IGNORED

Everton Fc......take A Bow

harvey54

Everton fan Gordon McKee was left shocked after Toffees full-back Leighton Baines, 28, arrived at his home to present him with a bunch of flowers and a 2013-14 season ticket following the death of his wife.

A lovely human touch.

Good on you Toffees

First thing David Moyes did when he took over was declare Everton to be The People's Club. A club not without trajedy including the Maddie McCann abduction and murder of Rhys Jones (Both from Everton homes) They've been different class concerning Hillsborough, too.

A perfect example of a club that's remained humble despite past successes.

Contrast that to Bristol City.

Geeks out there will appreciate this analogy, if Everton are Valve, Bristol City are EA.

Sadly, even I understood that analogy. But again sadly, I do agree. I would say though that I think Everton are the exception when it comes to this kinda thing - One of the very few clubs that care about the locals.

Nice touch from Everton.

Not something you'd see from City. They wouldn't even think of it.

Absolute rubbish Alan. In the light of the links posted by your fellow fans, not to mention the huge number of things we do that go under the radar, I look forward to your apology.

I will acknowledge that community engagement has not been as good as it could have been in the past, but there has been a massive and well-publicised change since the establishment of the Community Trust, and we are now seen as one of the leaders in the field amongst FL clubs in terms of our fan engagement.

Well done to Everton by the way.

Well done to Everton - I believe they have a "Fan of the Month" scheme, and this guy's son nominated him.

I'm sure that both Bristol clubs do good things for fans/community, which we don't always get to hear about. Hopefully, the point of them doing it is not for publicity purposes anyway.

The fact that so much of the community work that City does goes under the radar shows that it's to genuinely benefit the community rather than just for good publicity.

I for one would enjoy seeing maybe a nice video montage of our players' community work over a month. Could be a real feel good thing when the on field situation is poor. Wouldn't have to be that expensive to make, Everyones got a video camera on their phones, if the players threw something together themselves then that would add the authenticity.

The only issue with that is If it was constantly plastered all over the website then inevitably one chump would throw in the "they're only doing it for good press" argument.

Absolute rubbish Alan. In the light of the links posted by your fellow fans, not to mention the huge number of things we do that go under the radar, I look forward to your apology.

I will acknowledge that community engagement has not been as good as it could have been in the past, but there has been a massive and well-publicised change since the establishment of the Community Trust, and we are now seen as one of the leaders in the field amongst FL clubs in terms of our fan engagement.

Well done to Everton by the way.

I did say I'd take it back but until this thread I wasn't aware of anything similar that City had done. Virtually all professional football clubs have players visit sick children/schools and the like. Many fans would see that as only right and proper but but giving away a ST to a bereaved supporter is something different and not something I'd associate with City.

Back in 1987 my father who was adevout City fan,was dying of cancer on ward21 BRI,was visited by Dave Moyes and Paul Fitzpatrick.Both spent an entire afternoon with Dad,who even though he was very ill was over the moon to see these two guys.When he died Dave Moyes got in touch with his condolences, as did then Manager Terry Cooper.top man Dave Moyes.

Everton fan Gordon McKee was left shocked after Toffees full-back Leighton Baines, 28, arrived at his home to present him with a bunch of flowers and a 2013-14 season ticket following the death of his wife.

A lovely human touch.

Good on you Toffees

Agree, saw this the other day. Shows the good side of football.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/04/06/baines-makes-gordon-s-day

I did say I'd take it back but until this thread I wasn't aware of anything similar that City had done. Virtually all professional football clubs have players visit sick children/schools and the like. Many fans would see that as only right and proper but but giving away a ST to a bereaved supporter is something different and not something I'd associate with City.

How about when Derek McInnes got the players to do a whip round to help 17 fans who had their tyres slashed at Birmingham?

A lovely human touch.

Good on you Toffees

Unfortunately, it was a Liverpool season ticket :shocking:

I never knew that. Was that down to McInnes or to the club?

It seems you didn't know most of these stories, maybe you should of researched before slating the club?

McInnes was the manager, so therefore part of the club, it doesn't matter who it was due to.

Was the Everton season ticket idea due to a marketing executive or the club?

At the end of the day Everton has done something nice and City have done great things as well.

Archived