IGNORED

Stephen Lansdown

Redstoke

Lets be honest, he can't win can he? You moan that he spent so much money getting us out of league 1 because now we are back there.

Ultimately he gambled his own money in an attempt to reach the Premiership - of which he came only 90 minutes away from achieving.

If he had said "League 1 is our level, I won't be funding new signings and pushing for Championship and beyond because it will cost us financially" you would have just as many people moaning about how tight he is, his lack of ambition, lack of signings etc and asking him to leave.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Lets be honest, he can't win can he? You moan that he spent so much money getting us out of league 1 because now we are back there.

Ultimately he gambled his own money in an attempt to reach the Premier League - of which he came only 90 minutes away from achieving.

If he had said "League 1 is our level, I won't be funding new signings and pushing for Championship and beyond because it will cost us financially" you would have just as many people moaning about how tight he is, his lack of ambition, lack of signings etc and asking him to leave.

Yes, all well and good. But he has put himself and the club in a position, where he owns the club and assets. There is nothing there that would warrant an investor taking it off his hands. The assets have been split, the deficit is huge. He is responsible for all of it.

I keep harping back to the safe guards in place. SL has pretty much killed this club as a going concern, our only option is SL, he knows it, we know it, investors know it. There is no chance anyone would pay him 40 odd million plus the going rate for the club, then the going rate for the stadium and training facilities.

All pretty scandalous if you ask me. It should never have happened, but someone seems to think they are bigger than the club and do just what they like.

Yes, all well and good. But he has put himself and the club in a position, where he owns the club and assets. There is nothing there that would warrant an investor taking it off his hands. The assets have been split, the deficit is huge. He is responsible for all of it.

I keep harping back to the safe guards in place. SL has pretty much killed this club as a going concern, our only option is SL, he knows it, we know it, investors know it. There is no chance anyone would pay him 40 odd million plus the going rate for the club, then the going rate for the stadium and training facilities.

All pretty scandalous if you ask me. It should never have happened, but someone seems to think they are bigger than the club and do just what they like.

I never heard many people moaning when SL was splashing the cash buying Trundles, Maynards, hartleys, steads etc

I love tge fact that everybody's who's moaning has not offered 1 soloution as to what they would do.

We have been relegated, get over it, SL has made some bad decisions but he's still the right man for me.

You will all be moaning much more if we end up being owned by chicken farmers.

At least we would know all the eggs are in one basket!

Personally the only thing I think the Lansdowns have done wrong is not give a manager more time. Would we have stayed up with McInnes? (im resigned to it now) - hard to say but the biggest problem for us now is if O'Drizzle gets off to a bad start in Div 3, fans will be on his back and then if the board reacts, we have a few games where it all seems rosey and we are back to playing without any fight.

The squad needs a shake up, a RUTHLESS shake up and I'd rather someone like O'Driscoll was given the time to do it than, chop and change manager and wait for sh1t players' contracts to run down - thats what we've been paying for over the last few years along with the success of Gary Johnson.

The under 24 policy is a start but the youth needs to be our focus now as carrying on like this in div 3 will mean losing more money surely?

I never heard many people moaning when SL was splashing the cash buying Trundles, Maynards, hartleys, steads etc

Well I have been going on about the way he has run the club for quite a while. It is nothing to do with how well we have or haven't done on the pitch for me, as I have alluded to for a few years now. So that is one accusation you cannot chuck at me.

Stand by my point - for all the people not happy with the current state, there would be equally as many unhappy if he had not piled the money into transfers, wages etc and settled for league 1 mediocrity.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? Maybe he shouldn't have gambled? I certainly wasn't complaining when I was sat at Wembley in the Cahmpionship Play-off final dreaming of the Premiership so I would be a hypocrite if I complained now.

Stand by my point - for all the people not happy with the current state, there would be equally as many unhappy if he had not piled the money into transfers, wages etc and settled for league 1 mediocrity.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? Maybe he shouldn't have gambled? I certainly wasn't complaining when I was sat at Wembley in the Cahmpionship Play-off final dreaming of the Premier League so I would be a hypocrite if I complained now.

Like l1 mediocrity we are about to achieve with a 40 million deficit.

Likewise I would have been a hypocrite if I hadn't been banging on SL for ages, not just when things were not rosey.

So I will stand by my point of view and not take any notice of the hindsight argument that people tend to throw when their beliefs are shattered. It's been coming for years, as too few of us on here, who get accused of moaning and not supporting the club, have been pointing out for a fair few seasons now.

Ultimately he gambled his own money in an attempt to reach the Premier League - of which he came only 90 minutes away from achieving.

Its not really a case of that. Like people said, he's a man with big speeches and promises. He wants a premier league football team which is music to peoples ears. The thing is, having wonderful dreams like that then looking at where we are in the cold light of day is total polar opposites. How many season have been deemed a success since he's been in charge? Play off final and the promotion ones obviously, maybe the two 10th place finishes were good? Then the rest have been a disappointment with the club racking up a huge debt, losing the ground and ultimately relegation to where we were when this all started.

SL is a business man first and football man a distant 2nd. I can't argue against his love for the club (as a fan) but I can't shake the idea that he's in it for personal gain rather. The AV project took all of his time and effort as the team crumbled. You could see how disappointed he's been by that, probably more than the actual failings of the team. A successful AV would have been a great bit of business for him just like his real job at Hargreaves Lansdown. Sadly I don't think BCFC is his main focus and never will be.

Good man. That's 12k.

I'm guessing you two are not business men :)

You hsve just bought 40 million of debt if you get your 20000 fans.

What about money for the price of the club, then the price of the assets?

I'm reckoning you will want to put in around another 2k each. And stop going to the pub and save a bit of money for the staff when you have got control :)

Joking aside, did that fan owned and team played by he owners club ever work? And are the fans still running it? I remember the story all over the papers a few years back (didn't we sign akinde from them? If so cracking business by them!). Would be interested to know if it is a success (of the pitch) or if it failed.

Like l1 mediocrity we are about to achieve with a 40 million deficit.

Likewise I would have been a hypocrite if I hadn't been banging on SL for ages, not just when things were not rosey.

So I will stand by my point of view and not take any notice of the hindsight argument that people tend to throw when their beliefs are shattered. It's been coming for years, as too few of us on here, who get accused of moaning and not supporting the club, have been pointing out for a fair few seasons now.

Fair play to you, I don't expect you to change your beliefs. I'm certainly not going to accuse you or anyone else of not supporting the club - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I was just one of those supporters that was not moaning at Wembley and thus I will not moan now.

Like it or not, I still think he is the right man for the club.

I'm guessing you two are not business men :)

You hsve just bought 40 million of debt if you get your 20000 fans.

What about money for the price of the club, then the price of the assets?

I'm reckoning you will want to put in around another 2k each. And stop going to the pub and save a bit of money for the staff when you have got control :)

Joking aside, did that fan owned and team played by he owners club ever work? And are the fans still running it? I remember the story all over the papers a few years back (didn't we sign akinde from them? If so cracking business by them!). Would be interested to know if it is a success (of the pitch) or if it failed.

Clubs can be bought for 1p if the debts are cleared.

Clubs can be bought for 1p if the debts are cleared.

You've got got my 1p :)

That is generally with the understanding that the purchaser has the capital to chuck into the club, if they don't, the FL won't allow the purchase.

I really believe that in 10 maybe 20 years SL's stewardship of the club will be compared to the Reform Board of 20 years ago.

I dont and wont knock SL's passion for the club and i do believe he really wants good things for BCFC, however the current situation speaks for itself and i really wish that SL had not taken on the club back in the day. At the very least we probably would still own our ground and not be 40 million in debt.

Oh and this has nothing to do with league position, i actually enjoyed watching City more back in league 1. It might have been crap grounds and clubs we went to but there was a good bunch that went and it was the best part of my week. Now i go because its "what i do".

I really believe that in 10 maybe 20 years SL's stewardship of the club will be compared to the Reform Board of 20 years ago.

I dont and wont knock SL's passion for the club and i do believe he really wants good things for BCFC, however the current situation speaks for itself and i really wish that SL had not taken on the club back in the day. At the very least we probably would still own our ground and not be 40 million in debt.

Oh and this has nothing to do with league position, i actually enjoyed watching City more back in league 1. It might have been crap grounds and clubs we went to but there was a good bunch that went and it was the best part of my week. Now i go because its "what i do".

Pretty much spot on Greener, although I would very much question SL's passion for the club, since he had to sack Gary Johnson and the TVG fiasco he doesn't seem to care.

He needs to get his company to be our shirt sponsor for the sum of 100 million which would bypass ffp rules and allow us to spend big a la man city

You reckon Hargreaves and the rest on the board would sanction giving a third rate football club 100 million to sponsor them? :). We should be paying them. Invariably they are bigger and more wel known business than us ;)

I'm in. Infact I will put the first 10k in the pot to get us rolling

Suggest people chip in what they can afford and I could probably stump up £800. Thing is, I could see the scheme peeing of thousands of Mrs Pseudonyms across the city and lots of breakdowns of marriages. Won't somebody think of the children!

I don't hold the line that he's in it for the legacy and that he's some kind of ego-maniac. Think he's genuinely trying to give something back to the community (a club we can be proud of) but unfortunately his ability to do this isn't proportional to his general business acumen.

I do wish, and have thought for a while that we need some type of footballing man making the footballing decisions at board level. Who that man should be, I don't know. We also need this man to lay down a philosophy or mantra that the club sticks too. At the moment it's a case of if you stand for nothing you fall for everything.

Also wasn't the ground breakaway a form of insurance policy against administration? Does it not make sense so that if the shit ever did hit the fan AG would be not had by the bailiffs? Genuine question.

He needs to get his company to be our shirt sponsor for the sum of 100 million which would bypass ffp rules and allow us to spend big a la man city

No he does not. What he needs to do is stop spending beyond our means and run the club right. That does not mean we then can not compete, it just means we have to be realistic about what we can achieve. There have been plenty of clubs with a lower budget than ours that have done a damn site better than us.

Also wasn't the ground breakaway a form of insurance policy against administration? Does it not make sense so that if the shit ever did hit the fan AG would be not had by the bailiffs? Genuine question.

Another genuine question, Isn't this exactly the same thing that most football clubs have done for the very reason mentioned above?

Archived