IGNORED

Sod To Resign?

bs3

I wasn't far away, I believe the account to be accurate. Also believe SOD was swearing at the guy (though that could well have been both of them). Not good, not good at all, it pushed me further away from supporting SOD and his principles. If he disappeared off I wouldn't give a monkey's right now.

Most of the time the sort of person that takes this kind of thing to twitter is, to be frank, a lippy bellend. I doubt it's the full story and if he got short shrift I expect there was a reason for it.

yep I've seen the bloke a few away games iswell, he does like a bit of a shout and a screech

I wouldnt blame him we are being run by a bunch of muppets currently.

Yep, that's right - it's been the board out there playing week-in, week-out.

Not the inadequate players bought by the "football expert" management team using the board's money.

yep I've seen the bloke a few away games iswell, he does like a bit of a shout and a screech

I don't know the guy but saw the incident. He certainly didn't shout at SOD and if anyone's body language was aggressive it was SODs. I think the lesson is dont talk to fans until you've calmed down - SOD and is fans had every right to be furious after that rubbish BUT it appeared at best unprofessional from SOD.

I don't know the guy but saw the incident. He certainly didn't shout at SOD and if anyone's body language was aggressive it was SODs. I think the lesson is dont talk to fans until you've calmed down - SOD and is fans had every right to be furious after that rubbish BUT it appeared at best unprofessional from SOD.

Like you i don't know him, and i wasn't there.. but it seems highly unlike a man like SOD would respond like that unless he was provoked. We will never know the full story

If this is true, and we're very unlikely to ever know, but IF it was then frankly I would hope for SOD to pack his bags and head up the M1.

About time football clubs in general, and very very much so BCFC, learned without fans you're nothing!

If this is true, and we're very unlikely to ever know, but IF it was then frankly I would hope for SOD to pack his bags and head up the M1.

About time football clubs in general, and very very much so BCFC, learned without fans you're nothing!

Exactly, but to be honest all this shite is just making everyone depressed, i cant be bothered with it anymore and will not be returning to ashton gate until this mess has been sorted out, i can't stand football at the minute!

Well whether what was said is accurate or not only they will know but the conversation definitely took place - someone else posted a photo of them on there.

Look at the body language in the picture. Doesn't exactly match what was being quoted. If he's being told that he's wasting his time, would you expect him to be slouched back with his hands in his pockets?

Look at the body language in the picture. Doesn't exactly match what was being quoted. If he's being told that he's wasting his time, would you expect him to be slouched back with his hands in his pockets?

Who knows mate - only 2 people know what was said, agree about the body language. He may have even said it sarcastically and this fella is taking the opportunity to get 5 minutes of fame!

To be fair, regardless of what was said, if S'OD has afforded the guy the opportunity to have a private chat, he Is a bit out of order blabbing it all over the Internet anyway - the next fan may not be given the same opportunity.

Who knows mate - only 2 people know what was said, agree about the body language. He may have even said it sarcastically and this fella is taking the opportunity to get 5 minutes of fame!

To be fair, regardless of what was said, if S'OD has afforded the guy the opportunity to have a private chat, he Is a bit out of order blabbing it all over the Internet anyway - the next fan may not be given the same opportunity.

Exactly. This so called fan is a joke.

I don't see the problem. SOD simply told the truth. We are a basket case and (this season) a lost cause.

Interesting that the three players who applauded the fans were the three who got a decent rating on another Burnley away thread.

If SoD think we are a basket case and a lost cause I think he will be leaving.

The board do seem to be unable to run this club.

When we was looking for a new manager after Milen Dave Jones was in the frame and according to Angus Scott who is Broadcaster/sports journalist and City fan Dave Jones said he didn't like the way the club was run and wouldn't go near it after meeting our board.

There is one question which is still un answered !

What are the facts around the Steve Coppell saga , this truth as never come out but I'm sure one day it will.

So I read what the bloke on twitter had to say but in all fairness I'm reading nothing but honest replies from SOD and seeing answers that also result from frustration.

I honestly would not be surprised if the board is responsible for him being so p***ed off, I mean look at our recent history:

Coppell, comes in looking interested and hungry, suddenly changes and he quits football!

David James signed, remains professional but always seemed to look unhappy here.

Now SOD, a competent manager gets his lowest winning % in his career at a club to date and now looks likely to quit.

Why on earth do we keep blaming managers and players when it seems the "big names" we bring to this club take an instant turn for the worse. Even Bolasie is a good example of a player turned good after leaving us. Our recent history with players and managers show in my eyes that there is something critically wrong with this club at a level us fans can't see and cannot change which is why we're becoming more and more alienated from it. I honestly think the board are the real issue with this club, they hide too much, they seem restrictive in what they allow good managers to do and so it results in crap managers getting the longer runs and the good ones walking out as they know they can't work here.

I don't blame SOD for any of what he said, not even the time thing because I honestly think that sounds like a man who is annoyed at the club and is hurting because he's been sold out. Think of it this way, you take a job and you're promised the opportunity to mould it, shape it and turn it into what you think can work and then when your results can't save the club from relegation those promises are taken away and you're told "You'll have to work with what you have". This is what I think has happened and now SOD realises he's stuck in a job he never signed up to do and his frustrations was taken out on a fan who caught him at a bad time. Managers are people too and hate or like SOD he's not the first manager to look like he's not backed by the board when it's not going the way the board would hope for it to.

I think I'll be having a break from Bristol City if SOD leaves, that means no attending games, no buying the kits for myself or my girls, no buying anything City related. At the end of the day this is the only way I can see my actions reflecting my feelings about our current board and the manner in which it seems we treat the managers we need to keep. It's come to a point where in my eyes the board do not care about the fans at all and all they do care about is seeing things done their way and they're too blind to see that their way doesn't work.

If SoD think we are a basket case and a lost cause I think he will be leaving.

The board do seem to be unable to run this club.

When we was looking for a new manager after Milen Dave Jones was in the frame and according to Angus Scott who is Broadcaster/sports journalist and City fan Dave Jones said he didn't like the way the club was run and wouldn't go near it after meeting our board.

There is one question which is still un answered !

What are the facts around the Steve Coppell saga , this truth as never come out but I'm sure one day it will.

I've heard this said so many times over the past 15 to 20 years by ex players, managers of other clubs and journo's. Clearly there is no smoke without fire. Something has been wrong at our club for a long time I'd love to know what.

"Worse was to come after general chat i said how i attend every home/away game, he responded i dont care its not my time its yours"

:laugh:

SOD is completely right. What sort of answer was the guy expecting?!?

The fans love it when SOD is honest and blunt with journalists but the moment it happens to them they are on Twitter/OTIB having a little cry

"Worse was to come after general chat i said how i attend every home/away game, he responded i dont care its not my time its yours"

The fans love it when SOD is honest and blunt with journalists but the moment it happens to them they are on Twitter/OTIB having a little cry

Because he came out not long ago wanting the Bristol public to support his team.

So which way does he want it.

If he doesn't care and no one turns up, you can be sure he will be out of s job.

If he has said this to a paying travelling supporter, he should be taken to task by SL for actively turning fans away from Bristol city. After all if the manager does not care what the supporters think or if they turn up, why is he in the job. His job is to entertain and encourage supporters to come by creating a winning team.

I've heard this said so many times over the past 15 to 20 years by ex players, managers of other clubs and journo's. Clearly there is no smoke without fire. Something has been wrong at our club for a long time I'd love to know what.

I think you're right. Personally I think the Board/Lansdown exercises too much control over footballing matters. There are a number of features which also lead me to believe this. I was always suspicious of the Coppell fiasco (specifically the signing of DJ). The continual favour of Cole Skuse (not wanting to start another debate on this subject) through a number of different managers. The signing of players from Guernsey for the Acandemy and now a tour to Botswana, evidently because SL enjoys holidaying there.

We had a stated policy of not signing foreigners and now a policy of signing players under 24 years of age.

Any manager working here will work under a number of restrictions which will ultimately curtail their ability to freely assemble their own squad. In my opinion that is what is wrong at our club. And that is why the club loves to appoint internal 'yes' men like Tinnion and Millen.

The guy probably expected SO'D to get down on his knees for some 'man on man' there and then.

It is a sad fact that for all but a decade of the last century competitive performance in the top two divisions has proved unsustainable for Bristol City. Owners, directors, managers and players have come and gone but the missing ingredient has proved illusive. We can play the blame game, we can abuse those that we consider responsible and we can desert the club in its hour of need but until we identify the underlying problems and address them the song will remain the same.

To be a supporter rather than just a spectator involves a commitment and a feeling of belonging which causes us to share in the failures (as well as the fleeting successes). With this in mind I simply cannot comprehend how anyone can come to the conclusion that abusing our players, directors, manager or each other can possibly help our cause.

Getting rid of failing directors, managers and players may be a vital part in delivering an improvement but is nonetheless the easy part - the challenge in every case (and where we have consistently been found wanting) is replacing them with better.

• if our current crop could do better - then abusing them has not (and will not) help;
  • if our current crop cannot do better - then abusing them is neither justified nor helpful

It seems to me that the most vicious abusers on this forum are in the most part unable to form a consistent opinion regarding the competence of their targets but choose to abuse them nonetheless. This seems to me to be no more than the reaction of a spoilt child's reaction to not getting his/her own way - and I like many others am sick to death of it.

A guy called Stuart Parsons on Twitter has had a rather unpleasant encounter with him this evening. I won't publish what he's said but if you want to see for yourself, go to @stuparsons1

The local media will be on to him so be interesting to see if he's willing to back it all up in a radio/newspaper interview...and then see what the response from SOD is.

Because he came out not long ago wanting the Bristol public to support his team.

So which way does he want it.

If he doesn't care and no one turns up, you can be sure he will be out of s job.

Maybe he was just pissed off after a bad day and snapped at the first wannabe journo who started throwing questions at him.

The other week I cocked up a bit of wallpapering which pissed me off massively, I wasn't impressed when the Missus walked in after clothes shopping with her mother and helpfully pointed out I had cocked it up....I knew that already FFS!

Where did this all take place anyway?

Maybe he was just pissed off after a bad day and snapped at the first wannabe journo who started throwing questions at him.

The other week I cocked up a bit of wallpapering which pissed me off massively, I wasn't impressed when the Missus walked in after clothes shopping with her mother and helpfully pointed out I had cocked it up....I knew that already FFS!

Where did this all take place anyway?

Maybe he was, and so he should of been. But it seems a measured answer. Might of been better shouting shut the **** up you daft ****. But instead, he has reportedly come back with a rather measured answer suggesting it is up to the fan if he comes or not, he doesn't care. That is the bit that puts him on dodgy ground. A pure rant, and hey it is what it is, this if true sounds a little different.

It is a sad fact that for all but a decade of the last century competitive performance in the top two divisions has proved unsustainable for Bristol City. Owners, directors, managers and players have come and gone but the missing ingredient has proved illusive. We can play the blame game, we can abuse those that we consider responsible and we can desert the club in its hour of need but until we identify the underlying problems and address them the song will remain the same.

To be a supporter rather than just a spectator involves a commitment and a feeling of belonging which causes us to share in the failures (as well as the fleeting successes). With this in mind I simply cannot comprehend how anyone can come to the conclusion that abusing our players, directors, manager or each other can possibly help our cause.

Getting rid of failing directors, managers and players may be a vital part in delivering an improvement but is nonetheless the easy part - the challenge in every case (and where we have consistently been found wanting) is replacing them with better.

• if our current crop could do better - then abusing them has not (and will not) help;
  • if our current crop cannot do better - then abusing them is neither justified nor helpful

It seems to me that the most vicious abusers on this forum are in the most part unable to form a consistent opinion regarding the competence of their targets but choose to abuse them nonetheless. This seems to me to be no more than the reaction of a spoilt child's reaction to not getting his/her own way - and I like many others am sick to death of it.

This is a very good post that will tragically be ignored or misunderstood by too many on here. I hear you Timbo7.

First mistake, let the misses do the wallpapering, I do, then there's no comeback ! :0)

Archived