IGNORED

Thanks Steve

reddoc

If he loans us so much money......

How come near on every other club in our league spends more than we do?

Probably because they make more than we do.

Steve has loaned his money to cover the losses we make every year because we have been spending more than the club makes in income. There is a graph posted on this thread that for 2011-12 shows how much revenue each club had and from what sources. It graphically shows that financially we are small club in championship terms. It also demonstrates why we need either a new stadium or redevloped stadium, because we have to generate more income or cut costs, or both.

Under ffp everything is geared to living within our means, including how much a wealthy owner is allowed to put into the club. The simple truth for us is that we might have one fo the wealhtiest owners in the division, but he is financially impotent under the new financial rules. Not only do other clubs have greater revenues but under ffp those greater revenues will allow their owners to invest more of their money into those clubs.

Now we are dropping into the third division the ffp ruls get even tougher as they limit wages to no more than 60% ( I think) of our turnover so we have cut costs even harder and will have to manage with even less of Sl's fnancial support than in the championship.

In a round about way relegation could be good for us as is forcing us to do what is needed, but to do it quicker and harder than we would had we remained a championship team. It will clear the decks in terms of expensive player wages and while it might take a little time, I think we will be a financially stronger club when we get back into the championship.

If he loans us so much money......

How come near on every other club in our league spends more than we do?

every other club in this league have a higher turn over then us therefore have greater power in the transfer market and with wages,

althouh we are the 6th highest in the league (I think) on wages,

Who do you think pays for these wages as its not the fans, our ticket revenue barely covers the money we spent in the summer

So which player are you?.

Did SL make Fontaine score an own goal on saturday?.

Did SL make Baldock miss all those chances tonight?.

Did SL tell Fontaine to get knocked off the ball numerous times during the season which led to goals?.

The PLAYERS are 75% responsible for the mess we are in.

Could of told them to? joke

Wrong, it was working fine until obvious weakness's in the side weren't replaced with the quality required, everything was going great.

It's only all gone tits up since the heart of the club has been ripped out, and replaced with people with no affinity with our football club, so obviously it's worse than before!

Monkeh you'd better get used to the idea that no player may ever come through our ranks to play at a higher level ever again, unfortunately that's the way it is now, no-one has the patience to wait for them to develop, and want immediate results.

I thought when the Premier League circus started importing complete teams from abroad, we'd see a knock on of quality players down the leagues.

Where the hell are they ? Sitting on their arses picking up ridiculous wages for not even playing, or playing for the likes of us!

but the ones have come through haven't been good enough for league two let alone the championship,

If we just used them then we'd be lower then the gas,

I'm sorry but the acadmeny needed an overhall which it now has but you will not see the result for another 5 or 6 years

you can't click and expect to produce championship standard players over night, they need coaching, the big gap we have experenced recently in players coming through is due to the coaching they recieved under johnson and millen (the old boy club), the changes McInnes has done will be better for the club but we won't see it for a while yet,

The fact that we are going and hopefully be approved a cat 2 status acadmeny is proof of this (puts us on par with current championship clubs like birmingham, cardiff and ipswich as well as a few prem clubs)

If we didn't make these changes when we did we would only get a cat 3 or 4 which would put us with the likes of the gas Bradford Exeter etc

Make your minds up children...

Do you want an owner like SL or like Mr Tan at Cardiff?

From the way we slam the Redbirds for "selling out" I would guess the answer is SL ...correct?

If so the knockers are certainly going the right way to keep him interested... or is it they want a foreign outside owner but not got the guts to say it?

David James & Nicky hunt were signed by SL not coppell. Signed them under the nose of coppell. I met coppell a couple if times aldershot away & Blackpool home both pre season & he wasn't happy & made that clear to any questions he was asked. I got it from the horses mouth.

So SL signed James and Hunt but Coppout signed Adomah and Cisse I suppose. I suggest you go back to your horse and check which end you were listening to.

So SL signed James and Hunt but Coppout signed Adomah and Cisse I suppose. I suggest you go back to your horse and check which end you were listening to.

Probably the high one you're on! Wasn't there a strong rumour that the Adonah deal was set up by GJ before he left?

Probably the high one you're on! Wasn't there a strong rumour that the Adonah deal was set up by GJ before he left?

I was just making the point that the "newbie poster" claims that our failures (Hunt and James for example) had to be players signed by SL personally whilst any successes (Cisse and Albert) couldn't possibly have been SL signings.

I was just making the point that the "newbie poster" claims that our failures (Hunt and James for example) had to be players signed by SL personally whilst any successes (Cisse and Albert) couldn't possibly have been SL signings.

if they were lansdown signings SC would of left the day there were made not wait until we lose to southend

:laugh: indeed!

Let's briefly examine this bloke's story. To believe it we have to take on accept that:

A) Coppell decides to mentally unburden himself and reveal confidential club business to some complete stranger in the crowd at a pre-season friendly.

B) That he declares himself unhappy at Hunt and James being bought by SL in the course of a game at Aldershot SEVEN DAYS BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY SIGN!

C) That Lansdown would have even have heard of Nicky Hunt, let alone insisted on us signing him.

Now, I believe it entirely probable that making a "big name" signing like James was Lansdown's idea. He may even have been the one to make the initial soundings on him.

But Steve's not a fool. He's a very savvy guy, and he is neither a self-proclaimed football expert or an ego-on-a-stick like Mike Ashley (etc) I can't see that he'd not have sounded out the manager and had his consent before venturing his personal money on the project.

And at the time Coppell cut and ran, we had no idea how poorly the David James experiment was going to pan out. And neither would he.

Had he been furious at a chairman signing players that he didn't want, he'd have walked earlier.

Let's face it, the whole "undermined by the board" scenario is a total myth.

[waits to see how long it is before someone claims that their "highly placed but anonymous" source has assured them it's true :ph34r: ]

Archived