IGNORED

Gas Stadium Financing

Rich

The cost will be more than you anticipate, It always is, If we build AV or redevelop AG the cost will be a couple millions over what the club say it will cost

If you take a look on that thread on the rovers forum it says their board will fund any difference. To be honest i think all this nit picking at their funding smacks of the green eyed monster, we have been waiting bloody years to get our stadium sorted and got no where, should have been moved in this season, and they have got to building stage without a hitch in about 18 months? All a bit gutting really. Its understandable people want to come up with these 'reasons' that there will be a spanner in the works, but the reality is they will start building in the summer. Sooner we develop the gate or get a new stadium the better, then we can stop worrying about their poxy identakit bowl (it looks just like mk dons, cardiff, swansea, or somewhere boring like that) and show them what a proper new ground looks like.

If you take a look on that thread on the rovers forum it says their board will fund any difference. To be honest i think all this nit picking at their funding smacks of the green eyed monster, we have been waiting bloody years to get our stadium sorted and got no where, should have been moved in this season, and they have got to building stage without a hitch in about 18 months? All a bit gutting really. Its understandable people want to come up with these 'reasons' that there will be a spanner in the works, but the reality is they will start building in the summer. Sooner we develop the gate or get a new stadium the better, then we can stop worrying about their poxy identakit bowl (it looks just like mk dons, cardiff, swansea, or somewhere boring like that) and show them what a proper new ground looks like.

I was just pointing out to our gashead 'friend' that it will cost more than anticipated, Nearly every new stadium costs more than first hoped.

I was just pointing out to our gashead 'friend' that it will cost more than anticipated, Nearly every new stadium costs more than first hoped.

The main build is fixed cost which is where the significant majority of the cost is allocated - so overspends will be limited to ancilliaries which will be smaller in comparision and for which, you would hope, appropriate contingencies have been provided in the original costings.

Like a few others I'm not sure where the existing debt is being covered from the explanation provided - I'm relatively satified with the stadium cost but debt is currently £6m and rising - how is this being cleared. This is still the unanswered question!

AV : soulless bowl with an additional tier on one side and a mini tier (a few rows of seats) on the other.

AG rebuild: soulless bowl with the existing Atyeo stand retained and an additional tier on one side.

If you honestly think either option is going to be traditional and full of character, you're wrong! Really. They'll both be new builds with a main seating 'bowl' but with an extra tier on the side.

AV : soulless bowl with an additional tier on one side and a mini tier (a few rows of seats) on the other.

AG rebuild: soulless bowl with the existing Atyeo stand retained and an additional tier on one side.

If you honestly think either option is going to be traditional and full of character, you're wrong! Really. They'll both be new builds with a main seating 'bowl' but with an extra tier on the side.

Whilst i agree they both look like bowls, av and certainly the new ag have unique aspects to the design, and you will be able to tell its citys ground. While of course your new stadium is ten times better than what you currently have at the mem, its of basic design similar to mk dons, cardiff or swansea, where both our designs are a little bit different, more like the amex or hull.

I think their income sources are spot on - a gym for 1000's of UWE students/workers, mini Superrmarket for 1000's of students/workers (will make a killing selling Red bull and snicker bars alone), conference, training rooms to rent out as well as the chance to offer pie, pint, match offers to UWE students for £10-£15.......

They will probably pull in more commercial revenue than us - meaning they will be able to compete better than us on wages etc (if they manage to bridge the league gap).

AG will simply not provide the same commercial opportunities, and seeing as we are not Leeds etc who have huge gate receipts/commercial income - we are going to find things tough.

I think their income sources are spot on - a gym for 1000's of UWE students/workers, mini Superrmarket for 1000's of students/workers (will make a killing selling Red bull and snicker bars alone), conference, training rooms to rent out as well as the chance to offer pie, pint, match offers to UWE students for £10-£15.......

They will probably pull in more commercial revenue than us - meaning they will be able to compete better than us on wages etc (if they manage to bridge the league gap).

AG will simply not provide the same commercial opportunities, and seeing as we are not Leeds etc who have huge gate receipts/commercial income - we are going to find things tough.

If you honestly believe that students are going to flock to watch football you are seriously delusional. If this was the case Cambridge and Oxford would be premier league sides.

Theres already a gym and sports hall out there fairly new as well, right next to the halls of residence and the astro pitch, so unless the one at the stadium is cheaper I doubt they'll get an influx of students as it certainly wont be nearer.

Filton Sainsbury's will be nearer to the existing halls of residence too - they might be building more student accomodation nearer to the stadium site though.

I imagine they will attract some matchday students during term time though, especially if they offer deals.

If you honestly believe that students are going to flock to watch football you are seriously delusional. If this was the case Cambridge and Oxford would be premier league sides.

Flock.......... not the word I would use - but give them a offer including food/beer then some will pop over for the game.... if they have fun and the prices are low then they may keep going/bring friends.... every person going through the turn-style is more money and a potential future fan.

Flock.......... not the word I would use - but give them a offer including food/beer then some will pop over for the game.... if they have fun and the prices are low then they may keep going/bring friends.... every person going through the turn-style is more money and a potential future fan.

They'll need to offer more than just cheap food and drink to get students out of bed before 3pm.

They'll need to offer more than just cheap food and drink to get students out of bed before 3pm.

Yoy reckon? Cheap drink used to do it for me. That said the union bar will be cheaper than pikey central.

The income would have been very welcome, but as they do not have the same owner there would be no potential conflict of interest between the two clubs, which seems to be a source of concern for at least some of your fans.

Although the rugby club brought in circa £100k a year in rent, and added bar & food takings etc, they were very much cost-neutral when you factor in the extra cost of pitch maintenance etc.

Until they get back into the Premiership there isn't any 'profit' from having them there.

Archived