IGNORED

Thanks Steve

reddoc

Don't blame the players, forget our puppet board. One man lost interest and we're right back where we started . Bit of a shame for the little people who really care . Thanks.Steve

So which player are you?.

Did SL make Fontaine score an own goal on saturday?.

Did SL make Baldock miss all those chances tonight?.

Did SL tell Fontaine to get knocked off the ball numerous times during the season which led to goals?.

The PLAYERS are 75% responsible for the mess we are in.

Don't blame the players, forget our puppet board. One man lost interest and we're right back where we started . Bit of a shame for the little people who really care . Thanks.Steve

Of course I would lose interest with 40 odd millon quid invested and wanting to throw more money at a new stadium. SL you should be ashamed !!

Fair replies. So a huge debt, one promotion , one relegation, a failed academy, no new stadium and several years of uninspiring football. Residents of Ashton Vale have a nice new village green though. And of course the infamous 'judge me on'. What are his achievements?

Fair replies. So a huge debt, one promotion , one relegation, a failed academy, no new stadium and several years of uninspiring football. Residents of Ashton Vale have a nice new village green though. And of course the infamous 'judge me on'. What are his achievements?

He clearly has a stronger brain than yours, though perhaps not an achievement ;)

Achieved legendary status at the club.

SL has done all and everything he could possibly do and then some again for this club.

One with big muscles you mean? Maybe we have to brain wrestle across a table? Try harder, it wasn't an unreasonable question.

Haha, you're funny fella.

I'd personally rate lansdown as our best and most sensible chairman we've had in recent times.

People high up in the hierarchy will always be slated but there's a reason he's there an earned his position as chairman.

Hardly a foreign nut job who doesn't care about the club is he?! I'd rather SL than one of those.

Achieved legendary status at the club.

SL has done all and everything he could possibly do and then some again for this club.

I accept this . Up to a point . Honorable intentions etc. I'm just stating the failures and asking what I'm missing. And yes personally I do think he's lost interest and allowed this to happen. Maybe there's a grand scheme. Just disappointed I guess.

I think a lot of the SL bashing is harsh here.

Of the managers he appointed, the only one that looked a bit iffy (to me) was Tinnion - I can forgive the Millan appointment because I don't think he had much choice at the time (how many times can you make someone 'caretaker' without giving them the job on a perm basis? Add to that, the fact that all the money had been spent by Coppell, and KM had been through a pre-season with them, so with a limited amount of input, he had - on paper - a good chance of hitting the ground running.

I was delighted when he hired - and fired - GJ, he'd gone as far as he could, was thrilled with SC took the job and was excited to see what McInnes was going to bring to the table. Shame none of that worked out, but the appointments seemed good (to me) at the time, and as a fan, he invested and backed the managers he appointed.

Various people on the radio moaning that we've signed sub-standard players (again, seemingly SL fault) - if you employ someone to manage the side, you can't then usurp all of their decisions. You have to back them.

As for the debt, agree that it is far too large, but it is owed to one person, and that person has said countless times they aren't about to pull the plug. A new/redeveloped stadium would increase revenue and with FFP it's essential if we are to get back to, and compete in the Championship. I don't see how SL could have foreseen the village green being granted.

Yeah, he isn't without (some) blame, but to point the finger as some people appear to strikes me as 'blame culture' rather than considered.

1 question

what has steve lansdown got out of bcfc

nothing but a massive hole in his wallet, a wallet which he ha made from nothing to do with football

i dont care what peope say, without sl we would not exist

The club was formed 55 years before SL was born wasn't it??

I think a lot of the SL bashing is harsh here.

Of the managers he appointed, the only one that looked a bit iffy (to me) was Tinnion - I can forgive the Millan appointment because I don't think he had much choice at the time (how many times can you make someone 'caretaker' without giving them the job on a perm basis? Add to that, the fact that all the money had been spent by Coppell, and KM had been through a pre-season with them, so with a limited amount of input, he had - on paper - a good chance of hitting the ground running.

I was delighted when he hired - and fired - GJ, he'd gone as far as he could, was thrilled with SC took the job and was excited to see what McInnes was going to bring to the table. Shame none of that worked out, but the appointments seemed good (to me) at the time, and as a fan, he invested and backed the managers he appointed.

Various people on the radio moaning that we've signed sub-standard players (again, seemingly SL fault) - if you employ someone to manage the side, you can't then usurp all of their decisions. You have to back them.

As for the debt, agree that it is far too large, but it is owed to one person, and that person has said countless times they aren't about to pull the plug. A new/redeveloped stadium would increase revenue and with FFP it's essential if we are to get back to, and compete in the Championship. I don't see how SL could have foreseen the village green being granted.

Yeah, he isn't without (some) blame, but to point the finger as some people appear to strikes me as 'blame culture' rather than considered.

Exactly Rob. Not sure he could have done more without a crystal ball. We sign a goalkeeper whose last game was for England against the Germans in the World Cup Finals and SL now gets slaughtered. All very easy in hindsight.

Ouch. You've hurt my feelings.

Taking all sense into account, it wouldn't seem you've made enough of a point to slate Steve L. If he left, would we end up in better hands?

I very much doubt that.

As for losing interest, we're a major part of his Bristol Sport PLC.

I accept this . Up to a point . Honorable intentions etc. I'm just stating the failures and asking what I'm missing. And yes personally I do think he's lost interest and allowed this to happen. Maybe there's a grand scheme. Just disappointed I guess.

He did all the right things, certainly from a fans point of veiw and more importantly he has backed us with money, he wont see that money again, its gone.

Im dissapointed too, the play off final sticks in my thoughts still.... it could have been so differant.... maybe the extera we needed to push the stadium through, alas.

from then on we seem to have been cursed with that memory and slowly found our way back down to league 1, but I cant see how SL is to blame for any of it directly.

Ah well, lets try it again, some great memories in leage 1 roughing it! Promotion was sweet, we have more victories to enjoy again i hope

He did all the right things, certainly from a fans point of veiw and more importantly he has backed us with money, he wont see that money again, its gone.

Im dissapointed too, the play off final sticks in my thoughts still.... it could have been so differant.... maybe the extera we needed to push the stadium through, alas.

from then on we seem to have been cursed with that memory and slowly found our way back down to league 1, but I cant see how SL is to blame for any of it directly.

Ah well, lets try it again, some great memories in leage 1 roughing it! Promotion was sweet, we have more victories to enjoy again i hope

Please drop it, you're being way too logical and optimistic for otib. They'll be requesting this thread gets deleted.

< though I agree with you >

Taking all sense into account, it wouldn't seem you've made enough of a point to slate Steve L. If he left, would we end up in better hands?

I very much doubt that.

As for losing interest, we're a major part of his Bristol Sport PLC.

At least I've made a point. I asked to be corrected. I still await a list of achievements . Pretty sure they'll come and I'll happily acknowledge them and was aware I'll receive the usual number of insults, but ok, tell me where I'm wrong?

Ouch. You've hurt my feelings.

Read your OP you TOOL. You put this down to SL. Lost interest... the guy is a local boy done good who has invested heavily in not only City but Bristol.

No blame needs to be apportioned.

Any one of us could of made the same decisions as SL. Back a young manager and pay out for top contracts.... surely that is what we wanted? Appoint what we all believed to be the 100% right choice in Coppell..... who argues with that? Trust a man who has developed with the club and back him with a handsome budget... again a brave but positive move.

Your OP smacks of ignorance and a general lack of intelligence

At least I've made a point. I asked to be corrected. I still await a list of achievements . Pretty sure they'll come and I'll happily acknowledge them and was aware I'll receive the usual number of insults, but ok, tell me where I'm wrong?

How are you 'defining' achievement.

I'd say that given our position, the only clubs who've 'over achieved' during SL reign are Blackpool and Burnley (although I stand to be corrected) - similar sized clubs to us, had a brief spell in the top flight and - most importantly - have stayed out of administration.

But if you can clarify what you define as an achievement, I might change my position.

Unless I'm ill-educated, where's the point you made to start the thread?

That he's lost interest? What sort of person (let alone a supporter of the club) comes to that conclusion?

Read your OP you TOOL. You put this down to SL. Lost interest... the guy is a local boy done good who has invested heavily in not only City but Bristol.

No blame needs to be apportioned.

Any one of us could of made the same decisions as SL. Back a young manager and pay out for top contracts.... surely that is what we wanted? Appoint what we all believed to be the 100% right choice in Coppell..... who argues with that? Trust a man who has developed with the club and back him with a handsome budget... again a brave but positive move.

Your OP smacks of ignorance and a general lack of intelligence

Oh no, we're not doing the IQ challenge now are we? OK you lose . That's almost certainly a fact unless you're claiming to be Madonna. Ignorance, now that's entirely possible, which is why I voiced an opinion rather than stating fact.

Archived