IGNORED

Touchy Sod

New Dazzler

I was really pleased when SOD was appointed, and thought his attitude to the media was refreshing, his "won't suffer fools gladly" attitude to the usual questions from local journos after the game made them think twice before asking the same pointless questions.

I sincerely hope that he can get rid of the deadwood and the "cosy club" that exists here and get us back in the Championship asap, his track record at this sort of level is good. BUT he is in danger of losing the fans, not just his ridiculous over-reaction at a bit of music played after tonight's game (which has troubled him enough to have a whinge on both Radio Bristol and now SSN), but I feel I can now see through his hostility to the media. From the outset, interviewers who were getting to know his style, knew he would get shirty at certain questions, as our position in the table worsened due to his diabolical away form, the questions he reacted to most badly were criticisms about the string of gutless defeats and even more to questions that dared to question his selection/tactics.

So a few weeks after sorting things out at home, but after another away defeat (Wolves) a Radio Bristol hack asks him how he he is going to improve things, SOD basically tells him there is nothing to improve as the performance level was good (even though it was bad!) - next question! At this point I started to cringe because of his stance and general stroppiness, the interviewers were now only prepared to ask only "soft" questions for fear of getting their heads bitten off!

So yes he fooled me at first, but thinking about it this is a common tactic from people who like to intimidate, thus preventing people asking them for some sort of "kindness" or humility - I'm sure we all know people like this at work in your social life. My making himself virtually unapproachable, no-one is going to question his methods as he will try and make a fool out of them. The fuss over "Always look on the bright side" has now taken on a life of its own, and very conveniently taken the attention away from SOD's failure to keep us up, not a "close blood and thunder till the final game" failure, but a "going down without a whimper" pathetic failure.

I am very much in the "jury's out" on SOD camp now, lets hope he can turn this round!

I'm still confused at the "results don't matter as the performances are there" comment. Can't say I know many football fans who walk away celebrating a great performance in a loss and crying over a bad performance but three points.

Wait... does SO'D even know were relegated? He's said god knows how many times that he refuses to look at the table.

I'm still confused at the "results don't matter as the performances are there" comment. Can't say I know many football fans who walk away celebrating a great performance in a loss and crying over a bad performance but three points.

Wait... does SO'D even know were relegated? He's said god knows how many times that he refuses to look at the table.

His point about performances over results is that it is impossible to get better at winning games without first improving your performances. Sometimes you play badly and win, for example of the opposition have a man sent off, or they score an own goal, etc., but you cannot plan for these things, all you can do is try to improve your performances.

I also dislike his interview style however.

His theory is that once you can perform you will turn the performance into victorys. That was a long shot for what he had left in a season and the level of players we have.

Do you not read/listen to interviews? If so then you'd have noticed his clear theory to gain 3 points.

No excuse. Simply embarrassed by how badly club Comes across. What awful choice of song. I'm not convinced that Alex Furguson could help us wih current board, unfortunately our problems are much deeper than the manager. Easy to pass judgement without knowing circumstances that manager has to work in.

His theory is that once you can perform you will turn the performance into victorys. That was a long shot for what he had left in a season and the level of players we have.

Do you not read/listen to interviews? If so then you'd have noticed his clear theory to gain 3 points.

It's a sensible theory, though maybe not the right one for the mess we were in - but he stuck to his principles which is a big step forward from the previous manager.

I don't think it was that much of a long shot. I honestly don't believe the players we have at City are as bad as everyone makes out. Remember, we were 5-1 up against Barnsley and playing brilliantly, and we also beat Watford and Middlesboro and drew with Brighton. So the fact that the players have lost so many games since then suggests one of two things:

1. The board instructed SOD and the team to lose games on purpose so that we would get relegated and could rebuild, or

2. SOD just doesn't cut it as a manager

I don't think it was that much of a long shot. I honestly don't believe the players we have at City are as bad as everyone makes out. Remember, we were 5-1 up against Barnsley and playing brilliantly, and we also beat Watford and Middlesboro and drew with Brighton. So the fact that the players have lost so many games since then suggests one of two things:

1. The board instructed SOD and the team to lose games on purpose so that we would get relegated and could rebuild, or

All the mentioned impressive home results were under SOD. So his theory was working to extent at home.

Now the two theories you've stated ate ridiculous to put it in a nice way. ******* stupid in a not so nice way.

SOD is a theorist and theories aren't perfect, so it won't work all the time.

All the mentioned impressive home results were under SOD. So his theory was working to extent at home.

Now the two theories you've stated ate ridiculous to put it in a nice way. ******* stupid in a not so nice way.

SOD is a theorist and theories aren't perfect, so it won't work all the time.

You can be a theorist all you like but if it's not bringing results, it means nothing. Five defeats from six crucial games suggests those theories might not be working too well.

You can be a theorist all you like but if it's not bringing results, it means nothing. Five defeats from six crucial games suggests those theories might not be working too well.

Any loss in a match brings nothing to the league table, indeed.

His theory's have proven to be effective. Don't want to point the finger but John Stead was a big part of putting theory into practice!

But still, he stuck with his theories, as a theorist in any field would. Bit of a buzz word, but theorists are more than the average.

I believe he can bring success. Just too late and unfortunate this season.

You could equally say he's inherited a team that just isn't capable of playing his style of game.

Hopefully next season he'll get the people in that he needs, because if we just get left with the dregs of this year's team that we can't offload, then god help us :pray:

SOD in 'Manager with his own philosophy and is prone to being a touchy get' shocker.

As always, it's the case that the manager's got his job to do and we speculate.

I just hope the club finds some state of stability and that SODS law proves fruitful (sorry).

first job handed too him, keep us up= fail

i still have far more confidence in sod than del boy, there was 5 wins and 2 draws in the first 7 home games, away form if anything took a dip, still think sod ended up with more points than del boy would have.

we just got a face it, we were crap and the worst team in the division.

the offload list of players will tell you were we wanna be, the md did look fed up.

My god, this is quite honestly the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Do yourself a favour and take a long walk.

I was really pleased when SOD was appointed, and thought his attitude to the media was refreshing, his "won't suffer fools gladly" attitude to the usual questions from local journos after the game made them think twice before asking the same pointless questions.

I sincerely hope that he can get rid of the deadwood and the "cosy club" that exists here and get us back in the Championship asap, his track record at this sort of level is good. BUT he is in danger of losing the fans, not just his ridiculous over-reaction at a bit of music played after tonight's game (which has troubled him enough to have a whinge on both Radio Bristol and now SSN), but I feel I can now see through his hostility to the media. From the outset, interviewers who were getting to know his style, knew he would get shirty at certain questions, as our position in the table worsened due to his diabolical away form, the questions he reacted to most badly were criticisms about the string of gutless defeats and even more to questions that dared to question his selection/tactics.

So a few weeks after sorting things out at home, but after another away defeat (Wolves) a Radio Bristol hack asks him how he he is going to improve things, SOD basically tells him there is nothing to improve as the performance level was good (even though it was bad!) - next question! At this point I started to cringe because of his stance and general stroppiness, the interviewers were now only prepared to ask only "soft" questions for fear of getting their heads bitten off!

So yes he fooled me at first, but thinking about it this is a common tactic from people who like to intimidate, thus preventing people asking them for some sort of "kindness" or humility - I'm sure we all know people like this at work in your social life. My making himself virtually unapproachable, no-one is going to question his methods as he will try and make a fool out of them. The fuss over "Always look on the bright side" has now taken on a life of its own, and very conveniently taken the attention away from SOD's failure to keep us up, not a "close blood and thunder till the final game" failure, but a "going down without a whimper" pathetic failure.

I am very much in the "jury's out" on SOD camp now, lets hope he can turn this round!

agree the jury is very much out.will be very telling as to who goes(playing staff)who comes in and the shape of the side/style of play-will be a while before we can get the jury back in!

+1. I see through him.... Whether he likes it or not this is a results business - so far he's failing.

Have you listened to or rather understood anything O'Driscoll has said?

If you had you would have some grasp of why and how he's been restricted by the resources at his disposal.

So only 10% down to McInnes then?

If you take results from when O'Driscoll took over and put the average over the season City would have been comfortably in mid-table had he been in charge all season.

yes,

the same core did it to Johnson Millen, Mcinnes and if they are here next season they will do it to SoD they have let the fans down and the club down over and over over again,

Archived