IGNORED

Nyatanga Wants Out

Jon atyeo is my dad

Just wanted to point out that many people said Bolasie wasn't good enough to start in a top half Championship team, now he's being rated as a £5m midfielder at Crystal Palace.

I'm not saying Nyatanga is a great player but we've had a lot of players recently who have been underrated and gone on to do well at other clubs. He sounds like someone who is unhappy and wants to start a fresh and a change of club could see a positive change in him. He's not right for us but I still think he could do a good job for another team, maybe even in the Championship if he gets off on a good foot.

I think his performances since he recently came back into the team have been good. He’s been played slightly out of position (on the right instead of the left) and he’s had Fontaine as a partner which can’t have been easy. Maybe not a star by championship standards but definitely O.K.

More importantly, next year, it’s league 1. Based on his recent performances he, at least, looks to be a good league 1 player. It’s easy to say get rid of him, but who can City sign to replace him, bearing in mind that the club will only pay small transfer fees?

I think it will all depend on what City offer in terms of salary. Probably a lot less than what he gets now, so he’ll leave.

Hmmm, the normally ultra reliable Cunningham opened the way for their goal by performing a Fontaine style tumble when in the box.

I think the defence were not too bad when you consider some of the players they were keeping at bay.

They'll not have to deal with the likes of Burke etc in L1.

Cunningham has been awful for the past few months, maybe his head isn't all there a the minute, what with us being relegated? shame though, hes a great player when he wants to be...

As for Nyatanga, i think your all being a bit harsh on the lad, hes been excellent since SOD was appointed and would be more than capable of playing in league 1, i wouldn't get rid personally, but then i'm not the manager! I don't think you can say that the interview he gave was pointing to him wanting out, this is just the typical fan over reacting, making a mountain out of a mole hill, which we are pretty good at on here.

City player interview asked if he wanted to stay, he said there will be a lot of changes and he's been here 6 years, completely blowing the answer yes or no off.

I think there could b a few surprises in players offered new deals who don't take them up.

Interesting summer ahead

Overall rating of nyatanga as a city player trying to be as fair as possible 6/10

He just dodged a stupid question, nothing more. You should work for the BBC there's more spin in that than my bike wheels.

From what SO'D has intimated I suspect there will be a number of offers made (whether formally and/or made public or not) to out-of-contract players and I have no doubt that Lewin will be one of them.

I do not however expect many (if indeed any) will be accepted as they will all believe they can do better elsewhere and in most cases they will be right.

We can all say good riddance or similar but if anyone honestly believes that SO'D will be able to consistently attract better players than Lewin (and the others) by offering 75% lower salaries and lower league football in a run-down ground then they can expect a rude awakening in August.

This will be a brave new world and SO'D will have succeeded if we are competitive this side of Christmas.

..i see it that we are gonna be building for the future/forward looking?..thats the theme.keeping players that havent been good enough?.he has had time to prove ability and no one can say he has done that.

Maybe. However, we will be in League 1 next year and given he will be approaching his (ahum) peak, I would be inclined to keep him IF he is prepared to accept a realistic League 1 wage. He hasn't been much cop for us, but he is reasonably strong and I'd rather have him than Fontaine who I hope to never to see in a City shirt again. He may be realistic and know that he's not going to get the same kind of money again from anyone and that it would be better for him to be a regular for us in League one, than on the periphery of a lower Championship side. We may only offer him one season, so he'll know that he has one year to show he's up to Championship standard to get a better deal. That is the reality for a lot of players of his standard. He may benefit from the need to prove himself as opposed to the cosy 4 year deal he has had up to now.

Although I agree he has not been too bad since returning to the team under O'Driscoll, I'd imagine he is currently on a fair whack and is definitely one I wouldn't be sad to see the back of.

For me, when you conisider his time here as a whole, he has been a massive disapointment.

Just wanted to point out that many people said Bolasie wasn't good enough to start in a top half Championship team, now he's being rated as a £5m midfielder at Crystal Palace.

I'm not saying Nyatanga is a great player but we've had a lot of players recently who have been underrated and gone on to do well at other clubs. He sounds like someone who is unhappy and wants to start a fresh and a change of club could see a positive change in him. He's not right for us but I still think he could do a good job for another team, maybe even in the Championship if he gets off on a good foot.

bet we aint got a sell on clause either!

As I've said before on here, we need a Karen Brady type to shake the place up from top to bottom.

Despite her many talents I don't think even Thatcher had balls :dunno:

PS It's 'woman' Tommy, 'women' is plural

City player interview asked if he wanted to stay, he said there will be a lot of changes and he's been here 6 years, completely blowing the answer yes or no off.

I think there could b a few surprises in players offered new deals who don't take them up.

Interesting summer ahead

Overall rating of nyatanga as a city player trying to be as fair as possible 6/10

A total waste signed by GJ for £320,000.

Ta ta Nayatangle.

I wonder if he's the first of our supposed Championship players that has an extremely high opinion of themselves. He's having a decent game tonight but really isn't that good IMHO, certainly NOT worth the supposed inflated wedge we are paying him.

Ta ta Nayatangle.

I wonder if he's the first of our supposed Championship players that has an extremely high opinion of themselves. He's having a decent game tonight but really isn't that good IMHO, certainly NOT worth the supposed inflated wedge we are paying him.

Supposed is the operative word here. I doubt anyone on this board really know what we are paying him - myself included.

Interesting summer ahead

Hopefully he will be in the same taxi as Fontaine and Foster and Pearson and Elliott and Skuse.

Archived