IGNORED

Tesco To Pull Plug On 100 New Stores

zippycar

May not sound Bristol City related, but where Tesco tread, Sainsbury’s are sure to follow.

Tesco today announced that they will no longer develop 100 new sites across the country and that supersized and ever bigger stores are no longer the way forward, particularly with the continued surge of online shopping.

Is this the reason that the redevelopment of Ashton Gate is once again being reconsidered?

Have Sainsbury's got cold feet over the purchase of Ashton Gate, even if they would have to pay a penalty from withdrawing from the deal?

What now for the Memorial Ground?

Absolute garbage comment.

Why should we be unable to get promotion to the Championship with a redeveloped 26K capacity ground? Instead of spouting rhetoric lets have a bit of detail.

But not without rebuilding Ashton Gate, basically a new ground, if as Ashton Great is suggesting we leave things as it is we will always struggle to compete financially at Championship level.

May not sound Bristol City related, but where Tesco tread, Sainsbury’s are sure to follow.

Tesco today announced that they will no longer develop 100 new sites across the country and that supersized and ever bigger stores are no longer the way forward, particularly with the continued surge of online shopping.

Is this the reason that the redevelopment of Ashton Gate is once again being reconsidered?

Have Sainsbury's got cold feet over the purchase of Ashton Gate, even if they would have to pay a penalty from withdrawing from the deal?

What now for the Memorial Ground?

why are people still thinking that AV is gonna happen-it wont..and why do they think we wont ever play higher than league one without a new ground?..guess they believe that moving into a new faciliaty will push gates up dramatically?..we struggle to acheive 14,000 average WITH Championship football!..

why are people still thinking that AV is gonna happen-it wont..and why do they think we wont ever play higher than league one without a new ground?..guess they believe that moving into a new faciliaty will push gates up dramatically?..we struggle to acheive 14,000 average WITH Championship football!..

Which is why it is essential the ground is able to generate as much non match day income as possible - with FFP rules our team is going to be restrained by our income. Look at the last reports for income for the Championship - that's what we are competing with, clubs with higher matchday income, higher commercial income, clubs with parachute payments - if we cannot compete for the best players, then we will struggle.

21a9be393207bd73548d72635895b579.png?136

No I believe J. Sainsbury are on a different trajectory now to that of Tesco. The polish has gone from the turd of tesco since whats his face stepped down from the helm. He saw it coming, did his marvellous stint and then rightly bailed.

You're not wrong, Sainsburys are raking in record profits and the core of their business plan is still the supermarket.

Tesco are about to lose 1 billion by pulling out of the USA. I am guessing this is why they are pulling in the purse strings.

I doubt very much Sainsburys will follow. Gives them more of a chance to make inroads into tesco's profit if anything

Absolute garbage comment.

Why should we be unable to get promotion to the Championship with a redeveloped 26K capacity ground? Instead of spouting rhetoric lets have a bit of detail.

because ashton gate is dated it has zero corprate facilites so it generates no proffit, we need the re-build or new ground to move forward, stay and ashton gate and it will be more of the same top end of league with brief spells in the league above,

We are the only ground in the top 3 leagues in this country that doesn't have any corprate facilities

That's that what I thought. A better AG was always the better option, and more cost effective, makes no difference to promotion at all.

of course it doesn't but sustaining it can't happen unless we are able to generate more income off field, which is the main reason we wanted ashton vale,

It was for crowds its what could of been done on non-match days,

Its the reason why in any redesign exe boxes etc are so important

Just a thought, but would it be worth the club buying up the houses behind the Atyeo, or has that already been rejected?

20 properties at say £200,000 each, £4,000,000 ( probably being a bit mean on price), also the selling party has to want to sell, knowing the club wanted house just to bulldoze and rebuild a stand, reckon most would hold the club to ransom and to be honest one couldn't blame em.

Even then you could get one like the house on the A38 where Airbus ( I think ) bought all the others, but have been held up for years by this one owner.

Just a thought, but would it be worth the club buying up the houses behind the Atyeo, or has that already been rejected?

Didn't we try that before the atyeo was built?

anyway Lansdown owns the old hireright place so theres more scope to do things on that side of the ground then there was say 3 or 4 years ago,

I do think the fans carpark will be greatly reduced if the rebuild goes ahead, but then we may well push ahead with a park and ride deal or something,

anyway its a long way off yet and who knows we may even beat the nimbys in court,

As I understand it BCFC already own a couple?

Look...we clearly need to increase turnover...........and not by just putting up ticket prices.....this is why AV was started in 1st place..

AG as it stands is not fit for that purpose ..... great for footy but no good for increasing turnover ,,,

Remember the re-development of AG is very much plan B (because you have to have a plan B so they tell us)

AV remains very much numero 1,,,

Here's a thought.........if Gas build their new stadium ........and we go the rebuild AG route........in order to be able to do the rebuild in one go we could end up playing there for a year or so while the work is carried out ....

Think about that one ....

I would have thought buying up Wickes and the old Braby factory would be a cheaper option, turn the pitch 90',

rebuild stand by stand including a new Dolman behind the goal. Mega!

As I understand it BCFC already own a couple?

Look...we clearly need to increase turnover...........and not by just putting up ticket prices.....this is why AV was started in 1st place..

AG as it stands is not fit for that purpose ..... great for footy but no good for increasing turnover ,,,

Remember the re-development of AG is very much plan B (because you have to have a plan B so they tell us)

AV remains very much numero 1,,,

Here's a thought.........if Gas build their new stadium ........and we go the rebuild AG route........in order to be able to do the rebuild in one go we could end up playing there for a year or so while the work is carried out ....

Think about that one ....

that wouldn't happen, didn't they say they'd do it in phases over the course of a season or two?

that wouldn't happen, didn't they say they'd do it in phases over the course of a season or two?

Not sure if timing of the phases have been discussed too deeply or not but as I see it

1 x stand at a time = approx 25% reduction in capacity for however long it takes - say 3 years ?

2 x stands at a time = 50% reduction - would take say 2 years?

either way it will take time to do it in stages......... & time = mucho more cost (as it does in everything) as well as reduced turnover so screwed both ends

A lot Easier & cheaper to do in one go...meaning we need somewhere to play while it is being done......they owe us for the fire days so it would make sense

Question is ....Would you go to UWE to watch us if we did?

Not sure if timing of the phases have been discussed too deeply or not but as I see it

1 x stand at a time = approx 25% reduction in capacity for however long it takes - say 3 years ?

either way it will take time to do it in stages......... & time = mucho more cost (as it does in everything) as well as reduced turnover so screwed both ends

A lot Easier & cheaper to do in one go...meaning we need somewhere to play while it is being done......they owe us for the fire days so it would make sense

It simply is not going to happen - in the same way we would not let them use AG. If AV does get rejected, we will just have to accept a 3-4 year rebuilding programme.

It wouldn't take 3 years per phase Ashton vale was going to take 3 years and thats a new build,

I'd say 6-12s per stand/phase with the stand which will have boxes in going first

Archived