IGNORED

Everton Fc......take A Bow

harvey54

A friend of mine has a season ticket at Goodson so I've been a few times. Always a good day out, they keep a lot of their ex players around the place, often mingling with fans in the restaurants and dining areas. I met Nigel Martyn a few years ago, he was huge!

I never knew that. Was that down to McInnes or to the club?

I remember a few years back a friend of mine had terminal cancer his wife rang me and told me he only had weeks to live and could i get him a city shirt as he wanted to be buried in it,i rang city and explained the situation to them also asking them if they could get it siqned by all the players they said they would but i still had to pay the 30 quid for the shirt which i thought was a bit mean

It seems you didn't know most of these stories, maybe you should of researched before slating the club?

McInnes was the manager, so therefore part of the club, it doesn't matter who it was due to.

Was the Everton season ticket idea due to a marketing executive or the club?

Yes it does matter. An act of goodwill organised by the manager is not the same as such an act based on a club initiative.

I agree with RR. Most clubs do the community bit and send their players out among the people - it's good PR.

I think what RR was commenting on was that the club wouldn't dream of giving away season tickets to deserving causes in the community. The odd game ticket, maybe, but a season ticket?

Yes it does matter. An act of goodwill organised by the manager is not the same as such an act based on a club initiative.

Define the club then?

The manager (of the club) acted on initiative and got the players (of the club) to have a whip round for the fans (of the club).

Define the club then?

The manager (of the club) acted on initiative and got the players (of the club) to have a whip round for the fans (of the club).

Someone, like DaveL having the authority to make such initiatives happen. It would helpful if the commercial department had a budget to fund such things. I can't imagine City giving away a ST unless it was a competition prize.

Define the club then?

Put it this way... could McInnes have authorised refunds for fans out of pocket? Of course not.

Thus, the authorisation of refunds is a Club response. McInnes did the next best thing and got the players to put their hands in their OWN pockets - not a gesture from the club at all.

Utter rubbish, Everton has done something fantastic and you have all turned this into a City bashing.

Remember we are a business who loose millions of pounds a year, we already do lots for the community.

A manager and players help out fans and suddenly they aren't "Bristol City" however I swear a few hours before when they were on the pitch playing football, Sky reported them loosing. But surely Bristol City weren't loosing, it was just the manager and players who lost the game, they aren't Bristol City right?!

I for one would enjoy seeing maybe a nice video montage of our players' community work over a month. Could be a real feel good thing when the on field situation is poor. Wouldn't have to be that expensive to make, Everyones got a video camera on their phones, if the players threw something together themselves then that would add the authenticity.

Feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/bcfcofficial

Regards,

Adam

Someone, like DaveL having the authority to make such initiatives happen. It would helpful if the commercial department had a budget to fund such things. I can't imagine City giving away a ST unless it was a competition prize.

I do have the authority to do this, and I do. We do have a budget for this, and it is helpful. And I'm astonished you have forgotten about the free season ticket which we give away every season to our Supporter of the Year, given that you were Chair of the Supporters Club at the first awards ceremony when it was introduced 7 years ago.

We don't always get things right as a club, and we'll take it on the chin when we do, but this thread is based on some real misconceptions and inaccuracies.

We do a lot as a club behind the scenes to give our supporters special memories. Over 300 player appearances this season at schools etc for example.

Or the time I gave a young fan and his father who was dying of cancer a tour of the ground and the manager and players stopped and spent some time chatting to them. The dad died a few days later and I was contacted by his widow who said that had meant so much to her husband and son that she asked me to go and speak at his funeral.

Or when a few years ago I was emailed by a supporter asking if I could get Adriano Basso's autograph for his 5 year old son. Unfortunately Basso left the club before I could see him and I got a stroppy email from the dad saying how upset his son was. So I went to the kit man, got one of Basso's keepers tops and took it round to their house. When Basso came back with Hull the next season, I got the top back and got him to autograph it and gave it back to the kid and his dad who have since become good friends.

Or the time when a visiting disabled mascot from Portsmouth admired the RAF lanyard which one of our stewards wore to hold her match day pass. He was mad about planes apparently. That steward came back in next week with a spare lanyard and some other bits of RAF memorabilia which we sent to the family. His mother wrote me to say it was the single most important act of kindness anyone had ever shown her son.

I could cite another 100 examples and it gives myself and the rest of the staff huge satisfaction when we see the impact that these gestures can have.

We constantly go the extra mile for our fans whenever we can, because we know how important these simple and random acts of kindness mean to fans. We don't always brag about it or advertise it. We just go about doing it because we genuinely believe that it's the right thing to do.

I often read things on this forum which are inaccurate but I normally just let them go. But this is really unfair criticism.

Your a joke m8

You get involved in every ones business and clearly know next to **** all about what is going on.

One Scott Davidson gave so many ST's away im amazed we didnt go bust, and there are plenty or other examples on here of what our club do to help others.

Now jog along its way past your bedtime !

I think Robbo should apologise, if he is man enough

It's clear he saw this thread as a ticket to a quick way to bash the club, without knowing the facts, and has now been proven wrong and in fact been quite dismissive to the efforts of many people at the club.

Robbored apologise, you must be joking !

When my brother Ian passed away in January, I asked Bristol CIty, through Dave L, if they could provide us with a home shirt with his name and 939 on the back. This shirt arrived within days, and I was advised that there was no charge.

Ian can now wear this shirt forever.

This is one of the "100 examples" in Dave L's post, and one for which my Ian's family were very grateful.

This and other actions by various organisations of our Club, read Dave L's blog of 20th February for details, are why I am always proud to be a supporter of Bristol City, even when things are not going so well on the pitch.

Dave

Top top club everton. A few years ago at a time of great personal sadness +difficulty for me city gave me a lot of kindness + help. Unfortunately the two city officials who made the decision that enabled that to happen were victims of the summer cull. I can't imagine the soulless corporate number crunchers who run the club nowadays. Having the same humanity!

Kevin Ratcliffe. What a defender!. The thought of having someone like him in our current squad makes me positively dribble with anticipation...

Southall, Ratcliffe, Reid, Steven, Sheedy, Lineker, Sharp, Gray - they had some class players over a 3 or 4 year period there

Anyway, back to Robbo bashing City, which this thread was obviously about in the first place......

Until this thread I was unaware of anything that the club had done to compare with the OP post about Everton. Why was I so unaware? largely because I haven't read or seen any reference to such acts of goodwill carried out by City, other than the usual school/sick children visits which gets significant coverage.

Maybe the club should 'flag up' some of the things they do and then people like me wouldn't jump the the wrong conclusion.

Until this thread I was unaware of anything that the club had done to compare with the OP post about Everton. Why was I so unaware? largely because I haven't read or seen any reference to such acts of goodwill carried out by City, other than the usual school/sick children visits which gets significant coverage.

Maybe the club should 'flag up' some of the things they do and then people like me wouldn't jump the the wrong conclusion.

So you aren't going to apologise as City are doing it out of kindness, not just PR

You know something we don't? If City have done something similar then I'll take it back.

Right then, on the death of my Father last October (City for all his life, 1982 Share Holder, Season Ticket Holder For Many Years)

I contacted the Club........... I asked about purchasing a ticket for the next home game for my Dad.......

The Club sent me a ticket for where he used to sit free of charge, in the seat with his name on it (he bought one of those plaques back in the day)........

It was not a season ticket but we buried my Dad shortly after with that ticket in his hands for that game, for his beloved Bristol City FC.

Thank you BCFC........ It really meant so much, still does and posting this brought a tear to my eye (edit real proper tears not just for the sake of saying it).

Love you Dad........ love you BCFC!

Archived