IGNORED

The No One Else Will Do It Road To Hull Official Match Thread

Aizoon

Decent shift tonight. We looked very solid and well organised.

We know we lack quality but we were never going to offer a lot going forward tonight. I would have liked to see Burns for a bit longer though.

How bad were Hull though? So average and no creativity what so ever. They won't last five minutes in the prem. Steve Bruce aka mrs doubtfire didn't know what to do to break us down tonight.

I honestly don't know how Watford have bottled it to that mob, as they are a much better side. The KC was like a library as well. Very poor all round from a club with premiership ambitions.

Me too.

What struck me was how comfortable the players looked doing their jobs. When you consider we changed formation, we managed to hold them at arm's length and looked far more likely than they did. In truth it was a poor game and if we'd made decisions better on the break, we'd have won the game.

On another note, we played 3 at the back again and it worked a treat. Apart from the Leicester game, we have looked better with 3 at the back this season.

I watched some of it again in the pub late on and outside several Thatchers. What struck me was how comfortable we looked at the back and how quickly we broke.

There was only one team that was going to score and it wasn't Hull. OK we didn't but we made the chances. Some of the moaners on here need to get a grip!

I watched some of it again in the pub late on and outside several Thatchers. What struck me was how comfortable we looked at the back and how quickly we broke.

There was only one team that was going to score and it wasn't Hull. OK we didn't but we made the chances. Some of the moaners on here need to get a grip!

We did look comfortable at the back for sure.

But we never ever ever ever looked like scoring.

Good grief we were poor going forward. Our balls in the final third were really quite shocking.

I certainly do not consider myself a moaner, correct me if you think otherwise by the way, but its an interesting point to reflect on; that we go virtually all season looking like dead cert relegation fodder and then put in a performance that you and others deem to suggest is championship maintaining. I.e. my point being what goes through players heads when under pressure and then when its lifted?

We all think they could have done a whole lot better and then they perform like that. The brain is a mysterious place but it does annoy.

We did look comfortable at the back for sure.

But we never ever ever ever looked like scoring.

Good grief we were poor going forward. Our balls in the final third were really quite shocking.

But keep clean sheets like that a few more times away from home and we would be in lower mid table.

How about when heaton had to save a point blank shot at the end? We didn't get anywhere near a chance like that.

Yes we we more organised and looked decent at the back but we basically played 6 back there (back 5 plus Kelly) hence the reason we pretty much had no midfield and the defence had to hoof it.

I'm not moaning I'm actually quite encouraged by what I saw but some of the basic skills were dreadful even from our so called best technical players (Davies, Albert, baldock, Kilkenny at times).

The good news is it should be an interesting summer for once!

For me we came to stop then playing their natural game, and it worked. Sadly though we couldnt do much better when we had possession. My girlfriends cousin is a Hull fan and said we were well worth the point if not more, but acknowledged how much we missed Stead (which I agreed). I also would have liked to have seen Howard on for Kilkenny at 70mins and would prefer to try him instead next week. Our midfield has no quality in posession at all!

Last night it was Hull -- but I think generally the opposition has not been great this season - certainly nothing to compare with Swansea couple of years ago - which makes our relegation all the more galling. Quite often and for large periods of a game we have been the better team - losing too often through v poor defnding and lack of midfield. More recently, albeit much too late we have improved the defence but midfield has remained woeful throughout. Obvious to all except those in charge. Could have been so different.

Big question of the night. Can Horace wear his 2013-14 season scarf or would that bring bad luck (well, worse than this season) down on our heads?

Well did it work then?

Maybe time to retire the signature: Sponsored by Horace the Hedgehog :farmer: - saviour of CITY in 2012 and looking forward to the Great Escape in 2013.

Well did it work then?

Maybe time to retire the signature: Sponsored by Horace the Hedgehog :farmer: - saviour of CITY in 2012 and looking forward to the Great Escape in 2013.

Well. We drew at the second-placed team's stadium, so I guess it did ;)

It was an awful game and I don`t think I’ve seen us play as bad (with so many individual mistakes) as that since the 4th Division. I think a neutral could have easily classed it as one of the worst games they’d ever seen.

We simply didn`t have a clue how to break you down and the amount of misplaced passes was off the chart. We were clearly suffering from a massive case of stage fright. But credit were its due – you came with a plan and it worked – there are fine margins in this league.

Also, massive credit to your travelling support – not sure if it was picked up but they got recognition from our fans before and after the game.

I really feared defeat prior to the game and I think that in reflection, we were a million miles from deserving to win, so that could be a decent point for us at the end of the season.

Sincerely hope that you get your great club back in shape and we meet again soon.

.......and what was wrong with the Cash???

Not to mention Dave Rodgers and Gary Collier! What I would give to have 2 centre halves like them now. The one a rock, the other elegant and composed. What a contrast with the current crop, and home grown too.

As someone who rarely sees city in the flesh and watched the game on sky last night , that was one shite game of football . If , as many on this thread have said , that is a good performance then it's no wonder league 1 beckons .

Don't understand playing players who aren't going to be here next season . Start building now or we're ****** . . . . . Again .

Archived