IGNORED

Gas Stadium Financing

Rich

I don't think I said that it was? The key difference as Dancing Danny says above is that we have no "partners"" to accommodate.

I know you didn't say it, Friendlygas was trying to say that your situation is somehow more superior to ours.

In regards 'Partners to accommodate' I got the impression that BRFC would've been quite happy to have the rugby at the UWE and the extra income they bring. The way some Gasheads have been crying and bitching about the rugby club getting into bed with SL would suggest they feel the same.

I know you didn't say it, Friendlygas was trying to say that your situation is somehow more superior to ours.

In regards 'Partners to accommodate' I got the impression that BRFC would've been quite happy to have the rugby at the UWE and the extra income they bring. The way some Gasheads have been crying and bitching about the rugby club getting into bed with SL would suggest they feel the same.

The income would have been very welcome, but as they do not have the same owner there would be no potential conflict of interest between the two clubs, which seems to be a source of concern for at least some of your fans.

I'm pretty sure UWE will be financing a fair portion of the behind the scenes work.

Despite the fact that this stadium will only be used ONCE for UWE grass sports teams per sporting season.

Absoloute disgrace if you ask me, seeing as I'm at UWE and play for one of the teams who would benefit from using the stadium's facilities. Why call it a UWE stadium when realistically its the Bristol Rovers Stadium @ UWE?

but as they do not have the same owner there would be no potential conflict of interest between the two clubs

I'm not sure where there is a conflict of interest. The Rugby club play Rugby and football club play football. Surely it's the same as a majority shareholder of a football club having other business interests outside of sport? I don't really know why many Gasheads (not you) make such a big deal out of it. As for the stadium, the worst I can see happening is some different coloured lights when the Rugby are at home, whoopie shit!

If Lansdown wasn't one of the richest men in the country I might be worried he was biting off more than he can financially chew.

I'm pretty sure UWE will be financing a fair portion of the behind the scenes work.

Despite the fact that this stadium will only be used ONCE for UWE grass sports teams per sporting season.

Absoloute disgrace if you ask me, seeing as I'm at UWE and play for one of the teams who would benefit from using the stadium's facilities. Why call it a UWE stadium when realistically its the Bristol Rovers Stadium @ UWE?

UWE have made it quite clear (in response to questions from your student union) that they will be making no financial contribution to the stadium. They will be paying for a car park which replaces one of theirs whose temporary planning permission is running out.

Calling it UWE Stadium gives them constant low level advertising. A large proportion of keen football followers can name most club's grounds. American Express is very well known, but they still consider it worth their while to spend millions naming Brighton's ground.

UWE have made it quite clear (in response to questions from your student union) that they will be making no financial contribution to the stadium. They will be paying for a car park which replaces one of theirs whose temporary planning permission is running out.

Calling it UWE Stadium gives them constant low level advertising. A large proportion of keen football followers can name most club's grounds. American Express is very well known, but they still consider it worth their while to spend millions naming Brighton's ground.

It's still a joke to call it a UWE stadium when it is not for UWE students. It's for Bristol Rovers. Utter shit.

It's still a joke to call it a UWE stadium when it is not for UWE students. It's for Bristol Rovers. Utter shit.

I imagine that it's UWE who have insisted on the name. The AMEX Stadium isn't exclusively for American Express card holders. Why don't you take it up with the vice chancellor if you feel that strongly?

However The UWE Bristol Stadium financed I cant wait for it to happen, I also look forward to the Ashton Vale fiasco getting sorted so Bristol has 2 new Stadia to be genuinely proud.

Whilst banter with each other is fun, having both clubs pushing on could be the catalyst for real success. I was brought up on fiesty local derbies, not make believe ones with other clubs as there is only one derby for me and that's with you. Its our fault for being so poor this last decade, with The UWE Bristol Stadium hopefully they will become regular occurrences again.

Regards Rich utg

However The UWE Bristol Stadium financed I cant wait for it to happen, I also look forward to the Ashton Vale fiasco getting sorted so Bristol has 2 new Stadia to be genuinely proud.

Whilst banter with each other is fun, having both clubs pushing on could be the catalyst for real success. I was brought up on fiesty local derbies, not make believe ones with other clubs as there is only one derby for me and that's with you. Its our fault for being so poor this last decade, with The UWE Bristol Stadium hopefully they will become regular occurrences again.

Regards Rich utg

oh but it's soo much more fun to see you rotting away in league two.

I was brought up on fiesty local derbies, not make believe ones with other clubs as there is only one derby for me and that's with you. Its our fault for being so poor this last decade, with The UWE Bristol Stadium hopefully they will become regular occurrences again.

Regards Rich utg

I bet you do hope for that!

The key difference is that Rovers don't have 'equal partners' shaping the development and yet still think they're no.1.

The City fans have yet to grasp that Stadium income goes to Mr Lansdown / Bristol Sport Ltd NOT Bristol City.

The big winner from AV / redeveloped AG (which Mr Lansdown himself said was not feasible in the long term hence the need for AV!) is Mr Lansdown :-)

Very shrewd businessman. What is the rate of interest he has on the 'loans' / debt he has secured on the FC by the way? ;)

Can you tell me where the current stadium income from the rugby ground goes and where the income from the proposed stadium will go, because as far as I can tell, it goes and will go to the same recipients, Higgs/Dunceford and not the football club.

Can you also tell me how the debt will dissappear from the development costs of £40-50m.

I'd also like to know how the board plan to offset the loss of income from their soon to be former tennants.

You know full well that the rugby club will be tennants and not partners of any holding company at AG or AV. The term partner was used by the rugby club hierarchy to appease their fans and subsequently corrected.

Even if they were partners, so what, the extra income will be welcome. As you know, any income raised regardless of where from goes towards the running costs of the stadium, if there weren't that income source then it would need to come from elsewhere, ie; the football club. As far as I can tell, a succesful rugby club would provide a massive income towards the stadium, that income will be sorely missed by the owners of the new stadium at UWE and might be the reason for current concerns over costings.

Can you tell me how much interest the owners of BRFC holdings are earning/charging for the development of that new stadium.

Lot's of questions I know, so answer them one by one, it's easier.

I think Mr Lansdown is charging about 2% and then issuing shares to himself to the same value, as he's done in the past.

It's predominantly Mrs Lansdown and her son Jon that are the real city fans, followed by SL, so all three would need to shaft the club and what would they get back for their investment? = the value of the current assets (£20m) for the stadium. Not the actions of someone that's trying to make a killing eh!.

As far as I can tell the only ones to have really shafted anayone over was Dunceford, to the rugby club. You never know what the costs to the football club tennents at UWE will be either without co tennents to share the financial burden..

Can you tell me where the current stadium income from the rugby ground goes and where the income from the proposed stadium will go, because as far as I can tell, it goes and will go to the same recipients, Higgs/Dunceford and not the football club.

BRFC 1883 Ltd

Can you also tell me how the debt will dissappear from the development costs of £40-50m.

Probably a considerable overestimate, see posts 36 and 66

I'd also like to know how the board plan to offset the loss of income from their soon to be former tennants.

Good question, no idea

You know full well that the rugby club will be tennants and not partners of any holding company at AG or AV. The term partner was used by the rugby club hierarchy to appease their fans and subsequently corrected.

Even if they were partners, so what, the extra income will be welcome. As you know, any income raised regardless of where from goes towards the running costs of the stadium, if there weren't that income source then it would need to come from elsewhere, ie; the football club. As far as I can tell, a succesful rugby club would provide a massive income towards the stadium, that income will be sorely missed by the owners of the new stadium at UWE and might be the reason for current concerns over costings.

The rent was rumoured to be £100,000 p.a. Useful but not crippling.

Can you tell me how much interest the owners of BRFC holdings are earning/charging for the development of that new stadium.

Nick Higgs has converted some of his loans to shares (as does SL) as part of the agreement with UWE is that we are debt free when we move in. If this was a standalone project then it would be very tempting to say, here we go again, when will this one fall flat on its face. However, there is no way UWE are going to be involved in a high profile development on their site that doesn't stand up financially. We may not know all the details, but UWE do and seem happy enough.

I think Mr Lansdown is charging about 2% and then issuing shares to himself to the same value, as he's done in the past.

It's predominantly Mrs Lansdown and her son Jon that are the real city fans, followed by SL, so all three would need to shaft the club and what would they get back for their investment? = the value of the current assets (£20m) for the stadium. Not the actions of someone that's trying to make a killing eh!.

As far as I can tell the only ones to have really shafted anayone over was Dunceford, to the rugby club. You never know what the costs to the football club tennents at UWE will be either without co tennents to share the financial burden..

Development costs have been put at between £40m and £50m, build costs might be less but the architects, consultants and everything else that goes with it, still have to be paid, they can't just right them off like Lansdown and Higgs do with share issues.

I was not only referring to the rental income lost from the rugby club, I was also referring to the lost income from food and drink outlets, which I believe are substantial.

Claiming to be debt free by the moving of debt means nothing, Higgs might have moved some of his loans into shares but they are relatively small loans, made to keep the club running. There will still be a cost of building the stadium as there will be with AG or AV, that debt has to be serviced and someone will have that debt.

UWE will be happy won't they, they're having a stadium built on their land for the cost of releasing that land FOC and having their profile raised. IF it goes tits up and a situation like that at Coventry happens, what have they lost compared to what have they gained.

All this talk of holding companys and not the clubs owning the stadiums is rubbish. The stadiums have been set up as seperate entinties to protect the football clubs, one can't and wont exist without the other.

The problem for you lot with AG, and correct me if I am wrong... is that you will be limited by your new capacity... 27,000? I know a few current Premier league clubs have capacities under 30k, but I'm pretty sure all are planning expansion apart from Wigan. I'm not sure about the possible hospitality/non matchday SL craves, but I'd imagine that is lower than AV as well?

You obviously do, unless you clicked on this thread just so you could write that?

Exactly right sir! Fed up of seeing threads about those lot on our forum! Isn't this forum named ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL!!!!?!?!?!?

I'm not sure where there is a conflict of interest. The Rugby club play Rugby and football club play football. Surely it's the same as a majority shareholder of a football club having other business interests outside of sport? I don't really know why many Gasheads (not you) make such a big deal out of it. As for the stadium, the worst I can see happening is some different coloured lights when the Rugby are at home, whoopie shit!

If Lansdown wasn't one of the richest men in the country I might be worried he was biting off more than he can financially chew.

The Rugby club coming on board will be a good thing for city. It seems very simplistic but surely charging the rugby club alot of money to play at Ashton gate will be good for the footballs financing. Both clubs owned by the same man will put us in a stronger position on FFP. Rugby clubs operate on a wage cap and from what i can tell cost a fraction to run compared to a football club. So not going to be a major distraction for SL. Them coming on board is just another piece of income for the club and it will be a much bigger income than Rovers ever got from them.

The problem for you lot with AG, and correct me if I am wrong... is that you will be limited by your new capacity... 27,000? I know a few current Premier league clubs have capacities under 30k, but I'm pretty sure all are planning expansion apart from Wigan. I'm not sure about the possible hospitality/non matchday SL craves, but I'd imagine that is lower than AV as well?

You obviously do, unless you clicked on this thread just so you could write that?

With safe standing it would be just under 30k, which is more than enough imo. If we do need more the club have said they will look at doing something with the atyeo to take it up by another couple of thousand. We need to get it done asap tbh, if we get planning permission this summer personally I would start it straight away, my main worry is that you guys will get your new stadium, come up to league one and will have a much better facilities to be able to compete at championship level and push on from there, we need to make sure we dont get left behind.

This might answer some of your questions Rich.

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/109667-nh-qa-summary-regarding-the-stadium/

So there is a funding gap and it wont leave Rovers debt free.

"The fundings in place, and had been for some time"

Cost £32m - £29m from Sainsbury's, £1.5m from the Football Trust plus the leases for the gym, store and teaching space. What gap?

Archived