long term is to abide my these rules and significantly reduce our losses.

So I stand by my comment, If people don't accept it, then they could be in for a shock.

If he owes the club nothing, why did he feel it necessary to remove the financial and ownership safe guards, start splitting up the assets and then rack up loan debts to himself?

He got control through the back door somehow. It is now his club, not ours. He can do wtf he likes with it as far as I am concerned. He has been ripping it apart slowly but surely since he arrived. Big speeches are worthless unless backed up. Which invariably they are not.

Well said, and for me the 'joint venture' with the egg chasers is the final straw

Take your rugby club and your debt that you are highly responsible for and build yourself a little stadium for your new toy,one that's got nothing to do with BCFC.

The man is so desperate to leave a legacy.

We are Bristol City Football Club, not Bristol Sports United Football Club.

We were told we were having a BCFC wedlocks pub in our football stadium, now its a shitty sports bar.

Grrrr

I think he's being found out, he's not the great messiah many people would have us all believe, but I'm afraid he isn't going anywhere, the fact we'll have the Rugby club playing at our ground means he has no intention of selling up in the near future. I think the club needs a new direction, starting from the top, there's a lot of free loaders that should be ousted. We need someone with genuine drive who truly loves the club, which I'm afraid SL doesn't. If he did he'd be seriously alarmed at what's going.

Well said, and for me the 'joint venture' with the egg chasers is the final straw

Take your rugby club and your debt that you are highly responsible for and build yourself a little stadium for your new toy,one that's got nothing to do with BCFC.

The man is so desperate to leave a legacy.

We are Bristol City Football Club, not Bristol Sports United Football Club.

We were told we were having a BCFC wedlocks pub in our football stadium, now its a shitty sports bar.

Grrrr

You won't be very popular on here for saying that, but I agree 100%.

I think he's being found out, he's not the great messiah many people would have us all believe, but I'm afraid he isn't going anywhere, the fact we'll have the Rugby club playing at our ground means he has no intention of selling up in the near future. I think the club needs a new direction, starting from the top, there's a lot of free loaders that should be ousted. We need someone with genuine drive who truly loves the club, which I'm afraid SL doesn't. If he did he'd be seriously alarmed at what's going.

The problem is after all his involvement with BCFC, he still didn't understand that history,heritage,pride,passion are important. Don't dreamlike he has got a connection with football. He just wants a lasting legacy.

The problem is after all his involvement with BCFC, he still didn't understand that history,heritage,pride,passion are important. Don't dreamlike he has got a connection with football. He just wants a lasting legacy.

Spot on, I don't know of this has always been his agenda, but over the last three years his commitment has been in a rapid decline.

Agree with much that has been said on here. We are a directionless, ruderless club.

Are we any better off than when lansdown took over? Not really. We are in debt with many fans alienated (although accept that is a trend across football). We have no idea who is really calling the shots, we have a faceless board other than a not-long-out-of-nappies daddy's boy.

He, or those around him, absolutely stuffed up Ashton Vale to the highest order. He could have got a PR manager to see it through, or even let the land to a farmer or himself so it had been subject to commercial use and negate the village green argument but failed.

We now appear to be heading full steam ahead into redeveloping the Gate, which although it looks nice HE told us was not viable and was absolutely not an option - even though it is now seemingly Plan A.

Let's not forget he is an exile and a majority shareholder but not chairman or a board member. So how undermined are the board presumably?

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the cash he has stumped up and appreciate the efforts he has put in, but since he did one we have been in massive decline. You could say it happened under Johnson, you could say it was post-Coppell but also around that time he cleared off and since then his interest has increasingly appeared to diminish.

Personally from the highs and goodwill of a few years ago I think he may end up leaving us with a damaged reputation because mistakes have been made... Monumental mistakes. I thank him for trying, and I wish I had the cash to try myself but I don't, but it seems all the gear (£'s) and no idea and I would like to see the club under new leadership. Unfortunately that seems unlikely so the next best is to hope for a consultant to come in.

His Son has no idea and is slowly bringing in his mates and is pushing out the real Football Men like Walshy and with him going to the Gas makes it all the harder to swallow. I see some bloody tough times ahead but CTID so will be there through thick and thin

I love tge fact that everybody's who's moaning has not offered 1 soloution as to what they would do.

We have been relegated, get over it, SL has made some bad decisions but he's still the right man for me.

You will all be moaning much more if we end up being owned by chicken farmers.

I love tge fact that everybody's who's moaning has not offered 1 soloution as to what they would do.

We have been relegated, get over it, SL has made some bad decisions but he's still the right man for me.

You will all be moaning much more if we end up being owned by chicken farmers.

Agree with this. I certainly can't blame the guy - I was happy with Coppell, I wanted MicInnes in and I was and still am happy with O'Driscoll. The only decision I wouldn't have made was appointing Millen.

Someone said earlier we are the 6th highest payers of transfer fees in the division. Dont know if that is right but he has ALWAYS backed his managers financially.

I'm not sure what more he can do to be fair?

Who in their right mind would want to buy the club anyway?

And with regards to the Rugby lot, I understand why some don't like it but I welcome them. It's taken an income away from the Gas and I have always taken an interest in how they get on. I will even get to a few games now that they moving to AG.

Spot on, I don't know of this has always been his agenda, but over the last three years his commitment has been in a rapid decline.

If the rumours that are going round are true then BCFC needs to take a proper look at itself. The board are a joke and SL needs to sort it out or move on NOW.

To those that say without SL we would be ****ed i will reply with this....

When he took over we were a league 1 club with minimal debt and owned our own ground. Next season we will be a league 1 club again, over 40 million in debt and DONT own our ground anymore.

As far as i am concerned his time owning the club has been a huge mistake.

If the rumours that are going round are true then BCFC needs to take a proper look at itself. The board are a joke and SL needs to sort it out or move on NOW.

To those that say without SL we would be ****ed i will reply with this....

When he took over we were a league 1 club with minimal debt and owned our own ground. Next season we will be a league 1 club again, over 40 million in debt and DONT own our ground anymore.

As far as i am concerned his time owning the club has been a huge mistake.

The 40m debt is to Steve L, how's he ever going to get it back? We have no assests worth that much.

The 40m debt is to Steve L, how's he ever going to get it back? We have no assests worth that much.

Its still debt that has been built up under his leadership due to his bad decisions. The fact of the matter is that he knows business investments but does not understand football and the losses that have been racked up prove this. I should hope he does absorb the debt as as far as i am concerned it is his debt.

We now longer own our own ground and now have to share it with Bristol Rugby. Some of our fans might not have an issue with this BUT I DO and I will put money on that AV or the AG redevelopment does not happen

Well I will bet that it most definitely will happen, all football clubs are in debt, he's had a go and we have currently got it wrong , he's made mistakes but all in saying is be carefull what you wish for.

Well i did not wish for the situation we are in now. Relegated with lack of leadership, 40 million in debt and not owning our ground that we now have to share. It cant get much worse.

Before Lansdown we were in a better financial situation.....oh and owned our own ground......oh and didn't have to share the ground we owned with egg chasers.

Why's everyone suddenly banging on about the ground? What's the difference the change happened ages ago and does it really make a difference?

I think the guy has and continues to show alot of ambition and loyalty which has been part and parcel of us getting into the debt were in, his debt....

Lets face it he tried, he failed but the positive for me is that he's still focused on the future of the club irrespective of the stadium debarcle. He deserves our support.

Archived