IGNORED

Sod To Resign?

bs3

The guy would have spent the best part of £100 to be at Burnley whereas the players and manager were paid thousands each to be there. Personally I think he's got every right to be a lippy bellend.

I've been to 3 away games since SOD took over - Blackburn Cardiff Derby - and dont recall a decent shot on goal from our lads in any of them.

I disagree that handing over cash entitles you to be a lippy bellend. Morons test your patience no matter how well paid you are.

I'm starting to get the feeling Internet forums are bad for football clubs.

Reading this stuff is making me feel a bit queasy.

Been saying this for a few years now, It was far easier when all you had was the Sunday paper or Ceefax and people involved in the running of the club could just get on with it.

It's worrying just how powerful Internet forums/social media have become and how much damage the people using them can do.

I'm starting to get the feeling Internet forums are bad for football clubs.

Reading this stuff is making me feel a bit queasy.

It is extremely worrying to me that SOD has basically admitted he has read this forum and has an idea of the things being said on Twitter.

My advice to him would be to leave this forum well alone.

Seems to me yet another example of the downside of the internet.

20 years ago someone in the public eye could tow the official line in public - "we will fight until all hope is gone, we sympathise with the supporters, we care about the poor, we have all the answers to the World's economic problems" etc. etc. but if you were fortunate or foolish enough to engage them in private conversation respect you might receive a more honest response.

But today, even the most private ill-advised remark, muttered when the guard is down in the heat of the moment when another disappointment is fresh in the mind, can and frequently is communicated to thousands.

This leaves us with either faceless individuals who never say anything of substance without the veneer of PR management (bland modern politicians, premier league football players etc.) or comical over-reaction to unsubstantiated partial quotes reported without any benefit of context.

Perhaps those who are offended should ask themselves how much better they would really feel if every miserable performance was followed by a private apology or some sort of ritual humiliation.

I for one could not care less whether SO'D gives a tinker's cuss about how much I wasted in time, effort, money and emotional investment yesterday - if he can make Bristol City better then all well and good, if he cannot then he can go the same way as his predecessors sooner rather than later. Until I know he cannot I shall labour in the hope that he can, regardless of what he says or does not say to angry supporters or anyone else after matches - until and unless he says something to me of course, when I shall react as appropriate but even then I will not feel the need to share something said to me in private with the World and his wife!

Rumour is that the budget will be slashed and players will leave and he feels we have no chance of competing in L1

This is the bit of the rumour that makes me think it's BS.

Other than Forest, SOD has worked on a shoestring budget his whole career.

If it is true, then you have to wonder just how skint we'll be next season.

If SOD did indeed say that we are a lost cause, that's out of order. That suggests that he - and consequently the team - have given up on this season. If that's the case, should someone at BCFC not have come out in the press and told the fans as much? It might just save supporters spending their hard-earned cash on expensive tickets, travel etc for matches that, due to the club already throwing the towel in, we never stood a chance of winning.

How anyone could say that with six games still to play (before yesterday), our season is a lost cause is beyond me. Winning five or six games on the trot is perfectly achievable. And I don't buy this theory that the players aren't good enough. Barnsley and Peterboro have both been on stupendous runs of late and their players are no better than ours - let's not forget we put five past Barnsley only a few weeks ago. You can also bet your bottom dollar that the majority of our 'poor quality' players will go on to enjoy successful careers at other clubs. So therefore it comes down to attitude and application, and that, I'm afraid, is the responsibility of the manager.

Excellent work by some trying to drive away one of the best managers we have had in years. I wonder if they know that ifhe does leave it will be the cheap option of a new manager named Louis Carey.

This is the bit of the rumour that makes me think it's BS.

Other than Forest, SOD has worked on a shoestring budget his whole career.

If it is true, then you have to wonder just how skint we'll be next season.

I agree. SOD would have know from the outset what his budget was likely to be in the event of relegation.

Unless he was lied to at his interview............

Excellent work by some trying to drive away one of the best managers we have had in years. I wonder if they know that ifhe does leave it will be the cheap option of a new manager named Louis Carey.

Best, how exactly??? Too soon to judge. If we come straight back up then you'll be right.

So far, he might have saved us but he's actually the man who took us down......

Hardly troubling the records of Dicks, Cooper, Johnson, Ward or Jordan yet is he?

So I read what the bloke on twitter had to say but in all fairness I'm reading nothing but honest replies from SOD and seeing answers that also result from frustration.

I honestly would not be surprised if the board is responsible for him being so p***ed off, I mean look at our recent history:

Coppell, comes in looking interested and hungry, suddenly changes and he quits football!

David James signed, remains professional but always seemed to look unhappy here.

Now SOD, a competent manager gets his lowest winning % in his career at a club to date and now looks likely to quit.

Why on earth do we keep blaming managers and players when it seems the "big names" we bring to this club take an instant turn for the worse. Even Bolasie is a good example of a player turned good after leaving us. Our recent history with players and managers show in my eyes that there is something critically wrong with this club at a level us fans can't see and cannot change which is why we're becoming more and more alienated from it. I honestly think the board are the real issue with this club, they hide too much, they seem restrictive in what they allow good managers to do and so it results in crap managers getting the longer runs and the good ones walking out as they know they can't work here.

I don't blame SOD for any of what he said, not even the time thing because I honestly think that sounds like a man who is annoyed at the club and is hurting because he's been sold out. Think of it this way, you take a job and you're promised the opportunity to mould it, shape it and turn it into what you think can work and then when your results can't save the club from relegation those promises are taken away and you're told "You'll have to work with what you have". This is what I think has happened and now SOD realises he's stuck in a job he never signed up to do and his frustrations was taken out on a fan who caught him at a bad time. Managers are people too and hate or like SOD he's not the first manager to look like he's not backed by the board when it's not going the way the board would hope for it to.

I think I'll be having a break from Bristol City if SOD leaves, that means no attending games, no buying the kits for myself or my girls, no buying anything City related. At the end of the day this is the only way I can see my actions reflecting my feelings about our current board and the manner in which it seems we treat the managers we need to keep. It's come to a point where in my eyes the board do not care about the fans at all and all they do care about is seeing things done their way and they're too blind to see that their way doesn't work.

agree completely with what you say and fully understand your sentiment about needing a break from it all....take any buisiness with useless,arrogant and out of touch higher managment and what happens to the people on the coalface trying to make it work?..frustration,apathy and confusion reign.

If SOD did indeed say that we are a lost cause, that's out of order. That suggests that he - and consequently the team - have given up on this season. If that's the case, should someone at BCFC not have come out in the press and told the fans as much? It might just save supporters spending their hard-earned cash on expensive tickets, travel etc for matches that, due to the club already throwing the towel in, we never stood a chance of winning.

How anyone could say that with six games still to play (before yesterday), our season is a lost cause is beyond me. Winning five or six games on the trot is perfectly achievable. And I don't buy this theory that the players aren't good enough. Barnsley and Peterboro have both been on stupendous runs of late and their players are no better than ours - let's not forget we put five past Barnsley only a few weeks ago. You can also bet your bottom dollar that the majority of our 'poor quality' players will go on to enjoy successful careers at other clubs. So therefore it comes down to attitude and application, and that, I'm afraid, is the responsibility of the manager.

Come on we were down from the season's start all last seasons signs ignored same bullshit from the board and management always jam tomorrow.

i was there yesterday at burnley and the players really looked like they didnt care what happens and sod should just pack his bags and go city till i die

Same old story though...until the players are shifted this aint going to change despite who's in charge....Keep SOD and dump the trash

And the very same people moaning that we havn;t been told, will moan that we have been told - been on here long enough to know that if there is no success then people will moan and whine about everything no matter, and if the club do what they wanted in their outpouring of whine, then they will still complain and whine - everyone thinks hes a magical chairman/owner/manager all rolled into one and if they only were given a shot they would have us in the top flight playing like Barcelona - though in reality they are not even good enough to coach local teams and keep control of a petty cash box. And that's the problem, a lot of people on here will just whine and whine because they all think deep down they could do better.

A guy called Stuart Parsons on Twitter has had a rather unpleasant encounter with him this evening. I won't publish what he's said but if you want to see for yourself, go to @stuparsons1

Cant believe that, but if true we are in big big trouble :pray:

Next season? We can hope for a serious challenge for the top six. Look at what Yeovil/Tranmere/Brentford have achieved on modest resources and small crowds this season.

There will no doubt be a big clear out of players on big wages at the gate but hopefully some of the younger more talented ones such as Cunningham, Moloney, Anderson, Taylor will stay. Baldock should score goals in League One too if he can stay fit for three consecutive matches.

There will be no need to spend big on new players as so many free transfers will be available. Championship and even Premier teams will be releasing players to balance their books as financial reality starts to bite all clubs - it is a case of City being able to spot the good 'uns and convince them we are a club worth joining. That is where the manager has to earn his corn.

i was there yesterday at burnley and the players really looked like they didnt care what happens and sod should just pack his bags and go city till i die

The players haven't cared for years! It's not ******* O'Driscolls fault! Give him more than 3 bloody months.

Heat of the moment? I would like to think this was not true. If so SOD is quite abtrusive, picture proves SOD approached this supporter. Lets move on. The team realistically next season so far.

Gerken - Not by choice

Manoly

"Dame Margo" Fontaine

New

Bryan

Anderson

Elliot

Kelly/Kilkenny

New

Taylor

New/Burns/Krans

Archived