IGNORED

Nyatanga Wants Out

Jon atyeo is my dad

Indeed, Nyatanga might well be in the 'SO'D would like to keep, but player decides to move on' camp. As opposed to 'the club desperate to get rid of, but can't' which may end up being a larger contingent.

He's certainly been impressive recently and might well be worth retaining alongside a new no nonsense ball winning colossus in the McFadzean mould.

If he goes he goes, if he stays so be it. I've got strong feelings about many of the players but I'm fairly indifferent to his future really.

Some of the comments on this thread are laughable. "One of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a City shirt", you're having a laugh aren't you?! I think we'll offer him a new deal but whether or not he takes it is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for a Championship team next year. He's not amazing by any means but he always received far too much stick. He's a reasonable defender who was always better than James Wilson. He'd be more than adequate for us in League One next season but as I've said it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign a Championship contract.

He's been playing league football since he was 16 and hasn't got any better, if he was any good he'd have showed consistent ability, the fact that as fans we are split on his ability and worth at the club speaks volumes.

I'll be glad to see the back of him, the fact that he hasn't been able to cement a place in what's been an awful defence for far too long is enough to make me wish him well for the future.

"Ball-playing defender". Epic fail, Sky Sports.

All credibility is lost in that story the moment he was described as ball-playing: only if you describe hoofing the ball 50 yards up field, onto the heads of the opposing fullbacks as 'playing the ball'.

I think we should try and keep him on the basis of his performance against Wednesday.

I know thats one game, but as I said before central defenders develop late (for us) and he looked like he was running the back four that day agaist a very tall side.

But we shouldn't pay over the odds on his salary.

Chances are he will go as a championship club will take a punt on him - although you never know with FFP

If we get a RCB to replace him, a decent one, next season could be an interesting one for Fonts.

Archived