IGNORED

Stephen Lansdown

Redstoke

Every administratior will keep the ground and club together if possible as the club is not that great a concern without the ground. So splitting the two for that reason is pointless

But how can the administrator punish the company who owns the ground when it is City who are in the debt? I'm confused. It seems as though my land lord would lose his property if I went bank corrupt, surely not.

But how can the administrator punish the company who owns the ground when it is City who are in the debt? I'm confused. It seems as though my land lord would lose his property if I went bank corrupt, surely not.

But that would mean you were your own landlord wouldn't it. So you wouldn't lose it.

How it would stand up in s court of law I don't know. If you are in so much shit you can't afford to pay rent to yourself, you should chuck yourself out of the property.

Likewise Bristol city stadium company or whatever it is called, should chuck city out if they could not afford the rent.

I asked the question on another thread about the ownership of the stadium. We were never in this sort of financial debt before SL to need to worry about the administrators taking AG.

Now tho, SL owns the stadium as he owns or majority owns Ashton gate Ltd. because of this fact he can now pull the rugby club under one roof and save himself the money. I cannot see how this will benefit the club as BCFC will play with football money and BRC will play with rugby money. We will not make money through rent payments for use of our stadium by the rugby club. Bristol sport Ltd will hold the purse.

Can you explain to me how this will help BCFC because I genuinely don't know and need it clearing up please.

As things stand SL is going to revamp the Gate from a football stadium and our home to a sports stadium with a hell of a lot of rugby influence. It will be a joint venture and I fail to see what Bristol Rugby Club are bringing to the table.

We're living rent free.

As I can only fathom it, for us to go into administration would mean SL has pulled the plug on City, not on the stadium company. Therefore it would be City in the red and not the separate company which we would continue to play rent free at.

My head hurts.

We're living rent free.

As I can only fathom it, for us to go into administration would mean SL has pulled the plug on City, not on the stadium company. Therefore it would be City in the red and not the separate company which we would continue to play rent free at.

My head hurts.

If he pulls the plug, he should liquidate his debt. The only reason we are so screwed financially is through poor decisions and bad management. That comes from the top.

I think he's being found out, he's not the great messiah many people would have us all believe, but I'm afraid he isn't going anywhere, the fact we'll have the Rugby club playing at our ground means he has no intention of selling up in the near future. I think the club needs a new direction, starting from the top, there's a lot of free loaders that should be ousted. We need someone with genuine drive who truly loves the club, which I'm afraid SL doesn't. If he did he'd be seriously alarmed at what's going.

Seen people say this before - would love you to show us the quotes where people say this - seems people just love to make up their own crap so they have something to shoot down.

As for slating SL - if he had not backed the managers with money and we had fallen back into L1 this same board would be blaming him for not giving the managers resources to help us push after nearly getting into the Premiership.

If he had appointed Alex Ferguson after GJ left and we got relegated, some fans would be slating him for appointing someone from the Premiership who knows nothing about the Championship.

If he invest in players that do not go on to do well at CIty - hes wasting and clueless.

If he doesn't give money to the managers, hes a tight fisted **** not supporting the managers.

If he get's involved in the footballing side - he's meddling and should leave it to the maangers.

If he stays clear and leaves the football tot he managers, he clueless, and as the owner should do something about it.

Fact is - people here just love to moan about him, and no matter what he does (unless we have success) people will attack him for not doing the opposite - well suck it up, it's the real world, not every team can be successful all the time. I would rather have him backing us and resetting and trying again, than him just walking away because fans love to just moan about him........

Seen people say this before - would love you to show us the quotes where people say this - seems people just love to make up their own crap so they have something to shoot down.

As for slating SL - if he had not backed the managers with money and we had fallen back into L1 this same board would be blaming him for not giving the managers resources to help us push after nearly getting into the Premier League.

If he had appointed Alex Ferguson after GJ left and we got relegated, some fans would be slating him for appointing someone from the Premier League who knows nothing about the Championship.

If he invest in players that do not go on to do well at CIty - hes wasting and clueless.

If he doesn't give money to the managers, hes a tight fisted **** not supporting the managers.

If he get's involved in the footballing side - he's meddling and should leave it to the maangers.

If he stays clear and leaves the football tot he managers, he clueless, and as the owner should do something about it.

Fact is - people here just love to moan about him, and no matter what he does (unless we have success) people will attack him for not doing the opposite - well suck it up, it's the real world, not every team can be successful all the time. I would rather have him backing us and resetting and trying again, than him just walking away because fans love to just moan about him........

Great Post.

Seems SL gets criticism for everything. For me a lot of this is unjustified. Take managerial decisions.

Tins - everybodys hero. His dream job. Had a halfway season before losing the plot

Johnson - I was actually quite sceptical and didn't really like the bloke or his style of play but that appointment has to be viewed as a great success

Coppout - (ignoring the Millen caretaker bit which was another success) it's difficult to judge but if Coppout was lied to by the board wouldn't he have taken us to the LMA for compensation? He hasn't managed anywhere since - to me he probably thought I've taken on too much here I'm off

Millen - has to be viewed as a failure although I can understand the appointment given the cack we were left in by Coppout and the way we escaped relegation after GJ

McInness - again understandable given his credentials and style. Keeping us up and our early season success we had every right to be optimistic. For me this became a failure when he lost his nerve after the Blackburn home game when we conceded five at home. Let's not forget that we pulled it back to 3-3 with minutes to go and Blackburn were flying. Maybe if McInness had kept up the attacking philosophy he would still be here but he didn't and left another failure.

SOD - I'm not convinced but time will tell. Obviously the dismal away performances are a big concern.

So I think SL shouldn't get stick for managerial decisions - very few chairman get it right at all let alone get it right consistently. Maybe certain checks and balances weren't in place but there's logic to every one of the managerial decisions.

When it comes to money he surely can't be criticised for not backing his managers. It was the managers who wasted money on Saborio, Styvar, Hunt, Stewart (both), sadly Trundle and probably many more. If these were Lansdowns signings then criticise him for interfering with the playing side. Even this year, apart from possibly Cunningham we struggle to identify a successful signing. Is it SLs fault we signed Mark Wilson, McManus, Bates, that Liverpool bloke and even now Howard!

Only time will tell about the ownership and ground issue - for me that's more worrying.

By far my biggest concern is that when these managers are appointed there doesn't seem to be any direction on playing style. I want to watch an attacking team like the one we had in the first half dozen games of the season not one who goes away and manages four shots against the home sides 25. What chance have we got? All of the appointed managers (Tins excepted perhaps) have had a very cautious playing style that bores everybody sh1tless. Obvious that if you spend three quarters of the game in your own half you ain't gonna win many and if you do happen to sneak a win or draw it ain't gonna be pretty.

Next year, wherever we finish I want to see SOD play with pace and power and make teams around and below us frightened of us instead of the other way around. Just an example, Burnley were out of form and were four points above the drop zone at 3.00 yesterday. We desperately needed three points and should have tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck and have the home fans booing and walking out after an hour. That's not interfering with the playing side - that's direction from the top.

Fact is - people here just love to moan about him, and no matter what he does (unless we have success) people will attack him for not doing the opposite

Perhaps the reason some people 'moan' is because of the huge mistakes mistakes made which have resulted in relegation to L1 and £45m of debt

..and I feel the same

Perhaps the reason some people 'moan' is because of the huge mistakes mistakes made which have resulted in relegation to L1 and £45m of debt

..and I feel the same

So what would you have done GB? How could he have avoided relegation and take out £45m of investment?

Wait for it - appointed Pep Guardiola when he had the chance and enticed world class players on a free to play for us on L2 wages?

His Son has no idea and is slowly bringing in his mates and is pushing out the real Football Men like Walshy and with him going to the Gas makes it all the harder to swallow. I see some bloody tough times ahead but CTID so will be there through thick and thin

To make it worse, we've got a female PE teacher in charge of the Academy, while Walshy a City ledge with 40 years experience, has got the Gas U18's into their national cup final, and on the brink of winning the league, and City let him go!

How the bloody hell does that happen?

So what would you have done GB? How could he have avoided relegation and take out £45m of investment?

Wait for it - appointed Pep Guardiola when he had the chance and enticed world class players on a free to play for us on L2 wages?

- The 5 year deal given to Gary Johnson

- Stating very publicly lots of times after Wembley that the goal was top two - thus massively inflating the pressure on the club and making fans far more impatient than before

- Giving Millen the Job permanently when it needed experienced manager to pick up the pieces

- This board (I have never even seen or heard the chairman of the club speak)

Im afraid in all walks of life its the same, hindsight is a wonderfull thing. For every Swansea I could show you a hundred instances of boards doing their best but not reaching where they or the fans want to be - sadly its not an exact science, I guess thts why we all love it so much!

Ok we'd all rather be in the championship watching scintilating football - but it is what it is and SL has moved us on believe it or not, but of course youll all have your oppinions.

I for one will still but my season ticket and supporting the team ive watched since 1982.

Keep the faith guys at least were not the Mylasian Embassy and playing in blue!!

People should think to themselves where we would be without Lansdown. I garauntee a lot lower than we find ourselves now.

He's losing Millions a year of his own money just to keep this club where it is now! Because the club is creating no revenue itself!

In my opinion he is running the club in the right manor. No one wants to end up like Coventry and Pompey!

I think IF City ever made it to the Premier league and Lansdown was still here, City fans might start seeing his Wealth because he isnt going spend all his money over the years running the club in L1 And Championship for us to finally get to the Prem and go straight back down. Its a big IF but i can imagine if we did make it to the PL a lot of investment will be poured into the club.

With the new financial fair play coming in aswell its making it more difficult to invest heavily. Thats why City needed that massive clear out in players to lower our wage bill, to meet certain financial fair play rules when they eventually come in.

Im just grateful we have Him as a Chairman.

Archived