IGNORED

Message To Our Board: Next Seasons Objective - Promotion!

KeepUpLino

Lets not beat around the bush here, we haven't time to consolidate, rebuild, get rid of the bloody dead wood. We've heard that year in year out for bloody years now. We've put up with 3 years of utter shit and were sick to the bones of it!!!

We want success next season and anything less than a top 6 finish will be deemed as unacceptable!!!

Bring it home or bugger off!!!

:---- From a very frustrated, angry Bristol city fan!!!

Share your anger +frustration. The board have got us where we are and as usual its the fans who are suffering +paying for it! Personally I think donny will go up this season + I hope they are joined by bournemouth +sheff utd. As they are the clubs in that division with the most poke. If yeovil tranmere +walsall can challenge for promotion from that division then surely to god we can!

How would you suggest we do this then fella?

If you're not liking the idea of a 'rebuild', then you better get used to it soon. 10 or so players out of contract (none of whom I'd think SOD wants to keep), plus a few others probably asked to leave, or offers received, and suddenly you'll find a 'rebuild' is vital to actually get enough players to field a team.

Well doncaster had to build a new team. And their top.. so did coventry and they had a poor start because of it but now if they hadn't had points deducted they'd be just outside the play offs. Fans of lge 1 clubs say the standard is poor this season. I can't see it being any better next season. Surely we have the resources even in reduced circumstances to challenge at the top!

How would you suggest we do this then fella?

If you're not liking the idea of a 'rebuild', then you better get used to it soon. 10 or so players out of contract (none of whom I'd think SOD wants to keep), plus a few others probably asked to leave, or offers received, and suddenly you'll find a 'rebuild' is vital to actually get enough players to field a team.

I'm hoping for huge support from the board in hopefully keeping players such as: Baldock, Kelly, Anderson, Maloney, Cunningham and Anderson and then blooding our very promising youngsters. add to that 2-3 shrewd signings and we should have a very tidy team!!

Anything less than this in my mind will probably result in me relinquishing my season ticket for the first time in 10 years!!

Sick to the ******* teeth with this ******* club!!!

I'm hoping for huge support from the board in hopefully keeping players such as: Baldock, Kelly, Anderson, Maloney, Cunningham and Anderson and then blooding our very promising youngsters. add to that 2-3 shrewd signings and we should have a very tidy team!!

Anything less than this in my mind will probably result in me relinquishing my season ticket for the first time in 10 years!!

Tbh, I wouldn't mind us chopping Baldock even tho hes proven at L1 - has anyone got a clue as to his wages? < would be dependant on this balancing out keep v flog.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind us chopping Baldock even tho hes proven at L1 - has anyone got a clue as to his wages? < would be dependant on this balancing out keep v flog.

Baldock is only 'proven' at L1 level if you consider a highest ever total of 14 goals at that level as proven.

He also seems to have become incredibly injury prone.

Should have kept Pitman.

A fair response fella - although I don't think we'll be able to clone Anderson, so that leave you with 5 players to keep hold of.

I agree that we want to try to keep those 5, supplement it with the current development squad and then add a further 15 players.

This is where you'll need to be patient. The rebuild will be necessary and the board will not have much say in the matter in terms of the amount of wages we can afford.

Last years turnover was £11.8m. Next years will be a lot less than that (possibly around £8.5m). Of that, we can spend a max of 65% on wages, so circa £5.5m. Keeping the 5 players you mention may cost something like £1.2m of that + of course we may not be able to offload some of the current high earners (Killa, Faultaine, Pearson, Davies, Elliott) - they could cut another £1.5m or so into that wage bill, leaving us only circa £2.8m to spend on the rest of the squad (i.e. you won't see anyone coming in on more than about £3k per week - so you'll have to be relatively patient as these will tend to be players from teams of a lower stature than the Championship).

A fair response fella - although I don't think we'll be able to clone Anderson, so that leave you with 5 players to keep hold of.

I agree that we want to try to keep those 5, supplement it with the current development squad and then add a further 15 players.

This is where you'll need to be patient. The rebuild will be necessary and the board will not have much say in the matter in terms of the amount of wages we can afford.

Last years turnover was £11.8m. Next years will be a lot less than that (possibly around £8.5m). Of that, we can spend a max of 65% on wages, so circa £5.5m. Keeping the 5 players you mention may cost something like £1.2m of that + of course we may not be able to offload some of the current high earners (Killa, Faultaine, Pearson, Davies, Elliott) - they could cut another £1.5m or so into that wage bill, leaving us only circa £2.8m to spend on the rest of the squad (i.e. you won't see anyone coming in on more than about £3k per week - so you'll have to be relatively patient as these will tend to be players from teams of a lower stature than the Championship).

I totally agree with you babs, scary times but hopefully fruitful times, surely this can only bring our pitiful side together?!? Here's hoping.

As for cloning players ?... Maybe we should feed the manager a little more cabernet sauvignon ;)

My worry is that I don't want a rushed quick fix that gets us up next season but down the next. I'm hoping SOD can build a team that can not only get us back up but stay up once we're here again and ideally challenge for the top half of the Championship. And I think that could take some time and patience - maybe including blooding youngsters who aren't ideal for next season but will get vital experience for the future.

So I'm okay if we don't get promotion next season. If we get it wrong then - even if we go up - we could be looking at a minimum of three years (one going up, one coming down, one trying to come up again. I'd rather spend two or three years getting the foundations of the club right and making us capable of getting up and sustaining ourselves. If we can do that and go up next season then that's brilliant but I'm interested in the long-term over the short-term...

Lets not beat around the bush here, we haven't time to consolidate, rebuild, get rid of the bloody dead wood. We've heard that year in year out for bloody years now. We've put up with 3 years of utter shit and were sick to the bones of it!!!

We want success next season and anything less than a top 6 finish will be deemed as unacceptable!!!

Bring it home or bugger off!!!

:---- From a very frustrated, angry Bristol city fan!!!

Think the priority will be trying to steady things financially and working from there.

Sorry life's a bitch but we're all gonna have to do a bit of growing up, me thinks ....the price of not doing that could be a Pompey situation.

Not ruled out top 6, though..always believe, keep the faith an all this cliched bollox is actually being put to the test.

You Reds!

Sorry but promotion next season would in the long run be bad for us, or at least that's how I see it. We really do need a rebuild with the wages being such a mess. In my eyes there is no point in getting up into the championship if our club still has the same spine that isn't good enough for the Championship and the wage issues that comes with it.

All in all we need to rebuild the squad, get the youth involved and get financially stable when it comes to the wages, we aren't going to do that in a single season and so we either go up in a mess or we stay here, rebuild, earn promotion when we're far more stable and then we can compete.

Wasn't that Blackburn's policy this season, expect to bounce or bust. They look like they're coming down with us. Aim high I agree with, but expect high breeds pressure and complacency. If we finish top half next season with a new squad I'd be happy

Similar to Wolves.....

It's never easy following relegation.

Next seasons team-

..............................gerken..............................

Moloney....mcfadzean?....Fontaine....Cunningham

Burns............Kelly............Reid.........Anderson

................baldock............krans......................

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

Subs bench looks terrible really but the first team line up is what I'd hope for

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

Subs bench looks terrible really but the first team line up is what I'd hope for

Got a crystal ball have you?

None of us, O'Driscoll included have little idea what players will be available for the start of next season.

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

If the team looked anything like that i'd be very disappointed.

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

Doubt Cunningham, Baldock, Foster or Howard will be here.

If all the out of contract players go, I'd expect at least 10 new signings, albeit on far reduced wages than the current players are on.

Doubt Cunningham, Baldock, Foster or Howard will be here.

Foster will go if someone will take him. Howard will certainly be gone. But why on earth would Cunningham or Baldock be leaving? They're on long contracts and we have no reason to sell them.

EDIT - Unless we're offered anything substantial, for example 2.5 mil for either of them.

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

I think SOD will be making more than one signing this summer!

Foster will go if someone will take him. Howard will certainly be gone. But why on earth would Cunningham or Baldock be leaving? They're on long contracts and we have no reason to sell them.

EDIT - Unless we're offered anything substantial, for example 2.5 mil for either of them.

Looks like he's staying then.

I don't think there is a quick fix unfortunately. The club is in a mess and we may as well take the opportunity to start afresh with a fairly clean slate. The finances are in a shocking state and that needs to be addressed for a start. We don't have the structure at present to support Championship football without it being a massive slog at the bottom of the table season after season. If we have a policy that says 24 years of age and under is the way we recruit then lets not rip it up before it has had a chance to start. Let's actually move forward with a PLAN so that the next time we get promoted to the Championship we can actually compete there. If that takes longer than one season then, as another poster has said, fans have to be sensible about it.

Or we can just throw what money we are allowed to at it, as we have done for six seasons now, and repeat the same old mistakes and have the same gripes about over paid and under performing players on £5-15K per week playing cautious, results driven football, and treading water. Time for some proper LEADERSHIP at Board level.

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

As both Gerken and Howard are OOC, can't see that happening, looks more like a League 2 side to me.....

As both Gerken and Howard are OOC, can't see that happening, looks more like a League 2 side to me.....

Lets hope Gerkin moves on. He's never been regular first choice and he must be fed up sitting on the bench week after week. That said, the bottom line is that he's error prone.

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

Gerken, Nyatanga and Howard are all Out Of Contract and as I've said before, I seriously doubt ANY of the players OOC will be offered new deals.

The way SOD talks about the limitations in the squad, I'd be surprised if he wants any of the OOC players next year.

McFadzean has a mystery virus and hasn't played since November. Dr's still don't know whats wrong with him, so unless he can shape us quick, we won't be signing him any more.

Would imagine Faultaine will be asked to find another club, he'll be on very high wages for a L1 footballer - even with the relegation decrease.

Would imagine Foster will also be asked to find another club. Sorry fella - but in my opinion, that's 6 of your squad which won't be here next season.

Next seasons team-

Subs-

Taylor

Lewis Carey

Bryan

Foster

Nyatanga

Howard

If our team looks anything like that next season then im sorry the future looks very bleak for me

Archived