IGNORED

Sag's 40/1 To Make The Playoffs !

OldlandReddies

Will there be an enquiry into "unusual betting patterns"?

Nah mate, this can't be a unique situation.

Me mate a Wimbledon fan saw them on Saturday and although they did deservedly edge the win they didn't look like a side going gung-ho for promotion hence why the score was closer than it should have been against a shite Wimbledon side.

Plus wiser sad sag opinion is they're not ready for promotion anyway, remember they got re-relegated the last time they fluked it so can't see it myself.

That's cursed it.

Please can we not get into a habit of regularly discussing the blue few though? the thought of that depresses in itself.

The funny thing about the Sags is that they think if they make the play offs (which I don't believe they will BTW), they then automatically get promoted. They forget the semi finals and final still to play. Advice to anyone, don't waste money on them, division four for them again next season.

The team that wins the play-offs is usually the team which is on an upward trajectory, irrespective of position. If the Rovers win their remaining four matches (as they will probably need to do to get in the play-offs), with other teams falling away, they will be on such a high that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them going on to get promotion. Having said that, I can't see it happening. Even though Exeter are on a dismal run of form, surely a five-point gap with only four to play is too much to make up.

I think John Ward has done a fantastic job for them. You can't help but wonder what might have happened to us in 1998-99 if he had kept his job.

The team that wins the play-offs is usually the team which is on an upward trajectory, irrespective of position. If the Rovers win their remaining four matches (as they will probably need to do to get in the play-offs), with other teams falling away, they will be on such a high that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them going on to get promotion. Having said that, I can't see it happening. Even though Exeter are on a dismal run of form, surely a five-point gap with only four to play is too much to make up.

I think John Ward has done a fantastic job for them. You can't help but wonder what might have happened to us in 1998-99 if he had kept his job.

It's all about tonight! If the Gas can get an unlikely win at Bradford and Exeter lose away at Rotherham (very possible, Rotherham are above Exeter in 6th) then it's down to 2 with 3 to play!

Tonight is our Cup Final, anything except a win and it's over.

Win tonight, and Exeter lose and it's all to play for although Bradford will still have a game in hand and the same pts as us (61) and Chesterfield will be a point behind, also with a game in hand.

But who do Bradford play on Saturday? Chesterfield away!

edit: And Exeter are away at Wimbledon on Saturday who are fighting for their lives, another very tough game for them. It's very unlikely (as it would mean beating both Bradford and Sarfend away) but in theory the Gas could occupy a play-off place by 5pm Saturday evening with 2 games to go if Bradford and Chesterfield draw! All 'if's and but's' of course!

Our final 2 games are against 2 relegation teams, Accrington home and Torquay away, both winnable but tough as they will also be scrapping for their lives...

It's all about tonight! If the Gas can get an unlikely win at Bradford and Exeter lose away at Rotherham (very possible, Rotherham are above Exeter in 6th) then it's down to 2 with 3 to play!

Tonight is our Cup Final, anything except a win and it's over.

Win tonight, and Exeter lose and it's all to play for although Bradford will still have a game in hand and the same pts as us (61) and Chesterfield will be a point behind, also with a game in hand.

But who do Bradford play on Saturday? Chesterfield away!

edit: And Exeter are away at Wimbledon on Saturday who are fighting for their lives, another very tough game for them. It's very unlikely (as it would mean beating both Bradford and Sarfend away) but in theory the Gas could occupy a play-off place by 5pm Saturday evening with 2 games to go if Bradford and Chesterfield draw! All 'if's and but's' of course!

Our final 2 games are against 2 relegation teams, Accrington home and Torquay away, both winnable but tough as they will also be scrapping for their lives...

I agree, it comes down to tonight.

I've noticed the odds have gone from 15-4 for a Rovers win to 10-4 if it's of any interest, on Bet365 anyway. Although it probably has everything to do with this thread!

I feel cheap and dirty as a small part of me actually wants them to win tonight and make it now

I'm so confused.....

I know what your saying its slightly sureal....

But I look at it like this:

If they lose and dont make it il be happy...

If they win and keep winning and make the playoffs i shall invest the money in a gas head top ( From ebay of coarse i wont give the actual gas my money)

Then from the winnings I will take a holiday in Spain with said rag and burn the thing on the beach while getting rat arsed on the money i won...

I will of coarse video the sacrificial shirt burning for you all to see...

Win Win IMO

Flimped mate, I got a couple of quid on @ 40/1 just for play offs.

By the bookies reckoning it's easier to get promoted than get in the P-o's :0)

your not wrong but i only picked up on the opportunity this afternoon so missed the best odds, hence why ive only got £2 on it. oh well i wont care aslong as they earn me £66.

They can still do it but its highly unlikely. They stopped masterbating furiously over our predicament for a few days because they've dared to dream that they could finally get themselves into the same division as us. They won't admit it but if they don't do it now they will be really gutted knowing how close they could've been...if only they could beat Bradford.

Oh well, **** em!

Archived