IGNORED

Nyatanga Wants Out

Jon atyeo is my dad

City player interview asked if he wanted to stay, he said there will be a lot of changes and he's been here 6 years, completely blowing the answer yes or no off.

I think there could b a few surprises in players offered new deals who don't take them up.

Interesting summer ahead

Overall rating of nyatanga as a city player trying to be as fair as possible 6/10

Has been useless for the majority of the time he has been here but since SOD had to chuck him in the team in January due to injuries he hasnt looked as bad as he was previously (which is saying something) Unsure whether this is due to SODs coaching techniques or pure luck!

You do forget he is only 24, same age as James Wilson who people still refer to as a youngster so there is room for improvement. Part of me thinks it wouldnt be too bad to give him a one year deal and keep him on for next season even as backup but I still think he has had more than enough chances here and after 4 years its time to move on and freshen the squad up.

Good news. This has been a problem too long at Ashton Gate, clearly he's either not happy here or he's not up for a battle, either way his mentality has helped us drop down a division. Hopefully other players will join him who don't want to be here.

He's pants anyway IMO :dunno:

I don't normally comment on individual players, but imho, Nyatanga is one of the worst defenders i've ever seen in a City shirt...in fact defender full stop.

His positional sense is awful, he's slow, gets turned inside out all the time, not the best of headers, passes poorly, hardly ever makes a tackle, gives too much space, backs off way too much, positions his body poorly,makes poor decisions and has the most negative body language, poor vocally and not aggressive enough.

All I can say, is he must be bloody brilliant in training...because he very rarely produces on match day.

I'll be happy to see the back of him.

I don't normally comment on individual players, but imho, Nyatanga is one of the worst defenders i've ever seen in a City shirt...in fact defender full stop.

His positional sense is awful, he's slow, gets turned inside out all the time, not the best of headers, passes poorly, hardly ever makes a tackle, gives too much space, backs off way too much, positions his body poorly,makes poor decisions and has the most negative body language, poor vocally and not aggressive enough.

All I can say, is he must be bloody brilliant in training...because he very rarely produces on match day.

But apart from that, excellent !!

:D

..yep,six out of ten would be fairly generous and will be suprised if he is employed by a Championship outfit let alone be a regular starter!..anyone not wanting to take the challenge with determination/commitment then we are better off without em,and they better off by default.

But apart from that, why don't you rate him? ;)

I saw him against Wednesday and thought he was the opposite to all of that and held his own against a very big side.

For me the jury was out on him until that game and I've not seen him play since. I think a one year contract on L1 wages would be ideal becuase defenders especially central defenders seem to mature later on at City, I seem to remember years ago not being entirely convinced about a young Louis Carey. Caulker maybe an exception but we were never going to sign him.

Could be a good player alongside a decent right footed centre half

That would have been my assessment before S O'D's arrival. since then however, he's looked massively more assured and whilst still not the best distributor out of defence, has been a solid if unspectacular performer - compared to whichever nervous nelly is played next to him.

He's also still only 24 so he's still got the capacity to improve.

I took Sean's decision to make him captain against Brummingham as a sign that he'd probably like to keep him. If Lewin thinks Championship clubs are looking to rush in and buy a component of the worst defence in the league, he might be sadly disappointed. However, I think Graham C might be right and his dodging the question might be that he doesn't know if he will be retained or perhaps all the players have been asked to keep mum about contract speculation.

Maybe, I'm alone here, but I think LN could be a reasonable defender next season. We obviously need to buy one more CB so he may well be retained, particularly if his salary isn't quite as outlandish as some here suggest.

Nyatanga may have a good game here and there...but he's too inconsistant. You need a solid CB who you can rely on every week.

He was trying hard to hold the line against Birmingham, you could clearly see that....but nearly every worthwhile effort from Birmingham came through Nyatanga's weaknesses.

Sorry...he's just too weak and inconsistant for me.

Nyatanga may have a good game here and there...but he's too inconsistant. You need a solid CB who you can rely on every week.

He was trying hard to hold the line against Birmingham, you could clearly see that....but nearly every worthwhile effort from Birmingham came through Nyatanga's weaknesses.

Sorry...he's just too weak and inconsistant for me.

Hmmm, the normally ultra reliable Cunningham opened the way for their goal by performing a Fontaine style tumble when in the box.

I think the defence were not too bad when you consider some of the players they were keeping at bay.

They'll not have to deal with the likes of Burke etc in L1.

Is this going to be the theme for every player that leaves this summer?

Yeah, it hurts being relegated but I don't see why Nyatanga should exhibit any special attachment to Bristol City. He's given a non-committal answer and, yes, over the past 4 years he's hardly set the world alight. Just maybe that's why he feels he needs a fresh start.

However, as others have said, since O'D's arrival he has improved massively. Perhaps all he needed all along was the right manager. If he leaves, good luck to him, I don't see the reason for such hostility.

As for those saying he's been dreadful/ the worst ever etc, I think they clearly have short memories. Julian Watts or Matt Heywood just for starters?

Archived