IGNORED

Touchy Sod

New Dazzler

No and neither is a polite reply.

What about you Lew, lets use your decorating a house theroy shall we...................your next decorator does the next room and produces a equally if not worse job do you let him finish the rest of the house on that hope he eventually gets it right or fire him ?

Next room? So he leaves the damage does he? Don't think so!

You studying politics JT by any chance ?

So by your candid response can I say you would advocate a full "long term" season even if we have a very poor start ie: our current form ?

History, TB. Essentially politics though.

Yes, a full season and more. Poor start is expected from me with what will undoubtedly be an entirely new side. There's rarely been a side that doesn't take 10 games to gel properly anyway.

History, TB. Essentially politics though.

Yes, a full season and more. Poor start is expected from me with what will undoubtedly be an entirely new side. There's rarely been a side that doesn't take 10 games to gel properly anyway.

Your good, future MP Im sure ;)

Why not allow McInnes that luxury,complete a full season ?

After all he even managed to keep us up when he took over .

Your good, future MP Im sure ;)

Why not allow McInnes that luxury,complete a full season ?

After all he even managed to keep us up when he took over .

Because he only kept us up through massive expenditure on short term fixes, given the summer months he achieved nothing with his signings by ignoring the obvious weaknesses in the squad.

When Del was sacked it was obvious he was not ever going to be the man for the job. I should point out that I backed del til very close to the end, I wanted him to get the chance to fix the mess but it became apparent he simply wasn't capable of doing so.

Nothing I have seen from SOD has indicated to me we are in a worse shape than under Del, performances have improved, results will follow as that continues. That's his mantra and it's one I completely agree with.

We've witnessed a vast improvement in organisation and performance vast improvement in home results but zero away from home

Very true. O'Driscoll plays a more attacking way at AG which is why results improved until recently). Away results have been frankly terrible but O'Driscoll says its because he hasn't had the players to play the same style as he does at AG.

Make of that what you will.

Because he only kept us up through massive expenditure on short term fixes, given the summer months he achieved nothing with his signings by ignoring the obvious weaknesses in the squad.

When Del was sacked it was obvious he was not ever going to be the man for the job. I should point out that I backed del til very close to the end, I wanted him to get the chance to fix the mess but it became apparent he simply wasn't capable of doing so.

Nothing I have seen from SOD has indicated to me we are in a worse shape than under Del, performances have improved, results will follow as that continues. That's his mantra and it's one I completely agree with.

We will have to agree to disagree on bits of this JT as Im not seeing a great deal of any improvement and as I keep saying and getting ignored, if we continue on current form it will be worse than when McInnes left, so will struggle to find positives in that !

Any ways good on you for giving a reasonable debate, time will tell I guess.

Very true. O'Driscoll plays a more attacking way at AG which is why results improved until recently). Away results have been frankly terrible but O'Driscoll says its because he hasn't had the players to play the same style as he does at AG.

Make of that what you will.

So we have the players at home to play attacking football but not away ?

I dont know what to make of that !

What about you Robbo how many games next season if we continue current form ?

We will have to agree to disagree on bits of this JT as Im not seeing a great deal of any improvement and as I keep saying and getting ignored, if we continue on current form it will be worse than when McInnes left, so will struggle to find positives in that !

Any ways good on you for giving a reasonable debate, time will tell I guess.

Fair enough.

Just a few examples of improvement for you though.

No clean sheets before SOD, now we have a few and look much stronger at the back (at home anyway having only conceded 2 twice)

We look much more focused in out attacks rather than leaving it to chance and luck like Del did. There are clear and obvious tactics that the team are playing to which are generally justified by the managers assessment of the opposition. Sometimes they don't work, but that's true of any team.

This all with a team that are grossly incompetent at this level and have been assembled with no plan or formation in mind. Nothing Del did in the summer makes any sense. His purchases all smack of panic buying bar Cunningham.

Fair enough.

Just a few examples of improvement for you though.

No clean sheets before SOD, now we have a few and look much stronger at the back (at home anyway having only conceded 2 twice)

We look much more focused in out attacks rather than leaving it to chance and luck like Del did. There are clear and obvious tactics that the team are playing to which are generally justified by the managers assessment of the opposition. Sometimes they don't work, but that's true of any team.

This all with a team that are grossly incompetent at this level and have been assembled with no plan or formation in mind. Nothing Del did in the summer makes any sense. His purchases all smack of panic buying bar Cunningham.

we concided at home against Barnsley Bolton and Birmingham, but your point still stands,

5 game bad run lets replace the manager,

Lets do a blackburn and have 5 in one season look how much good its done them,

He came in at the end of the transfer window with a wage bill 160% of our turnover and you wonder why he couldn't do much in terms of bringing in his own players?

Ahhhhhh right so youd keep him there and make sure he did the job correctly before getting rid and getting the new decorator in ?

No you've missed my point. I meant the new decorator would move onto a next room before re-starting the damaged one? Papering the cracks, something that we've done and need to learn from.

we concided at home against Barnsley Bolton and Birmingham, but your point still stands,

5 game bad run lets replace the manager,

Lets do a blackburn and have 5 in one season look how much good its done them,

He came in at the end of the transfer window with a wage bill 160% of our turnover and you wonder why he couldn't do much in terms of bringing in his own players?

Monkeh not sure if thats directed at me but Im not advocating a change of manager Im giving a different perspective.

We all want stability just dont see what SOD has done to show that "yet"

No you've missed my point. I meant the new decorator would move onto a next room before re-starting the damaged one? Papering the cracks, something that we've done and need to learn from.

Your missing mine , the new decorator is just as bad so why let him continue as well ?

Any way as every poster on here, apart from JT, has skipped answering the question because they dont hold his convictions deep down Im going to leave it.

Monkeh not sure if thats directed at me but Im not advocating a change of manager Im giving a different perspective.

We all want stability just dont see what SOD has done to show that "yet"

not really just at people in genreal calling for a change or getting on his back already,

He like Millen (who i didn't want) and McInnes needs a full pre-season and at least until xmas before we can actually judge him,

He's come in fire fighting, and to a degree we did, we improved as a team, but there are far to many wasters here not putting a shift in,

any manager head coach whatever who comes if is working with a blindfold and both hands tied behind their backs due to the amount of crap here picked up by 3 of our previous 4 manager (Coppell McInnes and Millen)

Under SOD we've got 18 points from an available 51 points - roughly 35%

Under DM we got 22 from 78 which is about 28%.

If SOD had kept that rate through a whole season (35% of available 138 points) we'd have 48 points at the end of the season. If DM were in charge we'd have ended up with 38 points - (we're on 40 now)

We'd still have been relegated but I guess we're all hoping that he can improve on that performance next season.

not really just at people in genreal calling for a change or getting on his back already,

He like Millen (who i didn't want) and McInnes needs a full pre-season and at least until xmas before we can actually judge him,

He's come in fire fighting, and to a degree we did, we improved as a team, but there are far to many wasters here not putting a shift in,

any manager head coach whatever who comes if is working with a blindfold and both hands tied behind their backs due to the amount of crap here picked up by 3 of our previous 4 manager (Coppell McInnes and Millen)

On his back yes, because expectations were high, but calling for a management change I havent seen (apart from a few sags) to be honest.

Im suprised youve said Xmas as that was roughly when DM was sacked and would leave us in exactly the same postion as we are now if we are in that position again !

So only 10% down to McInnes then?

If you take results from when O'Driscoll took over and put the average over the season City would have been comfortably in mid-table had he been in charge all season.

We'd still be bottom.

P17 W5 D3 L9 = 18pts.Average 1.05 per game over our current 43 games = 45 points.

That is with a squad of players he's not signed of course.

Still , he's got the whole summer to start building a squad in his own image now. Good luck Sean.

Next season will be when we see the real SOD, it will be his team, his preperation, his way of doing things. He'll not have an excuse then.

Thats when I'll judge him, Im mightily pissed off we're relegated, but not suprised with the rabble he inherited. Next season we'll see what he can do, and please god the rabble has been moved out..

He doesnt come across particularly well in interviews it has to be said. And you do need to have a relationship with the press wether you like it or not as a manager. the I dont look at the league tables quotes piss me off, cos its all about league tables...

Still next season we'll see now...

Didn't we say that about McKinnes?

So only 10% down to McInnes then?

If you take results from when O'Driscoll took over and put the average over the season City would have been comfortably in mid-table had he been in charge all season.

sod came here with 60 points to play for and has at this point got 19 that is less then 33 % most managers get the sack for less? dont only blame the players, he had most of the jan window and the whole of the loan window! Mcinnes found them bikey etc

the jury is still out with me, i think sod is a one trick pony with tactics etc, thats why doncaster and forest got rid, time will tell

One question I'd like to asl SO'D is this :- Given your philosophy is that it is all about performance and other factors such as the league table position, points on the board etc are irrelevant then why do you let an external factor such as venue influence your decision making? In other words why change the style of play and tactics just because the blades of grass are in a differnet lcation?

I'd also ask him ifr he agrees that failing to look at the points on the board mean he might fail to put out a team capable of an attacking goal scoring performance when the points require that rather than set up for an away draw when stranded at the bottom of the table in need of wins?

Your missing mine , the new decorator is just as bad so why let him continue as well ?

Any way as every poster on here, apart from JT, has skipped answering the question because they dont hold his convictions deep down Im going to leave it.

Not true. Statistics show that, I really can't be arsed to look but I remember looking at one of threads and somebody said with stats that with a full season with SOD in charge, we would of finished something like 14th.

Not true. Statistics show that, I really can't be arsed to look but I remember looking at one of threads and somebody said with stats that with a full season with SOD in charge, we would of finished something like 14th.

Right, not this one then that was posted earlier ?

Not a full season but based on the last 12 very important games, its all there in Red Yellow and Green :whistle2:

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship

True but didn't Millen, DMC and now SOD all gain initial success from the 'bounce' effect is it and then the players took over the running of the club once more to rack another managerial casualty.

Archived