IGNORED

Is Anyone Else A Tiny Bit Excited?

Brizzle Jordan

We have been relegated, ok so that is a big dissapointment and a bit of a tragedy in the clubs recent history.

However.. Looking at next season we will have lots of reasons to be excited.

Let's start with the management; we have a very proven manager in League One who happens to also like playing good football and give youth players a good chance which is what we've all wanted no?

The players; we are finally going to be getting rid of those overrated players and long term servants who didn't deserve to be at the club for so long. With so many players out of contract we will free up the wage bill a fair bit, then with some sales such as Albert Adomah for a fair sum we will have a good starting base to rebuild the squad.

I would like to see Cunningham and Baldock be willio play one season in League One and everyone else who people will say aren't going to want to stay, be sold/released.

This would be a good starting base for next year:

New GK

Maloney

New CB

New CB

Cunningham

New CM

New CM

Burns

New AM

Bryan

Baldock

4-2-3-1 formation.

The sooner we get over relegation the better but there is definitely nothing to suggest next year will be rubbish.

COYR

I wouldn't call it excitement at the thought of League 1 and all the crap that goes with it. 1st round FA Cup, Paint Pot Trophy and local derbies against the likes of Swindon and/or Yeovil. I'd call it disappointing.

I'm more curious than anything else to see how O'Driscoll goes about re-building the squad this summer and what style he sets out to play next season. He won't have the excuse of 'I don't have the players to play the way I want to' after he's brought in his own type of player come next season.

It'll be an interesting summer for sure.

The sarcastic and patronising comments are so out of line its unreal. As the elderly woman who sits behind me put it 'at least we still have our football on a saturday'. Its not the end of the world and we have to make the best of it. This is a huge chance for a reorganisation which the club needed post GJ. With the right changes and some patience, I can see very exciting years coming up. League one isnt too awful anyway, the cups...yeah I'll accept that. Overall it sucks we are down, but its happened, I'll be there giving my support as always.

The summer will finally/hopefully see the back of a large swathe of this team - if not then I do not really hold much hope - if the 11 players out of contract leave (barring Heaton) then I have some hope - if we keep hold of players who have not performed for 3-5 seasons in a row, then what the hell does the club expect - the dressing room and club need the old guard/players gone - out the club, out the training pitches, out of the dressing room and the newer players who have been here for just a season or 2 to finally become the voice/future of the club with new additions bolstering them. Lets see if they can then do what they need to without the old guard weighing them down.

nope...will be watching with interest to i hope see all the past sell by dates and not good enough/motivated enough shown the door.then it will be a "suck it and see" re;who comes in and the way the team and style of play is shaping come mid-season..the jury,until at least then will be out,re;the board and SOD.from me at least its not going to be blind devotion.

I'm finding it hard to take any positives the morning after a first relegation in 14 years. Excited? Definitely not.

I hope I feel different in August, but right now I'm looking forward to some time off from City and not having to worry about our results every weekend.

We have been relegated, ok so that is a big dissapointment and a bit of a tragedy in the clubs recent history.

However.. Looking at next season we will have lots of reasons to be excited.

Let's start with the management; we have a very proven manager in League One who happens to also like playing good football and give youth players a good chance which is what we've all wanted no?

The players; we are finally going to be getting rid of those overrated players and long term servants who didn't deserve to be at the club for so long. With so many players out of contract we will free up the wage bill a fair bit, then with some sales such as Albert Adomah for a fair sum we will have a good starting base to rebuild the squad.

I would like to see Cunningham and Baldock be willio play one season in League One and everyone else who people will say aren't going to want to stay, be sold/released.

This would be a good starting base for next year:

New GK

Maloney

New CB

New CB

Cunningham

New CM

New CM

Burns

New AM

Bryan

Baldock

4-2-3-1 formation.

The sooner we get over relegation the better but there is definitely nothing to suggest next year will be rubbish.

COYR

I wish I could share your enthusiasm mate.

On the one hand I am relieved that I don't have to worry about getting relegated each season, yet on the other, still worried about what the future holds!

Even though I knew it was coming I'm still gutted. Need to try and stay positive though!! We need to get things right and bounce right back.

We have the right man in charge now.

I am a little. Things have been a mess since The end of Johnson's reign here and there have been no signs of improvement. There have been signs of hope (Coppell) but these signs never really materialised into anything more.

This relegation will force us to let some player's deals run out and any clauses for relegation to come into effect. Even without those we know we need things to change on the financial side of the club. Things just haven't been working. This coupled with the emergence of some of our younger players (FINALLY) gives a feel for a little positivity. The likes of Joe Bryan and Wes Burns are obviously in the plans and Toby Ajala and Kevin Krans on the edge. Hopefully some of these guys can help to lay down some foundations. We may have to sit in League One for a couple of seasons but if we can finally get things right then hopefully we can take positives from the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Swansea who were all in League One less than five years ago. We all like to think we have the right man leading things now and hopefully that can lead to signs of improvement. We saw what change can bring in those first few weeks with the club, we got some clean sheets together and a good home run. Next season won't be easy and we won't know many of the players but we're in transition.

Anyone who thinks we will bounce straight back and is going to complain at a day one loss needs to come back into reality. We think we're bigger than we are and have been badly managed from the board in recent years. There is no point getting promoted again if the board haven't got things right or we'll overspend and come back down again and be in the complete same position counting how many relegations we've seen. There are very few positives from this season and so SO'D knows he can tear things apart to get it right. He's already started working on an available players list and knows better than anyone that things need to be different.

Don't expect things to suddenly be better because we're in a lower division and people will be scared to play us (they won't be), we're not going to be the big club many people here like to think we are. We're going to have a pretty unrecognisable side on day one I'd imagine and that's probably a good thing.

Personally will be a happy living in Suffolk as I do. I should be able to get to quite a lot of away games next season. Of course losing championship status s a bitter blow but I for one will be glad to see a team hopefully fighting at the right end of the table for once -the last 3 seasons have been very painful.

i'm interested to see who we sign in the summer for one thing, Moloney has been S.O'D's signing so far and I would think most people would agree he has been a good signing for us, if S.O'D can sign a few more like him we could have a promising team next season.

But excited about relegation? not really.

I am a little. Things have been a mess since The end of Johnson's reign here and there have been no signs of improvement. There have been signs of hope (Coppell) but these signs never really materialised into anything more.

This relegation will force us to let some player's deals run out and any clauses for relegation to come into effect. Even without those we know we need things to change on the financial side of the club. Things just haven't been working. This coupled with the emergence of some of our younger players (FINALLY) gives a feel for a little positivity. The likes of Joe Bryan and Wes Burns are obviously in the plans and Toby Ajala and Kevin Krans on the edge. Hopefully some of these guys can help to lay down some foundations. We may have to sit in League One for a couple of seasons but if we can finally get things right then hopefully we can take positives from the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Swansea who were all in League One less than five years ago. We all like to think we have the right man leading things now and hopefully that can lead to signs of improvement. We saw what change can bring in those first few weeks with the club, we got some clean sheets together and a good home run. Next season won't be easy and we won't know many of the players but we're in transition.

Anyone who thinks we will bounce straight back and is going to complain at a day one loss needs to come back into reality. We think we're bigger than we are and have been badly managed from the board in recent years. There is no point getting promoted again if the board haven't got things right or we'll overspend and come back down again and be in the complete same position counting how many relegations we've seen. There are very few positives from this season and so SO'D knows he can tear things apart to get it right. He's already started working on an available players list and knows better than anyone that things need to be different.

Don't expect things to suddenly be better because we're in a lower division and people will be scared to play us (they won't be), we're not going to be the big club many people here like to think we are. We're going to have a pretty unrecognisable side on day one I'd imagine and that's probably a good thing.

Great post, agree with every word.

For God's sake don't assume that next season is going to be a doddle. Our future will correspond to any one scenario that the 3 teams relegated last year have experienced. Portsmouth-fighting a relegation battle and seriously short of money, putting out scratch teams week after week (cf. Plymouth). Coventry-slowly and doggedly holding on to a mid-table position and rebuilding with fewer resources. Doncaster- bounced straight back with strong team spirit, an attitude they have long held onto despite losing some of their better players. Which will it be?

Archived